Questions to those who attended Bluetongue

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Congratulations for supporting the boys. I wimped out. I understand there were 11,200 there which is a good effort considering the weather.
1. What approx percentage were Manly fans?
2. Does the gate affect the amount the club makes taking a match to Bluetongue?
3. Would you go to another Bluetongue match? Personally, I don't like the ground.
4. Is Manly committed to Bluetongue in future years?
5. Would you prefer to see a Bluetongue-like stadium replace Brookie?

Cheers,

I drove from Newcastle. Plenty of Manly colours, but maybe just as many Tigers where I was.

I was talking to Vidmar and asked him about the profitability, I think he said it's a guarantee regardless of how many turn up and it is significantly more than we make at Brookie. Which is obviously why we go there.

I don't know about committed to Bluetongue in future, I assume by the Perth match, Brisbane home games and talk about a match in china that the club is looking at all options and will continue to for as long as Brookie is not financially viable.

I don't mind Bluetongue but there must be better models for a stadium. The queues for drinks are absurd.

Didn't get home till midnight but I don't mind going there because we usually win!

It was a long way to go but got there under 2 hours and home 1 1/2 hours.

Crowd was surprising seeing that its meant to be a Tigers strong hold.:huh:

Most of the crowd in the Eastern Stand was Tigers.
I reckon about a third Manly throughout the ground.

If Manly does get a guarantee then it may make up for the relocation, but as a local fan I do resent the time and cost of going t o a 'home' game so far away.:(

Answer to question 5.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo.

How can that even be an option? Bluetongue is THE worst ground in the comp. Only Parra comes close to it's ineptness as a public facility.
Why would we want to replace the best ground to watch sport at with the worst? We'd struggle to get 11,200 to Brookvale if fans were treated with the disdain that they are at Gosford.

A third of the crowd were our fans. The stadium is nice but weird that the southern end has nothing. I understand the club get money from Singleton to play there. If we play there id rather take a match against a non Sydney team.

Agree about non Sydney teams. We should play Cows,Knights,Raiders,Warriors,Panthers,Titans at bluetongue.
Storm and Broncos should be Brookie as the Sydney teams.

I didn't go last night but if I can add a question.

Forgetting the traveling time and queue for food and drink etc, what are people's opinion on the configuration of the ground with stands either side as opposed to Brookie with its suburban feel.

Frankly, I'd prefer it if Bluetongue could be plonked down at Brookvale even though it may not provide the same atmosphere. Thoughts ?

No farking way simon

Blue toungue is cheap and nasty in every aspect. The seats for me at 6 foot 1 are way to small and its impossible to move past anyone.

simon64 said:

Forgetting the traveling time and queue for food and drink etc, what are people's opinion on the configuration of the ground with stands either side as opposed to Brookie with its suburban feel.

Frankly, I'd prefer it if Bluetongue could be plonked down at Brookvale even though it may not provide the same atmosphere. Thoughts ?

Why do you hate Manly so much?
Why would you wish so much ill on us?
What a horrible, disgraceful thing to say Simon.

Hang your head in shame.

OneEyedEagle said:
I saw plenty of manly fans about but gee the tigers supportters were much much more vocal than us.

We try to get the Manly fans going, but when Manly fans have a knack for keeping their mouths shut, it doesn't help when trying to build atmosphere.

simon64 said:

No, its a ****hole, and I was there last night. Horrible ground. I'd personally love to have an SFS, but leave the hill instead of seats on the lower level (where it says "Allianz". That would mean we keep our beloved hill, and all those people that complain about seating get that too.

Duff said:
simon64 said:

Hang your head in shame.

Come on Duff. You know what I mean. We're the only club that plays at a ground that has been pretty much neglected for 20 years. I love the joint. I don't want to play anywhere else.

It's the standard of facility that's the issue.

It doesn't seem like too many others are worried. I just wish the governments would stop ignoring us and stump up the money to bring it up to scratch. I'm starting to get p!$$ed off now.

simon64 said:
Duff said:
simon64 said:

Hang your head in shame.

Come on Duff. You know what I mean. We're the only club that plays at a ground that has been pretty much neglected for 20 years. I love the joint. I don't want to play anywhere else.

It's the standard of facility that's the issue.

It doesn't seem like too many others are worried. I just wish the governments would stop ignoring us and stump up the money to bring it up to scratch. I'm starting to get p!$$ed off now.

Maybe the corporate facilities are delapodated, i'm not really sure, i don't get to that part. From what i can see though, there's a whole new section of that on the JT stand and the Arko stand isn't that old.
As far as the rest of the ground goes, it's perfect for people there to watch the football. How can a grass hill be delapodated or in need of attention? It has grass on it.

Duff your on another planet if you think Brookie doesn't need any work done to it, do you want the team on playing in NSW Cup like the Jets or Bears?

We need to up our match day income and the best way to do that is improve Brookvale or it may end up that we play every single home away at different venues like last night. We should keep the hill but improve everything around it facilities wise and replace the Fulton-Menzies stand and improve seating capacity in ground by new stand behind hill or seat the family end maybe?

AshfieldBazza said:
Duff your on another planet if you think Brookie doesn't need any work done to it, do you want the team on playing in NSW Cup like the Jets or Bears?

We need to up our match day income and the best way to do that is improve Brookvale or it may end up that we play every single home away at different venues like last night. We should keep the hill but improve everything around it facilities wise and replace the Fulton-Menzies stand and improve seating capacity in ground by new stand behind hill or seat the family end maybe?

I don't get the connection between the viability of the club and the state of the "facilities".
Gosford is very new and modern and that loses money due to its facilities as I boycott it. If it was up to the standard of Brookie, the crowds would be up by at least 1 and the gate takings would be up by at least $25.00. I don't think i'm alone either.

So you don't go to Bluetongue cause you don't like it's design, fair enough. I didn't say we have to have Brookie modeled on Bluetongue but just improvements made to Brookie. If you think having a run down stadium attracts more fans than a more modern stadium I'd be interested to hear other people's views on here ( not talking about only Bluetongue). The hard core fans will go where ever the game is but we need to attract more than them. Manly needs to attract bigger crowds to keep more games at Brookie or last nights example of a home games played away from Brookvale will only become more common each year

I know we've got to follow the "coin",but agree with Duff...blahtongue is a sh**hole.I will never go there to watch a game again,even if I was paid good money to.Ive told friends up there,next time I come up for a game,I'll watch it in the CCL across the road.

The ground can't stay the way it is. It's a professional sport and it's about more than whether we as supporters think it's good enough.

Bazza is 100% right. We need to attract more people (the incidental supporters) not just the members. No other club has a home ground in the state of Brookvale Oval. Like it or not, people want a seat for themselves and their families and they expect to be able to see the game.

I know where Duff is coming from but that's just not the way it is anymore.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4