Roosters claim refs pick on them....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
In this weeks episode of "no matter how biased the game is towards you, keep crying foul" - brought to you alternatively by the storm and the roosters...

Sydney Roosters are the most penalised NRL team under coach Trent Robinson’s tenure

Trent Robinson has turned the Roosters into a perennial force, but statistics reveal they have become a prime target for referees and one of the club’s legends has had enough.

These are the statistics that reveal a startling refereeing penalty imbalance against the Sydney Roosters since Trent Robinson started as head coach in 2013.

An analysis of penalty counts over the last eight seasons shows the Roosters have consistently been by far the most heavily punished team by referees, despite winning three titles.

In 227 games under Robinson, the Roosters have won the penalty count in only 29 per cent of those matches and they have a penalty count differential of -243 since Robinson started, which is more than double the next worst team, the Wests Tigers (-105).

St George Illawarra (152), South Sydney (150) and North Queensland (120) have all enjoyed a massive advantage in their penalty count differential over the same period.

The Sydney Roosters’ 300-game legend Luke Ricketson has slammed the treatment of his former club, suggesting there is a “subconscious bias” against his old team.

(finals must be approaching)

“I’ll just say this,” Politis said. “We’re not a dirty team and we don’t go out to cheat or break the rules. We play tough but we play with integrity and don’t lie down to get penalties.” :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

In this weeks episode of "no matter how biased the game is towards you, keep crying foul" - brought to you alternatively by the storm and the roosters...

Sydney Roosters are the most penalised NRL team under coach Trent Robinson’s tenure

Trent Robinson has turned the Roosters into a perennial force, but statistics reveal they have become a prime target for referees and one of the club’s legends has had enough.

These are the statistics that reveal a startling refereeing penalty imbalance against the Sydney Roosters since Trent Robinson started as head coach in 2013.

An analysis of penalty counts over the last eight seasons shows the Roosters have consistently been by far the most heavily punished team by referees, despite winning three titles.

In 227 games under Robinson, the Roosters have won the penalty count in only 29 per cent of those matches and they have a penalty count differential of -243 since Robinson started, which is more than double the next worst team, the Wests Tigers (-105).

St George Illawarra (152), South Sydney (150) and North Queensland (120) have all enjoyed a massive advantage in their penalty count differential over the same period.

The Sydney Roosters’ 300-game legend Luke Ricketson has slammed the treatment of his former club, suggesting there is a “subconscious bias” against his old team.

(finals must be approaching)

“I’ll just say this,” Politis said. “We’re not a dirty team and we don’t go out to cheat or break the rules. We play tough but we play with integrity and don’t lie down to get penalties.” :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
ROFLMAO

images (27).jpeg

Rosacea McPruneface was on the news whinging about Crichton copping 3 games for his crusher tackle, saying he didn't want to risk fighting it as the judiciary's a lottery of inconsistency.

No worries Trent, I'm sure there's a few All Blacks who are keen to join Easts for the last 4 games of the season to help you make the grand final.

If you concede the most penalties for 7+ years it's definitely because of the refs and not because you push the limits more than anyone else.🙄🙄

The clubs that push the limits are by far the most successful clubs for the last decade, to me this highlights the ineptitude of the NRL. So much for 'the spirit of the game'.

It's time someone stood up for the Roosrers. I remember sitting through the 2013 grand final and thinking to myself " when will the ref's give these guys a break".
Me too. But apparently it’s frowned upon for the refs to break bones of the players. Between that and the paper bag Uncle Nick must’ve left for Shayne Payne we had no chance.

Saw this on Facebook so pinched it to post on here , interesting statistics ( especially those that are favoured ).

Roosters the worse off but we aren’t far away.

Attachments

• B853C160-A566-4E8D-B313-92568075F2C6.jpeg
    B853C160-A566-4E8D-B313-92568075F2C6.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 41
Roosters deserve it - self proclaimed as the slow down kings in the ruck...not a particularly dirty team, but were smart enough to catch on to how important it is to slow the ruck down along with another team from Victoria, who use "different" tactics to do so....

Roosters deserve it - self proclaimed as the slow down kings in the ruck...not a particularly dirty team, but were smart enough to catch on to how important it is to slow the ruck down along with another team from Victoria, who use "different" tactics to do so....
Note where the Drizzle are positioned , they get more than they give away , work that one out if you will !!

G'day all,Anyone else remember a game a few years ago between Sharks and Storm,I'm pretty sure it was Ceccin the ref and he started penalising,sent Scam to the bin and generally cracked down on all the malarkey.Net result howls of outrage,Ceccin sent to Siberia and Storm continued on with all their tricks.
Obviously no ref wants to be the next Ceccin,but why they haven't been penalised out of existence is a disgrace.As for the Chooks woes,you're just in the wrong city boys.
cheers mike

I'd like to know what the penalty counts were in the Manly v Roosters and Raiders v Roosters grandfinals! (two grandfinals that were handed to the roosters)
2013 Roosters 5-2
2019 Raiders 7-5

But raw numbers don't tell us everything, like if they were justified, what tackle, the ones you don't get etc.
It's like looking at the missed tackle count, some missed tackles lead directly to tries, some don't.

Look at the other night v The Storm:
The obstruction penalty on DCE/Guac - we had the ball in their 20m
The crowding penalty on Sipley - the ref initially ruled Storm Knock on ( video ref )
The tackle without the ball on Tapau - Storm last tackle ( video ref) - they end up kicking a goal.

They got three penalties when we either had the ball or were getting it from a turnover and two of them were from the bunker.
Three big moments in the game that went the way of the Storm.

Storm conceded two set restarts and two penalties in the LAST minute....

They won the penalty count 7-4 yet the two in the last minute were inconsequential in the context of the game whereas the three of ours I highlighted above were massive in the context of the game.
That's not taking into account the one we didn't get - JAC strip off Turbo which goes as error to us on the first tackle instead of a penalty to get us out of our end.

With the discussion on the Roosters being the most penalised, Ricketson overlooks the fact of how many did they mean to giveaway. Robbo wasn't blowing up about it, he just said we need to get better - probably meaning better at not getting caught.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8