[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I can't understand why the Penns won't sell the club. Surely they can't be enjoying the derision being heaped on them as the cause of the disfunction; the daily in-fighting; the indignity of a once mighty club at such a low level; and the financial clout of having to pay out coaches mid-term plus the impending reduction in membership for 2023.
Why are they putting themselves through this pain? It not as if they are feted as saviours. Who of us would cheer them if they turned up at Brookie. so it can't be ego?
I believe if they are true fans as they profess they will know it is in the best interests of the club to move on and let new owners try their luck.
Spoilt rich kid who’s never given a hoot what the masses think.

Wow, almost 1,000 fans in that petition like a .450 odd winning percentage coach (over 4 years), who's missed the finals 50% of his time, acquires & can attain literally 0 talent, has a splintered, un-invested, disinterested roster, who's assistant coaches are leaving in waves, who creates and absolute ****pool when he doesn't get what he wants (through the media as well).

I'm starting to think Manly fans are either thick, or they actually WANT the club to continue to fail?

EDIT: @Cameron , mate, you know I love you - but why did you share that email with the newspaper man? Just created more negativity towards the club as a whole. I know your sentiment was positive, but the last thing we need is for us to be white anting the club, too.

Enjoy our first spoon under seibold.

If des has to go you replace him with someone that offers something.
Shane flanno a premiership winner, Jason ryles, or you poach a current coach.

You don't head hunt a bloke who wrecked the broncos they are still cleaning up his mess.

The last time penn did something like this toovey was punted and replaced with that coaching legend barrett.

We lost the players like Gutho, niko Hynes and Shaun lane under Barrett's watch.

It will be worse under Spoonbold

Wow, almost 1,000 fans in that petition like a .450 odd winning percentage coach (over 4 years), who's missed the finals 50% of his time, acquires & can attain literally 0 talent, has a splintered, un-invested, disinterested roster, who's assistant coaches are leaving in waves, who creates and absolute ****pool when he doesn't get what he wants (through the media as well).

I'm starting to think Manly fans are either thick, or they actually WANT the club to continue to fail?
Your a smart guy Ryan.

You want the alternative Anthony Spoonbold. The bloke who burnt the broncos down.

Your a smart guy Ryan.

You want the alternative Anthony Spoonbold. The bloke who burnt the broncos down.

Nah mate, like I suggested:

1. Coach: Des Hasler (through to 2024)
2. Assistant Coach: Anthony Siebold (2 year contract)
3. Assistant Coach: Josh Hannay (2 year contract)

2024 arrives - Des to Director if he feels he wants that role. The club as a WHOLE decides (without Hasler throwing a tantrum) which assistant deserves the top gig (basically whoever the players are responding more strongly to).

Means Penn has to open his wallet. Also means everyone gets what they want (and we have new / fresh ideas in the coaching ranks), but tbh, I'm just a numpty. What will be, will be.

Nah mate, like I suggested:

1. Coach: Des Hasler (through to 2024)
2. Assistant Coach: Anthony Siebold (2 year contract)
3. Assistant Coach: Josh Hannay (2 year contract)

2024 arrives - Des to Director if he feels he wants that role. The club as a WHOLE decides (without Hasler throwing a tantrum) which assistant deserves the top gig (basically whoever the players are responding more strongly to).

Means Penn has to open his wallet. Also means everyone gets what they want (and we have new / fresh ideas in the coaching ranks), but tbh, I'm just a numpty. What will be, will be.
Mate i bet you a six pack spoonbold is head coach next year

I call it the Mugabe effect. Putin has it. Xi has it. Too long in power. Impressive at the start but ends up believing in their own rightness and refusal to understand they are there at the behest of the people or in this case the Club. I like Des and would like him to continue to coach Manly, but I agree he needs someone strong to assist and perhaps finally take over. Des needs to bend with the wind and stop digging his heels in, which he often does.

I can't understand why the Penns won't sell the club. Surely they can't be enjoying the derision being heaped on them as the cause of the disfunction; the daily in-fighting; the indignity of a once mighty club at such a low level; and the financial clout of having to pay out coaches mid-term plus the impending reduction in membership for 2023.
Why are they putting themselves through this pain? It not as if they are feted as saviours. Who of us would cheer them if they turned up at Brookie. so it can't be ego?
I believe if they are true fans as they profess they will know it is in the best interests of the club to move on and let new owners try their luck.
They are making money / some benefit to them. They may have been fans at sometime but that has clearly passed as their primary reason for ownership

I call it the Mugabe effect. Putin has it. Xi has it. Too long in power. Impressive at the start but ends up believing in their own rightness and refusal to understand they are there at the behest of the people or in this case the Club. I like Des and would like him to continue to coach Manly, but I agree he needs someone strong to assist and perhaps finally take over. Des needs to bend with the wind and stop digging his heels in, which he often does.
Thought you were talking about Penn in those first few lines.

This came off a FB page entitled "Manly Sea Eagles" (with a gmail address naming LeeroyTravanor)

Has any body seen the original SMH post, or knows of the alternate FB page?

OK the article is all over the place now.

Still don't know about the alt. Manly Sea Eagles site on FB, though?

EDIT: @Cameron , mate, you know I love you - but why did you share that email with the newspaper man? Just created more negativity towards the club as a whole. I know your sentiment was positive, but the last thing we need is for us to be white anting the club, too.
Des is a loyal man, we all know that, sometimes he is painfully loyal. But loyalty and passion is important when politics tries to take over a football club

His assistants are gone because the people above Des threatened their job-stability and reputation.

Be careful what you wish for Ryan, this whole thing stinks

I'll be ****ed off is Des is ousted. Politics removed him the first time. Politics removed Toovey. Politics brought in Barrett. Politics removed (* at this stage) Des again and politics will bring in Seibold, a man managed by Issac Moses who also manages Tony Mestrov. I said a few weeks ago that club management/Penn's can only influence so much at a club but it is clear that they are all crossing the line and trying to fulfil their own motives. I was terribly naive in that assumption.

I can take being a **** club for a few years (even though we've been better than you've suggested), but to turn on Des like this is genuinely ****ed. Finals 2019, PF 2021, set for finals 2022 in spite of apparent drama behind the scenes and injury that would have previously folded us. Then players, their managers and management tore the club apart from within.

Now in all the chaos the vultures seem to be choosing a time to strike and we will be stuck with a the Fultons, the Penns, Isaac Moses, Mario Tartak and Anthony ****ing Seibold. Des suggested Josh Hannay as an assistant, who comes across as a respectable, honest man. It shows the people Des wants to build the club alongside.

Des is the type of person to stubbornly and aggressively resist all this politics but if he is gone the business types will take over

It is sad how quickly he has become the scapegoat for something he had no role in creating this year.

To be blunt I think you are the one being naive/thick in presuming that any coaching change is good change. I know you want success but there is a long-lasting common denominator preventing success at manly and that's the infighting and politics from above (management) and below (players).

If Hasler is gone in this fashion I'm not so sure I will feel the same for the club/rugby league again. I'll just be supporting 7 self-centered idiots making quadripple the money they deserve, weasly player managers and pathetic club management/owners.

Enough making the coach the scapegoat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11