[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think a majority of coaches would have lost that squad after what has gone on the last few weeks. I don't feel it is Hasler's fault that the super 7 have left him out to dry. The players feel that, and that is why you have a fracture.

Look at DCE in the presser last night. Between the lines you could see his was angry by the shortness of his sentences. I don't think he could have cared less about the game yesterday he just ran around in circles. To me the damage is done, and until the super 7 show some accountability for the disrespect that gave their coach and captain I can't see it getting better. This gangsta attitude should not be allowed in the Manly squad, they are supposed to be professional footballers paid professional money.

NYEagle

Maaaaate ... forget the past couple of weeks, shiite happens ...

BUT this is the final few games of Dessie's 4th year ... repeat 4th year .... if we aren't a positive squad, well drilled, with good defensive structures in place by now ... how many years to you reckon Des should have to get it .?

It wasn't "the 7" that left Hasler out to Dry. It was the club management that did that to him and got him in this predicament. FIRSTLY: by imposing the silly rainbow jersey idea onto everybody in the first place. SECONDLY: by not communicating to anybody that they were imposing the silly rainbow jersey onto everybody (remember Des was in the dark about it just like everybody else). And then THIRDLY: in the cowardly way the club threw Des and DCE under the bus and pushed them out in front of the media and made them answerable for the club's stupidity!!!!!
Raven - that is all 100% true and you are spot on.

Maybe I should have said the "7" and their advisers have kept Hasler/DCE out to dry, and that does not help either. Them being silent does a lot of harm.

NYEagle

Maaaaate ... forget the past couple of weeks, shiite happens ...

BUT this is the final few games of Dessie's 4th year ... repeat 4th year .... if we aren't a positive squad, well drilled, with good defensive structures in place by now ... how many years to you reckon Des should have to get it .?
You may be right Woodsie. All Des has done is improved Many from ****e to mediocre. It's not good enough is it?.

Regards defensive structures - they played some great games just before the rainbow jersey - i.e against Melbourne and Newcastle, and previously against Parra before Keppies defensive spit, and Cummins stepping in. Now they have fallen apart. I relate that to jerseygate.

NYEagle

Regards defensive structures - they played some great games just before the rainbow jersey - i.e against Melbourne and Newcastle, and previously against Parra before Keppies defensive spit, and Cummins stepping in. Now they have fallen apart. I relate that to jerseygate.

You see , that's just the point ... not just this year but last couple ... I have seen us play like champions, and I've seen all the players people are screaming to off-load all play great games .. then we dish up shiite ... we are all over the shop ... and that is poor coaching ... we are not a well drilled disciplined team ..

You see , that's just the point ... not just this year but last couple ... I have seen us play like champions, and I've seen all the players people are screaming to off-load all play great games .. then we dish up shiite ... we are all over the shop ... and that is poor coaching ... we are not a well drilled disciplined team ..
Even last season, we just hit the perfect storm with the ridiculous V Touch Footy version of NRL, absolutely tailored for Turbo to shred apart the comp. Soon as it disappeared this season (NRL - consistency over-rated) our glaring deficiencies come out again for all to see. I love Dessie, but I am genuinely losing faith in him. We do not seem to be improving over the longer term towards a bigger picture goal. His decisions seem to be about short term self-preservation.

Other then storm which team has consistently been top 8 every single year. We are always competing for a top 8 spot. We aren’t always going to the team to beat. We are clearly in a rebuilding phase. Juniors coming through, old dogs leaving, we will continue to compete and will again be a top 4 team. In Hasler I trust

I’ve not seen much of a game plan of late…the kicks from DCE are all over the shop. Standing on the hill watching Rueben run on one leg. Players running out of the line. Weird player selections. All coaching issues. Has Des still got it? I’m doubtful. Seibold might be an answer. Smart, articulate and ok, he wasn’t suited to South’s or the donkeys, it give him a try, and please, do some background checks when recruiting.

I’ve not seen much of a game plan of late…the kicks from DCE are all over the shop. Standing on the hill watching Rueben run on one leg. Players running out of the line. Weird player selections. All coaching issues. Has Des still got it? I’m doubtful. Seibold might be an answer. Smart, articulate and ok, he wasn’t suited to South’s or the donkeys, it give him a try, and please, do some background checks when recruiting.

He smashed it at the bunnies, but signed a contract with the Broncos when the bunnies wanted to extend him.

Has Manly culture inbuilt.

He'd be great. Doesn't take **** either I heard like the Cowboys dude. We need that to pull the dickheads in our Jersey into line.

1. Can drink his players under the table :whitecheck:
  2. Can do push ups on the bar in his undies :whitecheck:
  3. Can deflect blame for poor coaching performance :whitecheck:
  4. Can claim credit for others' good coaching performance :whitecheck:
  5. Can do a decent Zoolander pout at press conferences :whitecheck:
  6. Has own garden chair? :whitecheck:

Other then storm which team has consistently been top 8 every single year. We are always competing for a top 8 spot. We aren’t always going to the team to beat. We are clearly in a rebuilding phase. Juniors coming through, old dogs leaving, we will continue to compete and will again be a top 4 team. In Hasler I trust
Haha turn it up. Rebuilding since 2014

Steams from poor lower grade results the club as a whole is struggling, we have no players knocking down the door for selection from the NSW Cup team why would any player want to sign with us with the chance of playing for a terrible cup side and getting stuck in that team, our depth is extremely poor.

Des continues to name a terrible bench and not use them properly on the weekend we had one prop, a centre/lock, a centre/second row and a 5/8/second row was a bloody waste, that loss was our worst of the year. Our overall coaching structures including Des and all assistants doesn't seem to be working maybe we need to bring in Mick Potter as an assistant to Des next year or another big name

And to add insult we can’t get a quick play the ball out of any of them. Even the lowly Titans showed us up.

NYEagle

Steams from poor lower grade results the club as a whole is struggling, we have no players knocking down the door for selection from the NSW Cup team why would any player want to sign with us with the chance of playing for a terrible cup side and getting stuck in that team, our depth is extremely poor.

Des continues to name a terrible bench and not use them properly on the weekend we had one prop, a centre/lock, a centre/second row and a 5/8/second row was a bloody waste, that loss was our worst of the year. Our overall coaching structures including Des and all assistants doesn't seem to be working maybe we need to bring in Mick Potter as an assistant to Des next year or another big name
You highlight the major problems. No matter what this club needs a massive shake up, and bigger than what happened after 2014.

Problem is, when it comes to players there is not much chop out there.

NYEagle

Does any other team in the comp have their reserve grade club so geographically far away (apart from Melbourne, who are basically a Queensland outpost in Victoria & have the whole QLD Cup to draw talent from)?

You highlight the major problems. No matter what this club needs a massive shake up, and bigger than what happened after 2014.

Problem is, when it comes to players there is not much chop out there.

NYEagle
The players are complacent they aren't looking over their shoulders because a NSW Cup player is dominating. Piss Blacktown off it's been a terrible relationship I haven't seen one positive, Des would rather play blokes out of position then give any Cup players a crack that goes to show there isn't any confidence in the relationship. Cut ties now and revert to having our own Cup team give back to our own northern beaches community

The players are complacent they aren't looking over their shoulders because a NSW Cup player is dominating. Piss Blacktown off it's been a terrible relationship I haven't seen one positive, Des would rather play blokes out of position then give any Cup players a crack that goes to show there isn't any confidence in the relationship. Cut ties now and revert to having our own Cup team give back to our own northern beaches community

Most of the NSW cup guys arent Manly players, they are Blacktown guys. We seem to play our guys in Flegg where we can.

I agree though, ditch Blacktown, bring everyone back in under the one umbrella, training under the same methods. Most of all, treat NSW Cup as a genuine reserve grade. If the game is after first grade on the weekend your best 17 outside of the first grade 17 play.

If its before your best save for 18th man.

If Weekes etc are on the first grade fringe the below in NSW cup

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8