Render unto Sezer?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Smokin Joe

Bencher
No info on it,but wonder if he is on Des' radar this year?George Williams is supposedly a lock to partner Wighton next year and with Williams(Sam) the preferred 7 for this year,Sezer is playing reggies. Not everyones cup of tea,but might be a good fit,doesn't run a lot which is a strike against,but is a good defender,an outstanding general play kicker of all types as well as goalkicker and a good onfield general,plays both sides and would probably be a good foil for DCE.Thoughts......? Another guy that might be a target is also a Raider,Luke Bateman is out of favour and been playing reggies.Might be a target for next year if we can't keep Thompson,Waddell would probably move into the second row and whilst Bateman is more purely a middle man with not a lot of extra skills,he would be a mobile,high workrate guy who could fill the role that Des is using Waddell for this year.If we could somehow magically offload Perrett this year would be a good get.Thoughts...?
There are so many guys who could be targets for this year as so many out of favour...Maloney,DWZ,Whare,Burgess,Pearson,Roberts etc...these two are just guys who seem to be more like the guys who we might want/need.

I get the reasons mentioned on Sezer, with his kicking game the only real upgrade imo...personally don't think he offers more than Croker or Elgey all round....Maloney would be an upgrade, but too expensive and a debatable if is on last legs going off his 2019 form.....

I get the reasons mentioned on Sezer, with his kicking game the only real upgrade imo...personally don't think he offers more than Croker or Elgey all round....Maloney would be an upgrade, but too expensive and a debatable if is on last legs going off his 2019 form.....
Yeah,I like Croker,but has a big history with injuries,would love him off the bench if we move Api on.Sezer is like Blake Green,dependable and good with injury issues,many didn't rate Green but he did a job that we needed.Still like Elgey but just thinking what Des may be looking for...For me Maloney is on the way down,some ability but defensively poor.I would love to see Cust get a chance to play this year just to see if he can handle the step up....

Yeah,I like Croker,but has a big history with injuries,would love him off the bench if we move Api on.Sezer is like Blake Green,dependable and good with injury issues,many didn't rate Green but he did a job that we needed.Still like Elgey but just thinking what Des may be looking for...For me Maloney is on the way down,some ability but defensively poor.I would love to see Cust get a chance to play this year just to see if he can handle the step up....
Would not hurt to give Cust a go...in actual fact I reckon the bloke could surprise...has all the qualities of that organising half you are rightfully calling for, just gone a bit stale without quite getting his shot.
Croker is pretty solid defensively and his attack also far improved in 2018....hopefully these constant injuries can be tucked away for a while to allow some consistent footy....

He is highly regarded by raiders, probably their most consistent player this year
He’s talking about luke bateman, though john would be very handy. Luke is a workhorse type and i’d love for us to try sign him.

As for the halves I think stick with croker (he was looking really good), or sign Sam Williams to partner DCE. Williams is hugely underrated and although he isn’t a top half he has been playing like one to get the raiders going so far in 2019 (Wighton isn’t doing much genuine half work). Organises and has a sharp kicking game (just doesn’t take line on enough but that’s ok with a running half in dce). Would work really well with DCE imo. But definately a no from me on Sezer

Said this in another thread but Tyrone Roberts is the man. Can’t believe how underrated he is. One of the most skilful players in the game on no money. Has every skill. Would thrive outside DCE. He has everything our skipper needs from a partner and loves to call the play.When he plays the Titans compete with anyone ,without him hopeless.He is a better player than Taylor and proves it every week.Talk to anyone around the Titans camp and they will tell you who calls the shots and who they rate.Taylor touches it half as much.The Titans problems start and end with him.

Not anywhere near the class of Cliffy but he’s an old school scheming five eight in Cliffy mould.And not afraid to play off the cuff both sides of the field. Would love to see him finally in a decent side.

Last edited:
Watch the Titans play when he plays Robo. It’s actually not that funny lol What’s funny are the clowns who think Nathan Cleary and Ash Taylor are worth a million bucks.The Titans problems start and finish at a bloke getting paid a million bucks who is not fit and doesn’t want to be there.He is disgraceful.Yesterdsy was another example of his total disinterest after they led 16 nil.

In reality outside of DCE Munster Cronk Walker Keary and maybe Reynolds there is s massive dearth of quality halves. Outside of those Roberts is as skilful and valuable as many of the others in the second tier and on half the money.

Last edited:
No thanks to Sezer.
We have one of them already in Croker.

Edited to expand on this thought...

I think we have a damn great opportunity to strengthen an already good squad. I would like to see us save our $ for really astute buys, a'la Jamie Lyon, Ben Kennedy, etc.
I dont want us upgrading positions slightly with guys like Sezer to replace a similar Croker. The upswing is not enough imo to be worth the $ loss that we can use elsewhere.

Last edited:
I’d prefer to sign up the other grossly under rated Titans half.
Ryley Jacks filled the same role as Blake Green did for the storm and yet he’s also a much more dynamic runner of the football than Green ever was.
If he can’t get a start at the Titans I wonder if he’d be a cheap option.
It could be argued he’s not getting a start in a sh!t team and therefore can’t be that impressive. But we don’t know what kind of politics go down behind the scenes at clubs and it’s well known that Ash Taylor has always nominated his best mate Tyrone Roberts to be his preferred halves partner.

Most people are saying don’t spend $ on a half unless they’re elite, however since we can’t afford an elite playmaker I think Ryley Jacks has more upside than Tyrone Roberts.
In the current squad I prefer Croker over Elgey and keen to see Cust get a chance.
Jacks would be my nomination if Croker gets injured or stagnates down the line though.. :wrench:

honestly if i was dessie i'd just have a crack at sam williams, ryley jacks, mason lino or even bring back nicho hynes who seems to be killing it in qcup in the storm system. maybe look at tavita harris as well who is now in subs again for warriors? all cheap halves who would compete with croker and / or elgey... can let elgey go if one succeeds greatly and then buy a strike centre / wing / second rower depending on player movements

• 👍
Reactions: R3
honestly if i was dessie i'd just have a crack at sam williams, ryley jacks, mason lino or even bring back nicho hynes who seems to be killing it in qcup in the storm system. maybe look at tavita harris as well who is now in subs again for warriors? all cheap halves who would compete with croker and / or elgey... can let elgey go if one succeeds greatly and then buy a strike centre / wing / second rower depending on player movements
Yup if Kane in particular doesn't get his s*it together quick I'd be happy for him to go to ESL next year if we find a better option. Hopefully Croker comes good injury free to partner DCE. If not I'd rather him than Kane as plan B

No thanks to Sezer.
We have one of them already in Croker.

Edited to expand on this thought...

I think we have a damn great opportunity to strengthen an already good squad. I would like to see us save our $ for really astute buys, a'la Jamie Lyon, Ben Kennedy, etc.
I dont want us upgrading positions slightly with guys like Sezer to replace a similar Croker. The upswing is not enough imo to be worth the $ loss that we can use elsewhere.
Very, very good point.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10