1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 4 wrap

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Turbo, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    Manly once again brave effort but still lacking that precise feel. Walker should stay at 5/8 he was great tonight he and cherry combined well. DCE got his 1st try assist tonight which was long awaited. He will probably be alright next week but if not chuck Lyon at 5/8 walker to 1/2 back but he should be right. Drop starling for Lussick and it'll be right starling did put offer much but is still good depth. Team for next week assuming DCE pulls up well.

1.Stewart(vc)
    2.Tafua
    3.Lyon(c)(gk)
    4.Matai
    5.Trbojevic
    6.Walker
    7.Cherry-Evans(vc)
    8.Lussick
    9.Parcell
    10.Myles
    11.Mateo
    12.Taupau
    13.Trbojevic

14.Brown
    15.Lawrence
    16.Symonds
    17.Vave

Here's my player scores

1.Stewart-5-wasn't given enough space to do his magic was good defensively
    2.Tafua-3-Night to forget for him was good with his try and meters and defence but dropped the ball and struggled under the high ball but dropping him to reserve grade is not the answer maybe push Matai out for the high kicks
    3.Lyon-8-Great kicking and good try
    4.Brown-6-made good meters and defence was poor though
    5.Trbojevic-7-again showed why he is one for the future with good carries and set up a nice try
    6.Walker-9-Starting to settle with DCE and is running the ball a lot he was our best tonight
    7.Cherry-Evans-7-Injured late in the 2nd half but set up walker with a good try and his kicking and defence looked great
    8.Starling-4-didn't stand up in any areas
    9.Parcell-8-Great game again had great service and defence from dummy half
    10.Myles-7-Showed a lot more than previous encounters was good in defence
    11.Buhrer-2-Another injury for the unlucky guy
    12.Mateo-7-Set up a great try and made took the pressure off of the halves
    13.Trbojevic-8-Was reliable and solid great work rate is bound for origin

14.Lussick-6.5-Terrific run and made lots of impact
    15.Leary-6-Was good but not great not good enough for a starting spot next week
    16.Burgess-5-Was alright but isn't the bloke who played for Souths
    17.Vave-7-Bent the line and made 126 meters!

• Like Like x 3
  2. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,843 / 103
    Lussick is so frustrating. He makes a great bust then, minutes later when we have Easts pined on their goal line he gives away a stupid penalty with some push and shove.
    As many of us suspected, this guy is dumb.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    That's ok if you are a favorite

4. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Have you seen Matai's bandaged shoulders - he hasn't been able to raise his arms to catch a high ball for years :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I must have missed DCE's try assist. Can you talk me through it ?

6. Briza

Briza Active Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 15
    Hoorhey needs to go back to a Shawn hairdo, he's been playing like a girl since he started growing it.

7. HK_Eagle

HK_Eagle Well-Known Member

Hong Kong
    Ratings:
    +898 / 20
    I agree with just about all your player summaries, but have to disagree with these two points.

Stewart was defensively poor by his standards tonight. I thought he was often caught out of position for covering tackles and high kicks. I actually thought he was poor (missing) in all areas, though I can't comment on how well he was organising the defence from behind. @:smirk:

And DCE's kicking game was well below the standards I expect from a million dollar playmaker with a boot on him like he has. Too often kicked ineffectually and never put any pressure on the opposition with his kicks. He dribbled it over the sidelines once and that was about the only effective kick I recall.

But yeah, the rest of it I think is spot on ;)

8. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    You saying Lussick is a favourite? I thought he might be but being in reggies the last 2 weeks says otherwise.

9. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    So you get a try assist for throwing the last pass before a try is scored ?? Walker made that try all on his own.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    Maybe but i an pretty sure turbo does not pick the team but his favorites can get away with murder

12. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,741 / 125
    16.Burgess-5-Was alright but isn't the bloke who played for Souths

Souffs found that he wasn't the bloke who played for Leeds either, that's why they didn't mind Kelly poaching him. We bought the wrong Burgess brother. Should have gone for one of the twins.

The good thing is that Taupau and BJ will be back and fresh on Thursday against Souffs, maybe T-Red as well. The bad thing is we're going to have to do it without DCE.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    I get you, Turbos favs. I thought you meant the coaches.

14. double hoops

double hoops Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,645 / 113
    Walker again was good in attack terrible in defence. When we play **** and win I won't complain. But appart from last week Walker has defended in the centre and been crap. By the end if the year he will be one of the best attacking halves. But his defence really has to pick up. It s a disappointing drop backwards from last week in defence from him:-(

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Briza

Briza Active Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 15
    Their tries withstanding, walker and tafua had shockers defensively.
    I'd consider dropping tafua seriously, apart from the excellent half volley his game was terrible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,741 / 125
    Jorge is rocks and diamonds.

Against the Dogs he pulled in a pass that he had no right to take and scored.

Against the Chooks he held onto a half-volley he again had no right to take and scores. Yet for the next 74 minutes it was like he sprayed oil on his hands instead of Grippo. Then he dives onto the ball at the death without spilling it to secure the win.

His defensive reads are a health hazard. His hands in general play are worse than Chocs. But his hands when there is a try to be had are damn near perfect. And he runs the ball hard when he can actually hold onto the ball and takes pressure from tiring forwards.

Thank God he's only on the wing and there is only one of him LOL