Rothfield’s Sunday Column - Who’s the player

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
That will do me if he leaves Manly and the Roosters pick him up. No way they could afford him. In any case Reading the Play (a.k.a. Gerard Condon) is often way off the mark with his mail.

Why not, they had Pearce leave when he was on $1,500,000 a season and picked up Cronk for $350,000.
They only ever let big $$ players leave and sign replacements at a fraction of the cost.

Apparently, the player who is being talked about is a back.

You can’t read sarcasm very well. I was taking the piss. Far out he is protected around here by some sensitive people.

We all know what he is capable of, but there’s no hiding the fact that at the moment he isn’t first grade quality. We all have hope he can return to his blistering form...

Fair enough.

How anyone would be expected to pick uo sarcasm in a 3 word statement is beyond me.

Nothing to do with beung protective of Tom. I am sure he is a big boy and can look after himself.

Reading the play are full of sh$t. They just copy rumours from other journalists, and have no idea about what they are writing. This story came from buzz who writes it's a back anyway, not a forward. Marty is not going anywhere

Reading the play are full of sh$t. They just copy rumours from other journalists, and have no idea about what they are writing. This story came from buzz who writes it's a back anyway, not a forward. Marty is not going anywhere
Hooper has reported it on league wrap as well that manly don’t want to let him go but may have no choice due to cherry evans salary and restrictions in the cap

Just an article I found to confirm Taupau is signed until 2020.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...0/news-story/d4e8bf00e9e97229589181d064e90ebd

He did recently buy a terrace in Botany though although this could be so he is closer to UTS.

This Gerard Condon(m) from Reading The Play is a bit of a dick by the sounds of it and knows **** from clay.

Sorry about the language.
Straight from the horses mouth here.

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2016/10/11/marty-the-metre-eater-extends-deal/

But sadly as we know these days contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on

Load of rubbish. We're under the cap this year and next. We don't have much room to upgrade outside of what's already been announced but this doesn't impact Taupau's salary at all.

Load of rubbish. We're under the cap this year and next. We don't have much room to upgrade outside of what's already been announced but this doesn't impact Taupau's salary at all.

... except for the TPAs he didn't get but was promised ! ?

Hooper has reported it on league wrap as well that manly don’t want to let him go but may have no choice due to cherry evans salary and restrictions in the cap

I know we say it a lot of 'journos', but Hooper is not a big fan of Manly so he'll always make things up with put "may" in it. He's not the only one that doesn't like us (obv) but he certainly takes it to higher level.

... except for the TPAs he didn't get but was promised ! ?

He'd better get on to his manger then so he can sort it out with the company in question. - if true.

Speaking of Marty...

@ReadingThePlay Martin Taupau having a blinder yesterday v Roosters. Out to impress his likely new suitors? Watch this space, he's not under lock and key at seasons end after 3rd party deals crumbled... #OwedPlenty #WontGetIt #NotHappyJan #FreeAgent

Well, they do have about $10 or $20 million left in their sombrero so I guess they could afford him.

Personally I hope this is just wishful thinking from the media.

Taufua...

The unfortunate thing I see with Jorge is that he keeps having shoulder problems. Will the club want to go down that path so soon after Matai?

He'd better get on to his manger then so he can sort it out with the company in question. - if true.

That's what I thought. If clubs aren't supposed to be involved in TPA's, shouldn't any problems with them be the responsibility of the players manager to sort out.....since they are supposed to be the ones who brokered the deals in the first place.

Whoever it is, indeed if it is anyone at all, their manager needs to be the one sorting things out since under the NRL's rules it would have been a deal that they did that has fallen through.

There is no "which player" ... it's bullsh*t! Same as the other bullsh*t topics.

Why do we keep feeding detrimental clickbait topics or even START threads like this.
It's as if some here enjoy the bullsh*t.

If you have a burning desire to be a thread author, try a topic like "my best Manly day ever" or " a great experience today at the game" or "i played golf with the Beaver".

FFS, It's ridiculous.

Last edited:
Exactly.
Sorry I think taupau is rubbish. Young founa -Blake is our best prop. Taupau is hopeless always good for 3 drop balls and 3 penalties a game.

Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane.

Might be time to go back to school, maths is not a strong area I take it. Jake is leading the way with penalties this year with 15 (significantly less than 3 per game).

I will take Marty's 250m over AFB's 125m every day of the week but thankfully I don't have to being a greedy bastard I can have both.

That will do me if he leaves Manly and the Roosters pick him up. No way they could afford him. In any case Reading the Play (a.k.a. Gerard Condon) is often way off the mark with his mail.

And an avid Manly hater ( North Sydney Bears) plus he’s blocked me on Twitter, seriously!!, no one’s ever blocked me!

He reads on here regularly so is bound to see this!!

I wouldn’t bother taking anything that he posts about us as correct, he’s got a massive chip on his shoulder and it shows in everything he says about our club!!

and he hates Manly more than most.

I know we say it a lot of 'journos', but Hooper is not a big fan of Manly so he'll always make things up with put "may" in it. He's not the only one that doesn't like us (obv) but he certainly takes it to higher level.

Des and the boys treated Hooper as the resident idiot junior reporter back in the day and made a fool of him more than once. They did that to a few of them at the time. Hence the reason we get such bad press. Zorba was media manager at the time.

You can’t read sarcasm very well. I was taking the piss. Far out he is protected around here by some sensitive people.

We all know what he is capable of, but there’s no hiding the fact that at the moment he isn’t first grade quality. We all have hope he can return to his blistering form...
He ran for 290m as a prop. What more do you want from the bloke?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10