Recent recruitment and moving forward

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
What???
Papp and Addo rubbish - they were both kids with Massive potential
Yes both potential stars and young.....how to compare with players who have been average and around for years is chalk and cheese.
Papenhuyzen was the best player in the U'20's comp and Addo Carr was the quickest youngster in the game, who had a number of clubs after him.
This reminds me of what a disgraceful ten years the tigers have had in terms of losing players . They have lost Tedesco, Moses, woods, pap, jac, Kapow,
Paseka, aloai , Matterson and the list goes on in the last few years.

This reminds me of what a disgraceful ten years the tigers have had in terms of losing players . They have lost Tedesco, Moses, woods, pap, jac, Kapow,
I’m not sure they would complain about losing woods, kapow aloai

Just sayin’

Your right about a few absolute stars there Jen and that's why I was kind of suprised by some rating Addo Carr and Pappenhuysen with our signings at Manly, night and day.....and the West Tigers have turned into maybe the biggest joke of the NRL and Papalli a top 5 NRL forward at Eels now looks like a dud.

The point wasn't about comparing the quality of the player as much as the development of those players when recruited.Sure they were kids with potential just like Tom Wright was. Melbourne have also made some eyebrow raising signings, journeymen at their clubs and they have ended up solid contributors for a season or two. My point is that a good environment with proven processes can make a huge difference to the development of players.

Jason Saab and Reuben Garrick are two examples of kids with potential we have recruited, while he has critics, Sean Keppie has been solid as has Toff who we got from the Warriors. For every diamond you find, you discard some carbon, once you have the diamond it needs polish to shine.

The point wasn't about comparing the quality of the player as much as the development of those players when recruited.Sure they were kids with potential just like Tom Wright was. Melbourne have also made some eyebrow raising signings, journeymen at their clubs and they have ended up solid contributors for a season or two. My point is that a good environment with proven processes can make a huge difference to the development of players.

Jason Saab and Reuben Garrick are two examples of kids with potential we have recruited, while he has critics, Sean Keppie has been solid as has Toff who we got from the Warriors. For every diamond you find, you discard some carbon, once you have the diamond it needs polish to shine.
Very valid and strong points in this post mate - good stuff :thumbsup:

The “Big 4” (Tedesco, Moses, Woods & Brookes) were/are all managed by Isaac Moses & were an early example of a player manager holding a club over a barrel, if I recall correctly.

He (Isaac Moses) was pressuring the Tigers for big contracts for all 4 but I suspect Tedesco had already decided he was Roosters bound.

As we know, only Brookes remained.

I reckon you could trace the disintegration of the club back to that.

It’s gotten exponentially worse since.

I’m not sure they would complain about losing woods, kapow aloai

Just sayin’
Hahaha

What about Tuilagi. We are stuck with him for three Seasons and the tigers have replaced him with Bateman, Ipap and are now looking at frizell. They would be laughing their heads off that we paid a big amount to get him to manly.

He (Isaac Moses) was pressuring the Tigers for big contracts for all 4 but I suspect Tedesco had already decided he was Roosters bound.
Can blame the manager but do you think those players went to other clubs (and for big money) against their will? I think not!

Hahaha

What about Tuilagi. We are stuck with him for three Seasons and the tigers have replaced him with Bateman, Ipap and are now looking at frizell. They would be laughing their heads off that we paid a big amount to get him to manly.
I think we got him relatively cheap at start of last year before had his "form "bump

Hahaha

Big amount of money?

Hahaha

My assumption is the bloke that recruited him to Manly is now working at the Tigers.

Here’s to good times.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11