Rickys presser

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Todd knows who's to blame, anybody but him....

The besieged NRL boss says he shares the disappointment of disgruntled rugby league supporters after the latest officiating debacle in Friday’s Cronulla-Canberra clash led to widespread calls for his own resignation.
Responding to the latest furor caused by his sputtering referees department, Greenberg left the door open to an off-season shake-up but says his focus is eliminating the ‘big errors’ ahead of the NRL finals.
“The real focus today has to be improving the performance of the people there,” Greenberg told The Sunday Telegraph.
“… What we are seeing is human error. That happens in every job. But we have to do better.’’
“… So I expect a lot better than what was served up in that game.”

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-...ated-differently-by-nrl-ricky-stuart/10021090

But fewer than 24 hours later the former Roosters, Eels, Sharks, Blues and Kangaroos coach revealed his theory that the Raiders were not treated the same as other teams across the NRL.

"I've been at a number of other clubs [and] this club gets treated differently to other clubs I've been involved in," he told ABC Grandstand.

"I know other clubs who have got a higher profile and who they need in their competition … I believe we get treated differently at times."

Stuart revealed on ABC Grandstand that referees' boss Bernard Sutton tried to speak to him before he addressed the media, but did not try again afterwards.

The NRL has already said the touch judge should not have raised his flag and announced a review into the bunker's decision, but Stuart wants more of an explanation.

"Can the NRL explain to me why it has happened?" he said.

So.... I wonder what happens now?

Haha, yes, Ricky actually came out and said that some teams are officiated differently to others. This is a huge statement. They are going to struggle to put the genie back into the bottle now! Unless they are relying upon the majority of fans five minute attention spans...

That was awesome. Very imaginative. I suggest to never go near that girl if she's angry and holding a pineapple.
A good rant though. Passionate fans don't deserve what we're being dished up.
I've got it to repost if we cop the same treatment this arvo.
You know the referring is really bad, when I start defending and talking up Chechin.:eek:

So Sutton is so blinded by Todd's shiny skull that he can't see that as soon as the flag went up the play should've stopped and a scrum put down. It doesnt matter if the touchie fuked up or not. As soon as a flag is raised play is stopped. Unfathomable incompetence from all official's involved.

Listening to that Sutton interview it may as well have been Greenberg, they must have the same scriptwriters.
Mumbo jumbo that went round in circles with no real accountability - we’ll do a review of our processes to see where we can improve blah, blah,blah.
If I heard correctly he even said that the video refs in the bunker didn’t see the touchie put up his flag, WTF?
I saw it, I assume everyone saw it in the live feed, I’m pretty sure I even heard the call of knock on through the TV.
The ref put his whistle in his mouth yet he didn’t mention that either.

He said that NRL is the only game where the refs control the speed of play and the distance between teams but stopped short of saying that can then influence results - but by that initial comment he may as well have said it, we all know it they just can’t acknowledge it!

They’ll come out tomorrow and we’ll hear the same tripe again.

Don’t often agree with Rothfield but the whole structure needs a bomb under it and start again.

Question to the NRL ?
What has Greenberg done that has improved any areas of our game ?
What has Greenberg done to justify the position that he holds ?

Sticky made one telling point: The incorrect decisions seem to go against the more insignificant clubs, of which we are now a member, sadly.
I can't remember a howler going against Brisbane or Melbourne. Can anyone here remind me if my memory has failed me?

Sticky made one telling point: The incorrect decisions seem to go against the more insignificant clubs, of which we are now a member, sadly.
I can't remember a howler going against Brisbane or Melbourne. Can anyone here remind me if my memory has failed me?
You speak the truth my friend.

Haha, yes, Ricky actually came out and said that some teams are officiated differently to others. This is a huge statement. They are going to struggle to put the genie back into the bottle now! Unless they are relying upon the majority of fans five minute attention spans...
We've know it for years now. Manly are rarely ever on the credit side of the penalty count and very few close decisions go our way e.g. last year's semi v Penrith or last week v Storm or home game against Newcastle etc. Canberra have been similarly bashed by referees for at least a couple of seasons now. The chosen favourites week after week include Roosters, Melbourne, Storm, Parramatta, Broncos, Bulldogs and North Qld.

We've know it for years now. Manly are rarely ever on the credit side of the penalty count and very few close decisions go our way e.g. last year's semi v Penrith or last week v Storm or home game against Newcastle etc. Canberra have been similarly bashed by referees for at least a couple of seasons now. The chosen favourites week after week include Roosters, Melbourne, Parramatta, Broncos, Bulldogs and North Qld.

Eating a sausage roll says it all really...
Not one of my favourite’s... but each to their own. Just trying to point out a ridiculous generalisation regarding the everyday people who follow the game... right up there with suggesting fans are only noticing blatant refereeing errors because of the excessive replays... or that it requires a heightened intellect to be able to understand a fairly basic sport.

Last edited:
Not one of my favourite’s... but each to their own. Just trying to point our a ridiculous generalisation regarding the everyday people who follow the game... right up there with suggesting fans are only noticing blatant refereeing errors because of the excessive replays... or that it requires a heightened intellect to be able to understand a fairly basic sport.
That wasn't the point i was trying to make----more a case of being bombarded with so much info gives you 1000 excuses to vent about. But yeah the average fan really has no idea.

That wasn't the point i was trying to make----more a case of being bombarded with so much info gives you 1000 excuses to vent about. But yeah the average fan really has no idea.
I guess, if you don’t have some pop-art, pseudo coaching identity to fall back on. Us run of the mill fans, don’t stand a chance.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8