1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Refs?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by eelcatcher, Mar 29, 2014.

1. eelcatcher

eelcatcher Active Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0
    Trent Robinson complaining about refs in post match confence, opinions? I think he has no leg to stand considering the ref standards from the last GF. Besides they deserved all those penalties.

2. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,404 / 130
    They have been hammered in the penalty count for 3 of the 4 games this year. It's the way they play, it will hurt them.

I thought he was great at the press conference btw.

3. MANLY4LIFE

MANLY4LIFE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +384 / 6
    Didn't seem to mind when they won the GF off some cheating ref last season,hypocrite !!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +838 / 24
    Shayne Hayne was not refereeing tonight so naturally they did not have their inside man earning his keep.

The refs are a lottery. We did alright with the ref calls tonight. Perhaps Ben Cummins felt some level of guilt for being on the same field as Hayne last year during the Grand Final that was totally ruined.

5. MWSE

MWSE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +335 / 2
    Fair dinkum if you keep losing penalty counts here's a novel idea for you Trent. FIX YOUR DISCIPLINE.

6. Las Vegas Blvd

Las Vegas Blvd Active Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    What a surprise , smashed the rooters in the penalty count and still not happy

7. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,572 / 45
    I thought the refs were absolutely fantastic tonight. Fair and consistent all night long (except for those 2 or 3 against us of course ;)) Well done to all the officials!

Note Roosters ; Now you know how we felt. Suck it up losers.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mwseintville

Mwseintville Member

Townsville
    Ratings:
    +38 / 2
    Yeah same game as the GF just different refs amazing the difference Shayne Hayne can make to a game. Go Manly.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Las Vegas Blvd

Las Vegas Blvd Active Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    You tell em Mozzie

• Like Like x 1
  10. Eagleheart

Eagleheart Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +1,264 / 40
    IMO the Rorters could have been penalised a bit more actually.

11. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    http://m.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/referee-ben-cummins-performance-was-unacceptable-says-sydney-roosters-coach-trent-robinson/story-fn2mcuj6-1226868176678

12. eelcatcher

eelcatcher Active Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0
    Geez Robinson is such a hypocrite, now they know how we feel from last year, its called justice but thats assuming that the refs did wrong this game which they didn't.

13. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,798 / 122
    'UNDER-strength and brave, Manly got their revenge last night with an 8-0 win in the grand final rematch but all the talk today is going to be about Trent Robinson’s post match blow up.
    …He also accused the refs of “coaching” Manly and said decisions had been going against the Roosters as a club for “decades"…

For decades? ….Hahahahahahahahahah !!

http://m.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/referee-ben-cummins-performance-was-unacceptable-says-sydney-roosters-coach-trent-robinson/story-fn2mcuj6-1226868176678

14. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +829 / 10
    “I think we had 11-2, I think it was 12-3 last week ... I think we had 12-5 round one.

Well gee Robbo why unleash a spray tonight then? Seems the Rorters have a problem every game with every referee.

The Manly coach, players & fans didn't go off after the grand final half as much as the Rorters coach and fans have gone off tonight.

So the poor Rorters are copping a bad run. But coming off a referee assisted grand final win you would think they would just cop losing a club game or two to penalties and bad calls.

Try being a Souths fan. How many times have they been done over by referees and bad calls since they last won a premiership?

But no, the Rorters cry and cry.

15. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Tooves would have done exactly the same had the count been reversed. I'm sure Robinson had no complaints grand final day though.

16. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,822 / 53
    Surely the comment about the Roosters being dudded for years warrants $10k?

If not, there's gotta be an investigation...

17. StuBoot

StuBoot Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +796 / 7
    He also mentioned about players staying down to get penalties. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't insinuating that Gifty stayed down just to get a penalty- after all he took no further part in the match- maybe it was part of Tooves strategy to only use 16 players again!

18. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    Didn't Foz get tackled high at one stage and went down and a chook tried to drag him up off of the ground by the scruff of the jersey and accused him of milking it?

19. castle eagle

castle eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

newcastle
    Ratings:
    +653 / 6
    yeah, i think it was his mate mitchell pearce.

20. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Foz was done after that hit, he wasn't trying to get a penalty - just his senses back :cool:

2v must be loving that Post Match Interview from the Easts Coach :p