Round 1 results...rate the teams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Tonights match confirmed some of my suspicions - Eels will take some time to get moving> They will be powerful and have strike power, but I suspect their inflated opinion of themselves will prove their downfall. They will still be there at the end though, and their potential  -if they 'click' - means they will always be dangerous. Dragons also look pretty strong, but as with last year, they are methodical but may lack the spark needed in the biggest games. I think both those teams will be up towards the top.

After seeing half of the other game, Broncos young players are quality and the Broncos will be comptetitive for a while. However I suspect they will flag and falter after a while and miss the 8. Cows are living up to all my expectations, they will be dangerous opponents who are almost certain to win at least one or two games, I hope it's not against us...

Parra need to click - if they do is the big thing but overall the games was entertaining but Dragons attack is limited and defence is brillant. The Eels dont look like premiership favourites and I dont rate them as highly as some.

Broncos are surprise packet but wait till State of Origin rolls around. The Cows will be good in attack but defence is crap - will have plenty of points put on them throughout the year.

After the first night of football I like chances even more now but it was the first night so things will change.

Seems the Eels have some injury issues for next week.  Sucked in.  The Cowboys were dreadful tonight, seems the curse of Willie's mouth is already taking it's expected toll on team harmony up north. Broncos won't get so much latitude against the better organised sides.

Did anyone think that thet Eels were shown some latitude by the ref last night with holding down?  I though that FFMM did a 'squasher' on Soward too.  Seeing as how the Eels are the NRL darlings, I guess there won't be any report though.

I saw a squasher on Soward, didn't see who did it but he got up sore. I don't know why a touch judge didn't come in as it  seemed fairly clear cut. One thing about the start of a new season is there are always ref inconsistencies.

The difference with parra's season vs ours the year after we lost the grand final is that we felt we deserved to win the grand final where as parra felt like they were just lucky to be there. I don't think they will be as hungry as we were and probably won't come good.

I bet tge dragons will have that hunger though

Very good point, the Dragoons must be spewing to have been minor premiers & favourites and bow out so limply. They look as if they have a steely focus..
Eels are different. I recall a few years ago when Hayne Inu & Mateo first came on the scene the Eels went far at year's end, and much was expected of them the following season. But they flopped sadly, big-head syndrome in some of their team.

I thought the Cowboys did well to level the game after getting completely smashed in the first half. Danger sign for Broncos to let go of such a lead.

St George and Parra was a fairly even match. Pretty good standard for round one.
Can't wait for the game that matters on Monday night.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2