Post-Game Discussion Roosters v Manly [Round 23, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Roosters
Vs
Sea Eagles
26 Sydney Cricket Ground
03 Aug 2023 19:50
80:00 minute

Match Stats

We have been riding this garbage since 2015 and honestly I do not see things getting any better..next year same old same old…and of course the nervous wait of when turbo drops to top it off

The positive thing about losing on a Thursday night is I get to go to work tomorrow and then by the time the weekend rolls around I can pretend we have the bye.....
I have an RDO tomorrow so now it's a 3 day weekend of depressed misery.

A few thoughts no one is asking for

• Our forward pack was already piss poor as it was but when you take out Paseka, Aloiai and then Lodge 5 minutes in to the game you know we’re already fighting a losing battle
  • I’m one of Schuster’s biggest fans but can admit tonight was a poor performance from him, however he was also the only reason we got on the board tonight. Those who want him out of the team should think back to the earlier rounds when he was out and we struggled to any points full stop. I’d love to see Brooks succeed in the same spot but he will also be dealing with our problems in the point above
  • Guys like Vaega, Burbo and Matterson looked hungry and deserve more opportunity than what they have been getting
  • Croker was largely ineffective again and his decision to go from dummy half on 2nd tackle, when the game was still in the balance killed a lot of momentum we had
  • Parker is heavily overrated defensively and struggles to keep up against top centres like Manu and Crichton who he will line up against next week
  • The refereeing was awful both ways and made a game that was already tough to watch even worse
  • Garrick has always been a streaky kicker but he has been woeful with the boot this season
  • The SCG is the worst ground to watch footy at by a country mile and I’m disappointed with myself for going there three years in a row, and watching us put up garbage performances on every occasion
Unfortunately that is our season over but at the end of the day, had we snuck into the 8 it likely would’ve been a flogging in week 1 of the finals. All we can do now is hope that things turn around next year, hopefully as Seibold’s coaching career will depend on it we can see something different. Not allowing myself to buy into the hope that Tommy turns us around this time

A few thoughts no one is asking for

• Our forward pack was already piss poor as it was but when you take out Paseka, Aloiai and then Lodge 5 minutes in to the game you know we’re already fighting a losing battle
  • I’m one of Schuster’s biggest fans but can admit tonight was a poor performance from him, however he was also the only reason we got on the board tonight. Those who want him out of the team should think back to the earlier rounds when he was out and we struggled to any points full stop. I’d love to see Brooks succeed in the same spot but he will also be dealing with our problems in the point above
  • Guys like Vaega, Burbo and Matterson looked hungry and deserve more opportunity than what they have been getting
  • Croker was largely ineffective again and his decision to go from dummy half on 2nd tackle, when the game was still in the balance killed a lot of momentum we had
  • Parker is heavily overrated defensively and struggles to keep up against top centres like Manu and Crichton who he will line up against next week
  • The refereeing was awful both ways and made a game that was already tough to watch even worse
  • Garrick has always been a streaky kicker but he has been woeful with the boot this season
  • The SCG is the worst ground to watch footy at by a country mile and I’m disappointed with myself for going there three years in a row, and watching us put up garbage performances on every occasion
Unfortunately that is our season over but at the end of the day, had we snuck into the 8 it likely would’ve been a flogging in week 1 of the finals. All we can do now is hope that things turn around next year, hopefully as Seibold’s coaching career will depend on it we can see something different. Not allowing myself to buy into the hope that Tommy turns us around this time
Agree with the bulk of your assessment. Parker and Croker gave their all like they always do.

Schuster is such an enigma - **** if I know what or where he goes in the future. Rocks and diamonds - a whole lot of rocks that would fill a quarry tonight though
But we have to carry him, for all of his failings he conjures up trys and try scoring plays.

Going in, I expected we would lose that game. But jeez, we were never really in it. That final score flattered us. I thought at several moments we really seemed to lack basic skills and game awareness, that was disappointing. Finals most def gone but I hope we win a couple of games more as the year winds down.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8