relocation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Firstly let me say that i personally dont want or think that this will/could happen. However after the sacking of a legend as coach, the releasing of numerous players whilst still under contract, and then the buying of a not proven coach and the buying of second rate players. The persons running the club appear to be hell bent on driving members away from the club. The only reason that i can see that the owners of the club have been made an offer to that will be benifical to them, and that with numbers of members reducing they will be able to move the team to an area that the NRL wants to develop. Personally i hope this will not happen ..however The Northern Eagles is still fresh in the mind. The area could well be in the west ....Perth..This would assist the NRL to develop a hold in the west and not have to increase the number of NRL teams.
Again i wish to state this is a very far fetched theory.

If we had to move I vote for being the second Brisbane team and taking half the Broncos TPA availability!
Plus, easier to fly to
Plus, many Manly supporters live in QLD.
But moving would be unimaginable and take my other foot out the door.

sorry a massive NO!

it only matters what the NRL and Manly's CUSTOMER base want and that's Brooky.

When will they learn.

Lol won't happen. Why do you think this? Because we sacked Tooves? Or we got rid of old players who were past their use by date? Manly is not trying to drive away members, we are rebuilding its what happens after a decade of success.

Interesting theory, and I have thought it myself, but my view is that the club is simply run by a bunch of self interested idiots who let their personal agendas get in the way of what's best for the club. That's why we lost Tooves, and that's where the rot started.

It is on the cards

Penns have received $25m to renovate brookie and now they are saying that they now want $70m

Whatever they receive will never be enough and they will force us to relocate eventually

2 years of rebuilding, we'll be back next year, no one will or ever should worry for this again... I mean we look nothing like Newcastle do we, no, no and no

The club can't win with the fans.

Make changes to get results and get accused of trying to alienate the supporters.

Make no changes and get attacked for not making changes to a losing team.

We'll be back in the finals in 2017 and all this will blow over.
No the club can't win because the people running it are dick heads. They have employed a moron as our coach and we have gone so far backwards from where we were. We're closer to being the knights than we are the storm.
They did alienate the fans by sacking a beloved club legend. They alienated us by releasing good promising juniors and signing **** like Jono Wright and Lewis Brown.
I'd love to be in the finals in 2017 but there are more than 8 teams better than ours and with the rubbish we have leading our club we'll be lucky to leave the bottom 4.

The reno of Brookie is being held up because they want to transfer ownership of the ground from the council to state government as the funding burden is apparently too much for the council. If that happens, the ground goes into the pool where the rest of the state owned grounds sit and a lot more funds are available for it.

Or just rehash Major League for the 50th time. Whatever...

Terry, the League would have to be insane to consider relocating the Sea Eagles, not that such a thought is beyond probabilities with the present administration and their short term and biased thinking.

But to move the Sea Eagles virtually would make from the Bridge to the outskirts of Newcastle, a Rugby League wasteland.

It is obvious that they are not, at least in the short term, in the least bit interested in a NSW Central Coast team, so it appears they have given up on the loss to Union and soccer of the northern suburbs and central coast. Surely they wouldnt be that masochistic to also lose the northern beaches.

If a reduction of Sydney based teams is required, logic would suggest an amalgamation of Sydney City and Souths for example. It astonishes me that Manly by now has not assumed control of everything north of the Bridge, but that's as much the fault of the club as the League

Relocations rarely work because the new area wants complete autonomy. South Melbourne virtually became just a token name for the Sydney Swans switch and no longer has any identity with the side.

Move the Sea Eagles away from the north and say goodbye to much league interest in the north, just as League interest diminished significantly on the North Shore after Norths died.

Logic suggests, other than an amalgamation with Central Coast, that the Sea Eagles will stay. But logic seems in short supply in the League admin these days, so perhaps your comment has substance Terry.

In regards to your fear of the persons running the club appear to be hell bent on driving members away from the club. The fact is that this year the club had record membership.

Wait till 2017

The clock is ticking for the rebuilding of Brookvale. Years of talk fest have yielded nothing in concrete. I think there's a window of 5 years to get this done or the decision will be made for us. I want the club to stay there as it is our home but the facility has seen better days and for our club to survive long term, this question has to be answered about will this ever happen?

I accept that we are in transition. We got told it's all about results. My question to our owners is, if we see a repeat of the last 2 years ,will those responsible for making these decisions be accountable?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4