Rose asks for release

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would take him back too, but like others have said I can't see it happening. He just isn't in Tooves' plans.

Maybe the Dogs reneged on the Fifita deal because they knew George would be available?

A Thorn Among The Roses
There's a lot more to the George Rose situation than meets the eye. Rose has asked for a release from the Storm on compassionate grounds this week and wants to return to Sydney. But I can tell you the move came after Rose had a blow-up with coach Craig Bellamy last week. Rose was stood down from last weekend's games after exchanging words with Bellamy, not even getting a run in the NSW or Queensland Cups. After a promising start to his career at the Storm - Rose trained the house down over the summer - his stint at the club has ended in tears. He played strongly in round one against his old club, the Sea Eagles, but has been disappointing since then. Rose is hoping a Sydney club will pick him up, with the Dragons believed to be showing some interest. The big prop needs to get his act together after the fallout in Melbourne and is likely to only pick up an incentive based contract for the rest of the year.

Alan said:
Not sure who he could ask for a release, he looks like he's eaten bellyache.

Good luck to him, he was never suited to life on the dark side.
That's a pretty decent beard you've got there Alan:)

Moondog said:
Alan said:

Thanks, but I confess I am the old grey beardless one. the Hirsute one is old mate John, the Deputy Mayor of Coff's Harbour, a sikh and committed Manly fan

Alan said:
Moondog said:
Alan said:

Thanks, but I confess I am the old grey beardless one. the Hirsute one is old mate John, the Deputy Mayor of Coff's Harbour, a sikh and committed Manly fan

Haha - I bumped into John last week in the mall Alan. I gave him one of my cards to pass onto you. We should catch up for a beer over a game one day.

Clint said:
Alan said:
Moondog said:
Alan said:

Haha - I bumped into John last week in the mall Alan. I gave him one of my cards to pass onto you. We should catch up for a beer over a game one day.

was the Haha for suggesting he was a manly fan, the beer sounds like a plan.

Journalistic hype. He was probably at Sizzler and a sneaky journo overheard him tell a friend he was going to have to undo the button on his jeans before dessert.

Alan said:
Clint said:
Alan said:
Moondog said:
Alan said:

was the Haha for suggesting he was a manly fan, the beer sounds like a plan.

haha - not at all mate. It's just the way I start a large % of my posts. :D

We lived in Coffs a few years ago John is a legend I didn't know he was a Manly fan. Literally the nicest man you could hope to meet.

Great samosas too.

Meanwhile, former Sea Eagles cult hero George Rose is on the lookout for another NRL club after formally seeking a release from Melbourne.

It is believed he has fallen out with coach Craig Bellamy, and the situation has reached a point where the pair can no longer work together.

Rose has cited homesickness as the reason he wants to depart the Storm, with St George Illawarra reportedly interested in his services.

A return to Manly is not on the cards.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/lyon-big-supporter-of-royal-far-west/story-fngr8iii-1226879043656

The Storm have said Rose will be staying in Melbourne for the rest of the year and seeing out his contract.

^ That's how evil the Storm are - they won't give a loveable fat bloke a release when all he wants to do is go home. They'd rather he stays so they can feed off his suffering and drink his KFC-spiced tears. And with Georgie they'll be feeding for a while. They's EVIL, I tells ya!

While Tooves will never admit it, he's fuucked up getting rid of George. He has filled his place with duds. Bring him back.

this was the plan all along.

1 get the storm to pay Rose market rates
2 get rose fit down there without us hurting for it
3 rose gets release manly get him at min wage whilst storm pay the difference thus saving manly salary cap space just as rose hits fitness

For all his cult-hero value and possible worth from the bench, you seriously have to think about Georgie's unwillingness to toe the line at the elite level...
Look at how many chances Manly - and most recently - Tooves gave him...
Now, he's fallen out with Bellyache; or at least the regime in Melbourne...within months of being there.

Who's to say even if he got ANOTHER gig back in Sydney some other erroneous situation arises yet again and Georgie is unable to perform consistently yet again...?

I would suggest he go to England where the demands aren't quite as high and the rewards quite juicy...

He'd probably get too home-sick tho.

May have already been said but....

I can't see the storm releasing gorge whilst mclean is on a 7 week suspension.

Anyone know if Rose was dropped for the last 2 weeks or if the storm let him go back to his family in Sydney for the last 2 weeks? (I've read both)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8