[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
For example I know many want Foran to come but that symptomatic of the problem...looking for the past to save the future.
It's been the problem with our club for years no future planning. Whenever we get in trouble (god love him) we wheel out old Arko.
We never look forward only back.Penn or the ceo who says nothing is it still Humphreys or has he been sacked? need to get a firm grip on this.
We have a coach who seems reluctant to rebuild and just patch up with another old busted player in Foran.

Time to either give tooves another shot or bring in some new ideas... even if it means bringing in someone who is not from the Manly inner sanctum... Graham Lowe was a blow-up and he did ok...
I'd really like to see Manly (or another club) give the Walker Brothers a crack at coaching a NRL team. Give them a one-year contract with an option in favour of the club.
I think they could re-invent tactics and potentially revolutionise the sport. If it fails then it would be just one year in which Manly failed.

if this is true i agree with frank this is bloody silly . young albert has 100% more up side then a loser like elliott . i have followed my sea eadles for 60 years can not sea any sence in this at all des you have loss me young schoster should be at lease comming of the bench '

Mate, dont call anyone who represents our great club to the best of his ability a LOSER...just because he's not as talented as turbo doesnt mean he doesnt try....

With a full offseason to prepare I’m sure Des would prepare our team under the new touch football style system to give the premiership a nudge. He’s a smart guy, don’t underestimate him. The rule changes really messed with all the season preparation and the COVID really hurt our youth prospects development.

Its very dangerous territory for Manly if they get the Pac Islanders and Mormon faction seriously offside. Schuster is also a Pac islander. As mentioned Fainu another. Thing is these kids are outstanding talent and play well together. They were brought into the club by it seems young Fulton's group so they were encouraged to play for Manly with a promise. Somehow that promise is consistently being blocked in some form of bottle neck at the top. Has been happening for many years now.

Maybe Barrett has learned his lesson learning from and supporting a far more innovative coach in Cleary (another exiled Manly junior). I dont know what's happening at Manly and to Des. But his selection policy and neglect of his back line...also seen at the Dogs...and this inflexible attitude regarding up and comers, must stop.

Manly are setting up a dangerous pattern that may affect it for many many years to come. Everything was set up for a brave new world when Des arrived. Outstanding juniors, a top core of players, returned Manly tradition. I know injuries have cruelled us but Des is acting like Barrett...panicking, digging his heals in. He was great in the past, but its a brave new world requiring fresh players and ideas. You cant just expect the Trbojevic clan to be the only answer. There must be on ongoing flow of new talent. For example I know many want Foran to come but that symptomatic of the problem...looking for the past to save the future.

The game is for the young, for progressive ideas. What worked in yesteryear should stay in yesteryear. Manly needs to look to the future and where the game is heading, not trying to recast what it was. That never works
Schuster is maori

Elliott won't get injured and is a know quantity. As I said earlier let him play 3 rounds at the warriors and if he goes well we can drop a fit hoppa straight in.
Hey EoL... Brendan Elliott says thanks for the massive mock that you put on him with this classic less than 24 hrs before he did an ACL...

Bit of reverse Nostradamus there...

...just bumping this thread up where I can find it at around 5pm Sunday...

I know the game doesn't finish till 6pm but after last week, and having looked at the players named for the two sides, I will be amazed if we are not 3 tries down at halftime...

I may need it earlier if our team runs onto the ground 1-17...

...just bumping this thread up where I can find it at around 5pm Sunday...

I know the game doesn't finish till 6pm but after last week, and having looked at the players named for the two sides, I will be amazed if we are not 3 tries down at halftime...

I may need it earlier if our team runs onto the ground 1-17...

5A192727-3B59-4778-81EC-490EF5448AA4.gif

With a full offseason to prepare I’m sure Des would prepare our team under the new touch football style system to give the premiership a nudge. He’s a smart guy, don’t underestimate him. The rule changes really messed with all the season preparation and the COVID really hurt our youth prospects development.
The new rules messed with every team. Roosters and Storm played a different style two weeks later. Penrith were great and Parra were playing the right way from the start even though they are way overrated personnel wise. It took the Raiders a few weeks.
We have made no adjustment either tactically or by adding speed. Playing up and in with tortoise backs with quick play the balls coming at you was never going to work.Injuries cruelled us but our game plan never changed.

Injuries are a very reasonable excuse. The new rules are not.Coaching is about adapting , not waiting till next season.

Des is a good coach. But I think he hasn’t grasped the new game. I think he will in the offseason like you say and we’ll be faster and better prepared. But it shouldn’t have taken this long.

Last edited:
Has Des been as successful since Kelly Egan stopped being his assistant?
Asking because I don’t know. Not trying to be an all knowing smart arse (this time).

It's crazy to see how fickle some of the supporters on here are. This season has been unprecedented. We lost our starting hooker to start the season which had a massive change to the playing style we adapted last season. We lost our best player for nearly the whole season. We have consistently had key players with injuries rotate in and out of the squad all season.

The whole playing style of the NRL changed on it's head at a moment's notice. It's hard to adapt to that when you have so many injuries and you have plodders to replace them.

The one critiscm you can direct at Hasler is not giving enough of the young guys a go. Although Hasler's loyalty to his players is usually why he is able to get the best out of them in the long run. We are also not there at training so we don't have insight into everything.

If by the end of next season we are struggling then by all means questions about Des's job security should be raised, but for now let's back him to get the job done as he has before.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10