Royal Easter Show.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Napper

Bencher
Was there today with my wife and daughter and to my amazement the majority of people with NRL clothing were manly fans. Hats shirts everywhere!! Was good to see.

Now on a sad note there was an nrl merchandise van. They had an Nrl showbag which was a $50 bag of ****. $10-20 i could understand but $50 is a joke. So we went to the showbag pavillion and what do you see? A massive AFL stand(not a tiny van) with a different showbag for every team.Not an nrl advertisement in sight.

A melbourne based sport does a 10x better job in trying to win over kids in NSW.

It's a disgrace.

Might have something to do with who is running our game, or more like who is suppose to be.

David Trollop you are a disgrace.

Mapper, what was in the NRL bag? I have previously seen vans for Tigers, Dragons, dogs, Eels with merchandise. Have been saying for years that NRL need to lift their game inerchandise even though we still beat the AFL in merchandising.

eagleE said:
Mapper, what was in the NRL bag? I have previously seen vans for Tigers, Dragons, dogs, Eels with merchandise. Have been saying for years that NRL need to lift their game inerchandise even though we still beat the AFL in merchandising.

Cant remember exactly but it was F.A. They had manly shirts hats watches and stuff in one van but not sure about the showbags.

Napper said:
Was there today with my wife and daughter and to my amazement the majority of people with NRL clothing were manly fans. Hats shirts everywhere!! Was good to see.

Now on a sad note there was an nrl merchandise van. They had an Nrl showbag which was a $50 bag of s**t. $10-20 i could understand but $50 is a joke. So we went to the showbag pavillion and what do you see? A massive AFL stand(not a tiny van) with a different showbag for every team.Not an nrl advertisement in sight.

A melbourne based sport does a 10x better job in trying to win over kids in NSW.

It's a disgrace.

I hope someone brings this up on talk back radio, absolute effn disgrace.

c'mon, Rugby League being proactive!! Problem is that our game is locked in a timewarp and the majority of clubs are literally bankrupt. When 6 clubs have to go to nrl on a monthly basis for handouts then there are big problems.

If we didn't have Delmege and now Penn, we would have been joining up with the Bears! NRL should start watching cash machines like Collingwood and Carlton on how they do things well. If we got a locked in contract like they have with the MCG we would never have to worry about funds again.

I saw that AFL showbag stand too! I would LOVE to get a Manly one of those bags for the footy. They are brilliant! and that NRL van was closed when I went into the show around 7.30pm after the Souths/Bulldogs..

Are the renovations (done for GWS) to the Showground finished?

don't they have a whole NRL day at the show, where they throw all the eggs in one basket in regards to their promo there?
still anyone with half a brain would go for a strong presence throught the whole event.

Totally agree. Was there the other day and seeing the afl stall made me wonder why the NRL wouldn't do the same.
With the generic nature of NRL merchandise these days it would be piss easy.

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
don't they have a whole NRL day at the show, where they throw all the eggs in one basket in regards to their promo there?
still anyone with half a brain would go for a strong presence throught the whole event.
They do have a whole day but it isn't really big name players and just caters for the kids tbh..

I was there today and had my pic taken with Joe Gulavao and Vic Mauro (I think it was Mauro) They were signing posters for us. Also there is a showbag for Manly fans. It was $40 and its a nice drawstring bag with a cap, footy ball, bagtag, kids shoelaces stationary set and playing cards not bad at all. For once Manly did send players to the Easter show.

Unfortunetly available today only as its NRL day. After seeing the gayfl stand and their $25 bags, thought there was a valid point about the NRL being a bit of a ripoff.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6