Ron Casey RIP

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
AUSTRALIAN journalist Ron Casey has died at 89.

The former broadcaster and talkback radio presenter passed away at Sydney’s Royal North Shore Hospital.

Casey was well-known for his work with the Wide World of Sportsprogram along with his co-presenter Frank Hyde.

He also hosted talkback programs on radio stations 2GB, 2SM and 2KY.

In 1988, Casey was awarded the Order of Australia Medal for his services to Australian television and sport.

His career spanned 70 years.

Casey once famously had a on-air punch up with Normie Rowe on daytime television.

One of those academics was Barry Jones, the former Hawke Govt minister IIRC. I mainly remember Ron Casey as giving match reports from the day and bemoaning the fact that the camera in the back of the grandstand missed a try because "Boofhead" stood up and blocked the view. He would say, "that only proves my point that Boofhead is a Balmain supporter." Or a rabbitoh supporter. I do miss him and Rex. They were so much larger than life.

One of my many incarnations was Film Reviewer. At one point I'd do a spot with Casey on radio. Every week the producer and I would agree on which three films we'd talk about. And most weeks, Casey would throw in ... have you seen (insert film name)? Mostly I hadn't but got away with bull****ting every time. I think!
RIP.

R.I.P Ron.@:(
Spoke his mind. Cost him a few jobs.
Paraphrasing one of his quotes...."but I've always found whenever I've worked at various radio stations before getting the sack, that if you are nice to ugly girls, it sort of helps them—it boosts their day—it makes them feel good. And I've always made a practice wherever I work, of selecting the ugliest girls and as they walk by, give them a backhand pelvic flick." lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8