Run Koula Run

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Olaukat'atu is already their equal. Schuster is potentially even more skilled than Kosef. Leaves Burbo to try to emulate Menzies and yes that's one very tough job, but if he uses Schuster like we've seen he does, and he is as fast as a centre, who knows.
Oh please! How many rep games have those 3 played? I feel you are confusing potential with performance.

Just sayin’

Olaukat'atu is already their equal. Schuster is potentially even more skilled than Kosef. Leaves Burbo to try to emulate Menzies and yes that's one very tough job, but if he uses Schuster like we've seen he does, and he is as fast as a centre, who knows.
If Olakau’atu can play a consistent season next year then I’ll agree he’s on par with Kosef or Gartner but he needs another few years of consistent footy before I’d consider him equal to Menzies.

Oh please! How many rep games have those 3 played? I feel you are confusing potential with performance.

Just sayin’

Suggest you check your records. Kosef played 10 tests but didn't play his first one until 3 years after joining Manly during Manly's halcyon days 1995 to 1997. Gartner played a single test in 1996 and a single State of Origin in 1997. He was around 24 at that stage same age as Olakau'atu. Top players but if you're basing it on rep games only Menzies was the stand out. Olakau'atu has played two tests for Tonga and is only now reaching his potential. He's on the cusp pf SOOs and I would suggest he'll probably, barring injury, play for NSW in 2024. He could be anything.

Suggest you check your records. Kosef played 10 tests but didn't play his first one until 3 years after joining Manly during Manly's halcyon days 1995 to 1997. Gartner played a single test in 1996 and a single State of Origin in 1997. He was around 24 at that stage same age as Olakau'atu. Top players but if you're basing it on rep games only Menzies was the stand out. Olakau'atu has played two tests for Tonga and is only now reaching his potential. He's on the cusp pf SOOs and I would suggest he'll probably, barring injury, play for NSW in 2024. He could be anything.
There are plenty of players with “potential “ but few have achieved what those 3 have achieved!

Olakau’atu looks the goods against the bottom ranked teams but I would hold my judgement on him until he is a consistent performer against the top 4 teams

Schuster in my opinion is a very rough diamond… there are even people on here that feel his contract should not have been renewed.
He is not even in out firsts at present.

Anyway just saying they are in the potential class but no comparison to Menzies gartner snd kosef!

Just my opinion !

There are plenty of players with “potential “ but few have achieved what those 3 have achieved!

Olakau’atu looks the goods against the bottom ranked teams but I would hold my judgement on him until he is a consistent performer against the top 4 teams

Schuster in my opinion is a very rough diamond… there are even people on here that feel his contract should not have been renewed.
He is not even in out firsts at present.

Anyway just saying they are in the potential class but no comparison to Menzies gartner snd kosef!

Just my opinion !

I take your point, though the level of potential is quite divergent. Some have seemingly outstanding potential, others not so much. Of course those who have outstanding potential dont always make it and those with limited potential at times become superstars. But I guess it comes down to an assessment based on probabilities. Doesn't aways work of course, but someone with seemingly outstanding potential is more likely to succeed than those without, otherwise why do sporting clubs around the World pour money at kids barely past puberty. Those doing it aren't dummies by any stretch of the imagination. They know the probabilities are in their favour.

Now Olakau'atu has shown quite outstanding skills. Elements of his play at times remind me a little of a young Arthur Beetson...and before you laugh at that remember I'm 72 and remember well Beetson's rise. Ola may peak and not go further but the gamble suggests he'll get better. Same with Schuster. That's where Manly made a mistake with Gutherson. You can only predict on what assets the player has. Menzies for example had good potential and almost signed with Norths as a junior. Manly offered bigger money because they saw the potential. No one could have predicted though what he was to become. To compare him now with someone say like Burbo today is fruitless because you're looking at Menzies retrospectively. I doubt you would be saying the same thing back when he started. Easy to look back, near impossible to see ahead. All you can rely upon is probabilities based on their skill set.

In regards to the fullback question. Koula is on the field reliably and consistently. Period. Full stop. I don't care how brilliant Turbo is, you need consistency and stability in the spine, which is something Turbo has not been able to deliver. Utilise Turbo's brilliance somewhere else where it does not crush the team's chances every season when he goes down. Turbo to centre (and by all means, make it creative), and Koula developed at FB for the next couple of seasons.

In regards to the fullback question. Koula is on the field reliably and consistently. Period. Full stop. I don't care how brilliant Turbo is, you need consistency and stability in the spine, which is something Turbo has not been able to deliver. Utilise Turbo's brilliance somewhere else where it does not crush the team's chances every season when he goes down. Turbo to centre (and by all means, make it creative), and Koula developed at FB for the next couple of seasons.
Adding to Turbo to centre. Take a leaf out of Jamie Lyons book and call it a day on Origin. It’s time to repay the club, the fans. Fuk Fittler, you don’t owe him shiit.

Adding to Turbo to centre. Take a leaf out of Jamie Lyons book and call it a day on Origin. It’s time to repay the club, the fans. Fuk Fittler, you don’t owe him shiit.
I commented elsewhere tonight about some alleged expression by Tom to play SOO next season. F**k that. He needs to mature and read the room… even if he takes a hiatus next season and returns in future seasons. That’s palatable for the average Manly fan.

With Turbo’s lack of game time and commitment to SOO over the club I’d be playing him in the centres. We don’t want to return to Turbo taking multiple hit ups. We will have good ball players on both sides of the ruck and Koula has more pace than Turbo. Koula’s weakness is the high ball but that can be fixed with training.

I commented elsewhere tonight about some alleged expression by Tom to play SOO next season. F**k that. He needs to mature and read the room… even if he takes a hiatus next season and returns in future seasons. That’s palatable for the average Manly fan.
There is mention of Turbo in Riccio’s weekend column in the Bellylaugh.

Unfortunately (in reality, fortunately) I don’t have an account with the American’s newspapers. Perhaps someone who does could post it?

I got this much out of a website called ‘The Code’:

D598EEE8-56D7-4B48-82CB-5DAA3438621F.jpeg

E45E939E-29B4-498D-90F0-E9D21D01EF57.jpeg

With Turbo’s lack of game time and commitment to SOO over the club I’d be playing him in the centres.
Toms Commitment Perspective ...

Tom is Committed to his Elite playing standards .
Playing in his Elite Number One position for Manly and playing in the Elite Rep teams .

The Elite Number One Tom has High Elite standards and he wont change them for any one
1704086012842.png

Toms Commitment Perspective ...

Tom is Committed to his Elite playing standards .
Playing in his Elite Number One position for Manly and playing in the Elite Rep teams .

The Elite Number One Tom has High Elite standards and he wont change them for any one
View attachment 25755
You mean his elite bench standards? He has played far more games in the stands, yes?

You mean his elite bench standards? He has played far more games in the stands, yes?
I mean Elite Benchmark standards exhibited on the playing field where he stands high above his peers and his comebacks are always greater than his setbacks feathered friend

I'll BE BACK !
The Turbo Terminator
1704385865584.png

Got to say, really excited about Tolu this year.

I think often players take 50 odd games to find their feet and Koula is coming into this season at 39.

I think those two games at fullback at the end of last year would have given him the world of confidence and I think the move to the left where he will be option 1 (as opposed to option 2 behind Olakau'atu) will be really beneficial.

Especially with Turbo out the back putting defenses in two minds.

I think he takes the next step this year.

Agree. I reckon he will be the best centre in the competition by the end of season. That left side change is vital. He’s going to get way better ball and be a real weapon.
yep. We havent seen the best of him yet. Unfortunately outside of DCE he gets no early ball. DCE crabs too much or gives it to Haumole and he doesnt pass or offload. Something i hope Haumole works on this season.. needs to add a second phase to his game. More than capable to produce it more consistently. If we switch Koula to Brooks side.. we may see something amazing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8