1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rose for Kite?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by R3, Jun 11, 2011.

1. R3

R3 Bird gang affiliate

Ratings:
    +203 / 6
    Just wondering what people think of the idea of these two blokes swapping starting and bench roles permanently when Kite returns from injury? I feel like Rose is playing great opening minute footy and it has sort of always suited his build and style of play. Thoughts?

2. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Not an outrageous idea. Let's see what Des does.

3. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    I reckon a big bloke like george does more damage off the bench against tiring defence and keeps more in the tank that way to. Kite is more composed and deals with the early grind much better.

4. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,795 / 122
    He also does a fair bit of damage when he is on the bench, but that is mainly damaging the actual bench.

5. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    it's not going to get any better if he keeps coming up with a meat pie every week.

6. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    **** u guys stop picking on us fat blokes.

George is the man

7. TokyoEagle

TokyoEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 4
    Might be some merit to this, Rose has scored both games he has started lately.

8. Brookie

Brookie Well-Known Member

Swinger Hill
    Ratings:
    +216 / 4
    rose > kitey....
    kitey needs to watch some old vids of himself and learn how to bend the line again!
    he's gone soft, thinks he's a 5/8 now

9. R3

R3 Bird gang affiliate

Ratings:
    +203 / 6
    Yeh I don't mind either way greatly but I see merit where kite was good when we first signed him and he started from the bench well. He has a big reach to offer an offload when the defense becomes tired in the second 20mins. Plus Georgie has that Glenn Lazzo/Shane Webke kinda build to compliment the opening exchanges.. ?