1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rodney & Robertson

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by pfoti, Nov 21, 2011.

1. pfoti

pfoti Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Just read the daily telegraph online and the first day of training pic is showing Rodney and Robertson in the group photo along with Farrar and Co. I thought Roboo and Rodney left to go to the UK. They must be trainig with the boys until they leave???

2. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Yep it seems that way, love it if they changed their minds though

3. lloydy

lloydy Active Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    Surely Dean ritchie can turn this into a negative.

4. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    I was just thinking that same thing! Either that or its a stock photo?

• Like Like x 1
  5. rmd

rmd Active Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 8
    Yes, I saw the same thing and that's what they must be doing, just training with the team until they leave. It's definitely not a stock photo and you'll note that these two are not in the 'official' uniform. No doubt they'll both be at the GF showing at the Mall as well.

6. Ceagle

Ceagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 3
    "Manly desperately try to hang on to players over expected mass player exodus"

7. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    a few tweets from Ritchie this arvo

Bewildered Manly stars return to training today after a tumultuous off-season...

@BulldogRitchie mate your obsession with @manlyseaeagles is getting so sad! #gomanly #back2back

@annelise_08 I think they have been somewhat bewildered at what has transpired since the GF....

they looked happy #back2back RT @BulldogRitchie: Bewildered Manly stars return to training today after a tumultuous off-season...

And the article he wrote

Manly Sea Eagles stars were back at the club's Narrabeen headquarters, some having a light run on the training field, others working in the gym, having a swim and being tested by Manly medical staff.

Among the players there under new coach Geoff Toovey were Jamie Lyon, Brent Kite, Jamie Buhrer, Joe Galuvao, Steve Matai, Shane Rodney and Darcy Lussick. Other players return tomorrow.

Gallery: Toovey's first day

They must have wondered how the club collapsed so drastically since winning the grand final last month, with the downward spiral capped off by the loss of coach Des Hasler to the Bulldogs.

Galuvao Twittered: "Drove into Narrabeen, sweaty palms, sickly stomach, rattled brain."

Aware of the punishing training schedule ahead of him, Lussick also used social media to say: "I hate you pre-season. So much."

8. Ceagle

Ceagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 3
    Is this serious? holy farkin christ.

9. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,525 / 32
    Negative is a perfect description of Ritchie's personality, a colourless, drab, uninteresting, unimaginative shadow of a person. Lot like his writing, really. I'm not fussed what this oxygen thief has to say.

10. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    Sort of the journalistic equivalent of Anthony Albanese. Without the whiny voice....

11. arty

arty Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    I prefer Anthony Albanese anytime. At least he speaks the truth.And is more entertaining in doing so even if he invokes the ire of those who are anti progressive in the community.

12. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    someone should asked the bulldog what des taste like.

chicken or fish.

They are great mates

13. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Waiting for their visas to go through I would imagine and just training to keep fit

14. Phantar

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    Thanks Carmel.

15. arty

arty Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    no, Arty,...a.lifelong fan of anti reactionary attitudes and critic of News Limited. For whiny voices consider Christopher Pyne [in the arts]..

16. mickyj

mickyj Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    Maybe now Des is not our coach they wish to stay? ;)

17. Hamster Huey

Hamster Huey Space Invader Premium Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 7
    Faced with either listening to 1 minute of Albanese's latest hypocritical rant in that smug, childish tone or a full day of Justin Bieber's greatest hits on high rotation, it's a no-brainer. I'll take the Bieber Fever!!!!

Albanese has made it clear that Brookvale gets nothing from the Federal Govt, in his role as Infrastructure Minister.

18. arty

arty Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    Stick to Bleber and childish News Limited political views.

19. Eaglette Fan

Eaglette Fan Active Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 1
    I recall Matty Orford training with Manly up until his ill-fated departure to Bradford.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Phantar

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    There is an old expression arty - 'Never assume, because it will make an ass of you and me.'

From your reaction to comments above, I'm not sure how you deduce that HH is a fan of News Ltd or that someone (i.e. me) is 'anti-progressive' because they don't like your dad Anthony. Or would I be assuming?

Lighten up and get back to the football.