1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roosters player charged with reckless wounding

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    THE Roosters' season has gone from bad to worse with prop Stanley Waqa today charged by police for allegedly lashing out at his girlfriend with a knife.
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/police-charge-sydney-roosters-star-stanley-waqa/story-e6frexni-1225783946651

Waqa was charged by Maroubra Police at lunch with reckless wounding after officers were called to a Randwick residence shortly after 11am.
    It is believed his 20-year-old girlfriend was taken to Prince Of Wales Hospital where she was treated for a cut to her finger.
    The 21-year-old Waqa was granted bail and will appear at Waverley Local Court today.
    He has been stood down by the Roosters, who said tonight they would take "swift and decisive action when the full facts of the case are known."
    Waqa's brush with the law continues what has been one of the worst years in the Roosters' club history.
    Not only did the Bondi club finish with the wooden spoon, Nate Myles was banned for defecating in a hotel corridor, Myles and Willie Mason were dumped to reserve grade for breaching the club's alcohol policy and Jake Friend and Sandor Earl are defending assault charges. Setaimata Sa was also charged with assaulting a female police officer at the Coogee Bay Hotel last month.

Waqa played nine games, including the final eight matches of the season.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They can only get better under Brian Smith.  But he won't win them a premiership. 

3. OneEyedEagle

OneEyedEagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    I heard that Mason won't be at the rorters for next year.

4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,093 / 286
    Apparently on the radio today Gibbsy said Pearce is really looking for a release at Roosters, and would like to play with Foran...hence no announcement on the Orford case yet.

Maybe an Orford for Pearce swap?

5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,093 / 286
    01. Brett Stewart
    02. Michael Robertson
    03. Steve Matai
    04. Jamie Lyon
    05. David Williams
    06. Keiran Foran
    07. Mitchell Pearce

I'd be happy with that.

08. Jason King
    09. Matt Ballin
    10. Josh Perry
    11. Anthony Watmough
    12. Shane Rodney
    13. Glenn Stewart

I'd be happy with that too. Then check out the bench depth:-

14. Ben Farrar --------- 14. Chris Bailey
    15. Brent Kite ---------- 15. Matt Cross
    16. George Rose ------- 16. Tony Williams
    17. Joe Gulovou -------- 17. Darcy Lussick

Then throw in:-

18. Shane Neumann
    19. William Hopoate
    20. Andrew Suniula
    21. Trent Hodgkinson
    22. Jamie Buhrer
    23. Lama Tasi
    24. Michael Tiopira
    25. Dean Whare
    26. Vic Mauro
    27. Phil Moorwood
    28. Dennis Sandow

who could all possibly play 1st grade at a stretch, and we look pretty good.

6. Corso_Pete

Corso_Pete Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Lussick will be the find of 2010

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Apparantly Cherry-Evans and Hodkinson have requested releases from their contracts.  Cherry-Evans to go to the tiggers while Hodkinson wants to go back to Paramatta.

Not much chance of the roosters letting pearce go after he just signed a new 3 year deal.

8. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Pearce would be worse than Orford (did I just say that?).  Sign Hodkinson now.  Don't let these guys go.  That's happened in the past and we suffered for it, having to pay overs for overpaid duds. 

9. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Have Ryans YARTS now hit the official "off season scale"  :eek:  ?

"I'd be happy with that"
    "Then check out the bench depth"
    "Then throw in"

Ryans Epic Yarts.  :p

10. Crusher_Cleal

Crusher_Cleal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +555 / 17
    Ryan, did you really say Neumann could play 1st Grade at a stretch??

11. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What's the source ? tookey

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [/quote]

MWSE has a couple of current posts suggesting this.  Cherry-Evans is news to me but apparantly it was stated in RLW this week that he has been released.  Rumoured to be going to either tigers or the dogs.

Hodkinson I have heard from an insider that he wants to go back to Parra.  
    Apparantly if we resign orford for another two or three years he sees a better chance at FG at parra.  

13. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [/quote]

MWSE has a couple of current posts suggesting this.  Cherry-Evans is news to me but Hodkinson I have heard from an insider that he wants to go back to Parra.  Apparantly if we resign orford for another two or three years he sees a better chance at FG at parra. 
    [/quote]

I hope it's not true about Cherry-Evans & Hodkinson. Robson & Kris Keating will be in front of Hodkinson if he is wanting to return to the slimes ? and their Cap is almost at it's limit now.

14. DSM5

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Orford again!  Just please go so dominoes can fall or we'll be left with him demanding the world.

15. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,093 / 286
    I personally believe a smart move would have been a player swap with say Orford and Kite for Burgess (less of a cap hit), and Hodgkinson comes up with Foran being re-signed.

Win for the UK club. Win for Manly.

Ox will do a good job though.

16. DSM5

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Burgesss has gone Ryan.  My view is just let Orford go and use the off-season to get the combos working.  It can't be that complicated.   

17. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,093 / 286
    Yeah, I know mate - it's why I used past tense. But I also think I agree with you...as much as it kills me to say anything negative towards our capitarno. He would do wonderfully in the UK earning top dollar, we could re-build in the 1/2's.

18. Cletus

Cletus Active Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Pearce would be good. Not a brilliant player but won't want a massive contract either. The Roosters have got Carney, so they might do it.
    I'd still rather Hodkinson or Cerry Evans take over. Much cheaper and i really don't care if we go like busteds this year. We could do with a bit of a rebuilding year and bring some young guys up.

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Maybe the roosters might do a swap with orford for Pearce?  Ox might get his 3 year contract from the roosters?

20. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Great idea, he could be the new Fatty Vautin.