MVP: Rd 23 v Roosters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
+ 1 please scoreboard.

I was pleased for Ray, thought he did OK.

Schu: don't know what to say. He lays on a couple of lovely tries with a beautiful short kicking game. Then other times it is literally like he has just switched his brain off.
Ray did great considering the hammering he was copping on here before the game.
Made a great try saver on Manu, only for blockhead to give the credit to Ola.

Ola
Froggy
Bully

Honestly you guys voting for Schu and Koula seriously?. They were both pathetic tonight. Koula got owned by Tupou who won a comp 10 years ago, and he was a lazy oaf all night. He only got his jersey dirty in junk time versus 12 men. Surely you guys were watching the Kayo mini for the tries only.
Schu was also completely pathetic. Missed tackles, lazy play and dog crap again, until junk time.
For 60 minutes of this game (when there was an actual contest) these guys couldn’t make a tackle break through tissue paper, and that’s IF they even wanted the ball.

Money Wa$ted.

When are we gonna realise that there are players in this team mailing it in?. Tuilagi was garbage, Saab was owned by Tupon all night.

JWH, Tupou, Keary, 100 teeth Tedesco played with way more passion than nearly all our team because they care about the jersey they put on.
As much as I hate the Rooaters this is bleeding obvious to me.

Anyway season over. We are put out of our misery.

NYEagle
You're out of order in my opinion. This is for individuals to say who they think THEIR 1,2,3 is. You may not agree with them all (most of us won't) At the end of voting the top 3 get the points. I don't think the same 3 have ever been picked by everyone. We all see things differently.

3. Guac - was very good tonight in a very tired looking forward pack.
2. Ray - the bloke copped an absolute battering from a lot of ST's this week (someone even said he was the worst player in the club). He certainly isn't a class 1st grader but he tries very hard and made some really good runs last night. He deserves another go next week, despite it being the Riff.
1. Crokes - tackled all night and unlucky not to score in his 100 for Manly.

3 Ola
2 Matterson
1 Lodge
If Shu played the full 80 mins like he played the last 15 - he would deserve the hype that his agent manager (the slick conman), has generated.

Ola
Froggy
Bully

Honestly you guys voting for Schu and Koula seriously?. They were both pathetic tonight. Koula got owned by Tupou who won a comp 10 years ago, and he was a lazy oaf all night. He only got his jersey dirty in junk time versus 12 men. Surely you guys were watching the Kayo mini for the tries only.
Schu was also completely pathetic. Missed tackles, lazy play and dog crap again, until junk time.
For 60 minutes of this game (when there was an actual contest) these guys couldn’t make a tackle break through tissue paper, and that’s IF they even wanted the ball.

Money Wa$ted.

When are we gonna realise that there are players in this team mailing it in?. Tuilagi was garbage, Saab was owned by Tupon all night.

JWH, Tupou, Keary, 100 teeth Tedesco played with way more passion than nearly all our team because they care about the jersey they put on.
As much as I hate the Rooaters this is bleeding obvious to me.

Anyway season over. We are put out of our misery.

NYEagle
I understand your frustration NY Eagles but If you’re going to crucify Schuster you have to make sure you get your facts right. Official stats give 1 missed tackle to him On the night. That is the equal least to any other 5/8 In 5his round. Keary for the Roosters Missed 2. Tri day 6, Walker 6, Katoa 6, Gamble 3, Foran 4, Dearden 3, Mam 2, Luai 2, Munster 4. Off more concern is Tuilagi who missed 5. To me our biggest worry at the moment is that we have 3 of our best props out for the rest of the season and that our forwards currently arent capable of controlling the ruck.

I understand your frustration NY Eagles but If you’re going to crucify Schuster you have to make sure you get your facts right. Official stats give 1 missed tackle to him On the night. That is the equal least to any other 5/8 In 5his round. Keary for the Roosters Missed 2. Tri day 6, Walker 6, Katoa 6, Gamble 3, Foran 4, Dearden 3, Mam 2, Luai 2, Munster 4. Off more concern is Tuilagi who missed 5. To me our biggest worry at the moment is that we have 3 of our best props out for the rest of the season and that our forwards currently arent capable of controlling the ruck.
Easy to not miss tackles when you just stand aside and observe the game

Ok, well fair enough now we see the numbers. But I’m not seeing a whole lot of involvement nor influence from him.

Agree with you regarding the forwards, but we only won 7 of 24 or something with most of our best forwards there. It’s an attitude issue. The forwards haven’t played as a unit for years.

NYEagle

Last edited:
Human nature. If its identified that someone is considered to have a problem, whether he or she has it or not, one's attention is focused on that area. We probably overlook the same issue in others because our attention hasn't been directed there. When one's attention is focused on something, you tend to look for it, and any examples no matter how infrequent, tend to reinforce the belief of the problem. The anecdotal becomes the general. Shock jock radio personalities use the same principle. Diverging somewhat, but as an example, one or two escape from a prison. Shock jocks focus on that and promote it as an endemic problem, when in fact it isn't. Just a clever prisoner or a minor gap in security. The problem existed but it wasn't representative of the whole security performance ( witnessed this a few times in my career). Yet the public is influenced to believe it is an endemic issue.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8