Realistically nobody has a bloody clue

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bazeagle

Bencher
Why are we losing?
More to the point why are losing so badly?
Why do we play a blinding half against the roosters a few weeks ago then dish up crap from then on?

On the basis of the press reports and today's press conference, the coach doesn't know, Blake Green doesn't know - DCE seems to have vanished. And we play soccer in training to change things up before this last disaster.

As the title says - nobody appears to have a bloody clue.

Why are we losing?
Why do we play a blinding half against the roosters a few weeks ago then dish up crap from then on?

On the basis of the press reports and today's press conference, the coach doesn't know, Blake Green doesn't know - DCE seems to have vanished. And we play soccer in training to change things up before this last disaster.

I don't have a bloody clue why we needed ANOTHER thread on the forum to discuss basically the same thing!!

I am not saying there is any substance in the salary cap drama, but the wheels came off Manly at the same time this investigation began.

Went from a team that wasn't big on talent in all positions that were playing above their weight to being also rans. It's like someone turned the switch off.

I agree @bazeagle , no one has a clue and no one has a fix.

The confidence, the camaraderie, the joy of playing well has 110% vanished , never to be seen again ( this year at least ),

I tell ya , it's going to be bloody hard for the membership people to get any growth in 2018, they'll be lucky if the losses in numbers are kept above -10%

Manly are 100% confidence Team :wasntme:

We are not mature enough yet to take the bad calls, bad plays or losses and look to the present @:oops:

The rookie Coach is still in two minds as to when to console and when to rant @:cool:

The Drags 52 points is still in their heads. So the ease of the Dogs' first try baulked Manly and they expected more to follow :banghead:

We don't have any aggro forward who could have gathered the muscle and lead them through the Dogs' line :cool:

Watching Manly form a defensive structure when they have the ball is so frustrating.
Not sure what messages are relayed, but the note about giving the ball carrier options of fast runners was lost in translation@:oops:

Hope that Manly clears the memory of their past errors in NZ and just have fun for a few more weeks :happy:

Manly are 100% confidence Team :wasntme:

We are not mature enough yet to take the bad calls, bad plays or losses and look to the present @:oops:

The rookie Coach is still in two minds as to when to console and when to rant @:cool:

The Drags 52 points is still in their heads. So the ease of the Dogs' first try baulked Manly and they expected more to follow :banghead:

We don't have any aggro forward who could have gathered the muscle and lead them through the Dogs' line :cool:

Watching Manly form a defensive structure when they have the ball is so frustrating.
Not sure what messages are relayed, but the note about giving the ball carrier options of fast runners was lost in translation@:oops:

Hope that Manly clears the memory of their past errors in NZ and just have fun for a few more weeks :happy:

Excellent points

Why are we losing?

We did lead the Tigers 20 - 6 at half time!

Where is @Technical Coach when you him ? He surely could explain why we are losing SO BADLY . . . . apart from the obvious "we are a crap team" stuff
I warned fans right before the Dragons and Storm games what will happen if we continue to perform as we were and not one single "Like" or "Ironstine" was handed to me, so now I'm on antidepressants trying to find my mojo again.

I warned fans right before the Dragons and Storm games what will happen if we continue to perform as we were and not one single "Like" or "Ironstine" was handed to me, so now I'm on antidepressants trying to find my mojo again.
TC you're a legend here. Don't wilt mate under the pressure we are all under right now. By the way what the hell is an Ironstine?

Love your work, TC. Please keep it coming. :)
All good happens every year, i may come across as negative but i will state my views before the fact even when Manly are near enough to leading the comp, leading the attacking output or leading the defence.

I saw glimpses very early on in the Dogs game that Manly is about to turn the corner----just hope there is enough in the tank to run with it.

It's all in the mind now. We are not a bad side. This side sent us into raptures with outstanding football june/ july. They did so cause they believed in themselves and the coaching staff. They now second guess themselves, to afraid to fo anything in case they goof up so they leave it to the next man who in turn leaves it to the next. The shackles are heavy in the mind hence their lethargic display. They are stiff with fright and their creative minds are siezed up. They need to start enjoying pmaying footy again and not worry about the top 8 or failing. Have a crack and see how you go. They have the skill set. It was pretty evident and on display earlier in the year. All they have to do is enjoy the good things they do, focus on that and forget about the mistakes. Mistakes happen. We are a wip team.

Ok. I went to the Bledisloe Cup match on Saturday night where Australia missed 40% of their tackles in the first half. That was truly terrible and something to moan about!

Ouch are you a masochist?

I was directly quoting our coach. He is a much better judge of footy than anyone on these boards.

We also played without a 3,4,7,11 and 12 on my TV but that wasn't mentioned.

It's 100% mental.

We were never a premiership threat but we are better than what is currently being dished up. It's being dished up because the players confidence is shot (as Baz mentioned in the presser).

It's shot because we walked into a perfect storm against Saints; a seriously patched together Manly outfit, against a bogey side at a bogey ground, 4-5 tries off kicks and all the calls going against us. We got whacked. The confidence took a hit. The following week we came up against the best side in the competition by a mile, on their home turf and against got whacked. The confidence took another beating.

If we could have played an easy side following the Dragons loss, we may have been able to stop the rot to some extent, but two beltings in a row and we look toast.

You could argue then, well what happened against the Rooster? I agree with @Chip and Chase, it was the same sub-par performance from Manly in that first half and the Chooks were completely off in the second; an anomaly.

The confidence issues can be observed when we defend; players are passive in their decision making because they don't want to have to make a defensive decision for fear of making a mistake. They have no self-confidence and little confidence in each other (note Matt Wright coming in to help Kelly on the weekend and Uate and Walker back-pedalling for the Morris try).

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8