1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revenue up as fans stay loyal

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by swoop, Mar 26, 2009.

1. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,203 / 16
    news Local News 25 Mar 09 @ 03:15pm by JASON AVEDISSIAN

Fans have not abandoned the Sea Eagles.
    LOYAL rugby league fans have not abandoned the Sea Eagles, with the club revealing a healthy surge in membership numbers despite the team’s slow start to its premiership defence. The 2008 National Rugby League champions have 4100 “Screaming Eagles Members”, up 17 per cent from last year’s 3400. But significantly for the club’s coin collectors, members are electing to pursue premium packages, resulting in a 44 per cent increase in revenue.

Membership ranges from full season ticket-holders to one-match packages, down to children’s membership.

The rise in numbers comes despite Manly losing their first two matches and the doomed season launch earlier this month which has attracted negative publicity.

Sea Eagles membership and website manager Aaron Markie is confident the numbers will continue to grow. “We have been working hard on our membership program since September 2008,” he said. “The Grand Final and World Club Challenge victories have undoubtedly helped boost our membership to a record high.”

Fans can become members online at: http://www.mwse.com.au/membership

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/news/story/revenue-up-as-fans-stay-loyal/

Good news for the club

2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,119 / 287
    Awesome - I hope everyone who posts on this website who is able to afford it, is a member.

3. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    Thats good news.

I have my membership

4. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    Excellent news for the club, if you are reading this and think you are a true blue Sea Eagle fan and you are no a Screaming Eagle member please consider joining up, as the club needs you!!!

5. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    T minus 1 month til I join up.

6. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,465 / 74
    I must not be a true supporter

Hows this, they pay one tank of petrol in Speed Racer (my bomb town car) and I will join the membership

7. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 1
    If we have an end of season piss up, and the entire cheer squad attend naked, I'll consider joining next year.

8. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    I picked mine up on Sunday

9. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    And Clontago, you've got the hide to call me old and crabby.  At least I'm not tight and desperate.  It actually cost me more to buy a package and membership of the club than attend all home games with my, ahem... 'elder person's' discount. 

10. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 1
    Very well put mate!!