1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Referees

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by The Who, Jun 3, 2013.

1. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,840 / 103
    Not having a Manly match to attend this weekend forced me to watch some of the unimportant teams play. It gave me an unbiased look at the performance of referees. I'm of the firm opinion that referees have become whistle-happy. There are far too many insipid penalties given.
    Either Tom Waterhouse has nobbled them, or our current batch of refs are simply unable to let a game flow. They are impeding the game rather than 'having a feel for the game'. As a result, the style of football being played is boring, with penalties becoming increasinly important to a team's success.
    I wonder if the refs will allow more leeway in the SOO? I hope so.

2. ABTK

ABTK "Bollocks"

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +59 / 2
    I'd like to see some penalties given for forward passes... Hey, even a scrum would be good.

3. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +829 / 10
    Thought the Knights got hammered in penalties against Souths.

What was that rubbish reasoning from the referee? He penalised Knights for inside the 10m & the captain came over to say it was a harsh one. The referee replied along the lines of "They deserved it, they were getting a roll on."

Where is that in the rule book?

4. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    Yeah, thought the knights were hard down by. Tipped them for the upset, and then the refs give souths a helping hand. Seems the norm for souths though

5. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,744 / 57
    It's happeneing again. Warriors playing great scored 2 tries lead 8 nil and then the penalties begin. 4 penalties in a row to Donkies now its 8 all. I'm sick of seeing refs and their pedantic penalties so heavily influencing games.

• Like Like x 1