QLD Cup: New Sea Eagle sets his priorities

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
LESSONS learned the hard way have left new Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles signing Karl Johnson convinced he can fulfil his dream of playing in the NRL.

New Sea Eagle Karl Johnson says his goal is to succeed with the Sunshine Coast, but he would love to play in the NRL.
Cade Mooneycm

Officially unveiled as the Sea Eagles' latest recruit yesterday – although he played his first game with the club last weekend – the giant centre has come to the Coast after almost three seasons with Rockhampton's Central Comets.
The 102kg and 190cm Kiwi had stints with Manly, North Queensland and Newcastle but played only in trials.
At 26, he says his party days are now behind him and he sees the Coast as the perfect place to prosper.
“I was young and wanted to party a little bit. I wish I knew what I know now,” Johnson said.
“If I could do it all again, I'd change a lot of different things.
“I was always training hard, but I was partying hard as well. It was mainly off-the-field stuff that was holding me back.
“I've addressed that now. I've sort of grown up now.”
Johnson, who has lived in Australia for seven years and also played for North Sydney, had an up-and-down season with the struggling Comets and is happy to have a fresh start on the Coast.
He said Sea Eagles coach Brandon Costin contacted him on Monday last week and the Comets decided to release him.
“It's been hard trying to find some form. I've been playing solid, but apparently it wasn't good enough,” he said.
“I was very, very surprised (to be approached by Costin) and also very happy.
“Rocky is sort of running in a dead end, football-wise – it's just been a tough year up there.
“It's good getting an opportunity to come down here and find some form.”
The Comets are second last on the table with only four wins from 15 games.
Reigning premier Sunshine Coast, which meet Souths Logan away on Saturday, is in seventh place after posting seven wins and will need Johnson to fire as it chases a finals spot.
Johnson was cited for a dangerous tackle in the Sea Eagles' 38-12 loss to East Tigers in the last round, but escaped with a caution.
He said Costin had told him to do his job and he should do well.
“At the moment my goal is playing with the Sunny Coast and working hard with them, but if an opportunity (to play NRL) comes up at the end of the year, I'll take it,” he said.
“I want to get back in there full-time, in that full-time training environment.
“I think that's what every league player is aiming to achieve.”
http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2010/07/08/new-sea-eagle-gets-his-priorities-in-order/

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8