Rise or Slide

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Here's a thought, there are some spooky similarities between now and 1999 - 2001

Back then we had just watched most of our golden year 1993-1998 squad fade away through retirement or sign for new clubs. We got a rookie coach in Peter Sharp (although he was well credentialed as an assistant) and things looked rosy for a rebuild...hell, Manly were always pretty good at fighting it's way back pretty quick from a bad season or two.
But we fell into a deep, dark chasm...a decline into the Northern Eagles that promised so much and delivered an axe through every Manly supporters heart.
2017 is the year we stradle the precipice, teetering back and forth...with a rookie coach and a vastly inexperienced squad.
Will we rise from this point or slide?

The Manly in me (back to the HOOPS at last) says we shall wind our way slowly back to recognition. But I am sceptical, very, very sceptical.

All the power and support to the Manly boys, I will be there through thick and thin, but you boys on the field are the ones who will write the next chapter...no pressure!

Last edited:
Here's a thought, there are some spooky similarities between now and 1999 - 2001

Back then we had just watched most of our golden year 1993-1998 squad fade away through retirement or sign for new clubs. We got a rookie coach in Peter Sharp (although he was well credentialed as an assistant) and things looked rosy for a rebuild...hell, Manly were always pretty good at fighting it's way back pretty quick from a bad season or two.
But we fell into a deep, dark chasm...a decline into the Northern Eagles that promised so much and delivered an axe through every Manly supporters heart.
2017 is the year we stradle the precipice, teetering back and forth...with a rookie coach and a vastly inexperienced squad.
Will we rise from this point or slide?

The Manly in me (back to the HOOPS at last) says we shall wind our way slowly back to recognition. But I am sceptical, very, very sceptical.

All the power and support to the Manly boys, I will be there through thick and thin, but you boys on the field are the ones who will write the next chapter...no pressure!
Thank you for destroying my Friday night.

The hoops complete the circle of Manly excellence

MANLY-SEA-EAGLES-Premierships-Limited-Edition-FRAMED-PRINT.jpg

Manly is Back!

I should add flat-lining, but with an upside. I think we can make the 8 at best with a good injury free run, but the foundation and quality is there to make this a pre-cursor to a 2018 onslaught, if 3 or 4 of the newcomers can step up, and I think we have some decent talent coming through the lower grades.

I see no reason to slide, got a real 5/8, a side that's been together longer, a side with some depth/little injuries at this point in the season so far. Aaaand a side that has some quality recruits with potential that as we all know may or may not be reached.

Some will say that losing snake and Skivy is what will cause us to slide. Only problem is that this already occurred last season! The pair, of legends may I add, were almost nowhere to be seen as injuries made their last year a year to forget.

Hopefully we'll see a fit and firing manly side raring to go come rd 1 at brookie

Realistically we couldn't be considered a premiership threat. If we could sneak into the eight I'd consider it a successful season. It's going to be a while before we can reach that level again. I think we'll have to be content with small steps and little victories for now.

Whilst in decades past we could rise and fall and rise again under a sport that was unfettered by corporate puppet strings there is no way that this club will be allowed to reach those heights again. We are unpopular with the media controlled masses therefore Greenturd will always bend over and take it from his corporate whores to stop us from any success.

Whilst in decades past we could rise and fall and rise again under a sport that was unfettered by corporate puppet strings there is no way that this club will be allowed to reach those heights again. We are unpopular with the media controlled masses therefore Greenturd will always bend over and take it from his corporate whores to stop us from any success.

It has ever been thus ...

@Wombat Legacy the one factor that has me on the rise side of the argument is I feel a good vibe starting to come from this team. I detect (hopefully true) a more positive attitude than last year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8