1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roosters next week!

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by niccipops, Sep 8, 2013.

1. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    Well we know our opposition. We've played them twice this year and lost both times.
    Competitive at Brookie but quite outgunned at Allianz.
    I for one am pretty much over the SBW, Pearce, Maloney love fest and would love to see Manly put a big score on them but I know this game wont be easy.
    I doubt JWH will be suspended.
    Suggestions on how we pluck these chooks?

2. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    One feather at a time will do it.

3. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,800 / 58
    I reckon choke (the chicken...lol) pearce and manlonely and the cards will crumble.

But erm, that may be a bit obv.

Those 2 seem to get a bit flustered when their hair gets all mussed up.

4. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,605 / 46
    Cut off their heads then pluck handfuls of feathers at a time. Stick a forked stick up their dates and twist the stick in a clockwise direction four or five turns then slowly pull the stick out. This will remove their guts completely in one smooth motion. Roast on an outdoor open flame. This works great with ducks when you're out hunting for a few days. It's worth a go on the chooks.

5. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Stewart
    Wolf
    Lyon
    Matai
    Taufua
    Foran
    DCE
    Lawrence
    Ballin
    Kite
    Choc
    Horo
    Stewart

Symonds
    Fa’aoso
    Hasson
    Buhrer/Rose

• Like Like x 2
  6. niccipops

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    I knew I should have been more sensible with my wording but some great cooking tips going on here so thanks.
    Another idea could be that the whole Manly team makes individual SBW TV style youtube tributes.
    This might over-excite his ego and get him in trouble with refs as he tries to remove heads with his elbows or shoulders.
    I also think during a tackle someone should whisper, 'Oh no Sonny, I see a bald spot.'
    Or, mirrors at the match so he can look at himself when he does those serious side glances.

7. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,800 / 58
    Mine was a serious response :(

#</3

8. 1969

1969 Well-Known Member

Burleigh Heads
    Ratings:
    +396 / 48
    I'm with mozgrame, except rather than roasting, I prefer to burn the sucker until it's charred and throw the carcass to the dogs..........

PS: I'm so serious it is not funny, ready to smoke these guys....

9. Daddycool

Daddycool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +283 / 2
    After today's loss, I get the feeling Big George has played his last game for us. Looking at that side from Berks makes me realise what a strong team we'll have next week.

10. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    Pull Maloney's boot off and hide it somewhere.

11. niccipops

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    Despite my last post I did intend for this thread to be serious. The roosters have been a tough team all year and I'm wondering what sort of strategies Manly needs to use to beat them.
    How do we shut down the Oh-Hyphened-One? He made huge metres against the bunnies and they have much bigger forwards than Manly.

12. mozgrame

Ratings:
    +4,605 / 46
    Pressure their halves. Attack their edges, SKD will gift us a few errors. Forget the forwards battle and play smarter. Quick scoots out of dummy half and a 40/20 or two from Ballin would be great too. Plenty of decoys and support players inside their 20m and kick for our wingers. Get plenty of ball to Lyon and Williams.
    [hr]
    Wait until the heads are really tacky, then remove from plant and......
    This works great when you're out hunting for a few days. It's worth a go. :p

13. niccipops

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    Up Sonny Bill?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Good one but a better idea SeaEagleRock, that is stick super glue on our boys boots and stuff Maloney right up. That might catch him out if The Video Ref doesn't turn a blind eye to it.
    Hope we pluck em good - its our turn coz they're 2 up on us.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SeaEagleRock8

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122

Yeah, right. ;)

16. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    whats the other game in the double header ????

17. mozgrame

Ratings:
    +4,605 / 46
    Whenever there are 2 or more in the tackle, leap as high as possible and nose dive into the turf. Attack the legs of players that are already held. Lay on the ground until the video ref has reviewed all tackles. Bite their penises.

• Like Like x 1
  18. IQofalimabean

IQofalimabean Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 11
    Improve set completion rate.

19. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Sharks v Knights or Cowboys

20. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,437 / 12
    Mark and pressure Jake Friend as carefully as we watched Cameron Smith last week, match their aggression (but don't overdo it), hold onto the ball and don't give away silly penalties. If we do that we'll do okay.
    At it's best, rugby league is a very simple game (played by relatively simple men). All we need to do is score more points than they do, but we'll need to be at our best to do it.
    With any luck JWH will be out for them (although I don't think he deserves to be, I can't see them letting him off) as well.

• Like Like x 1