Press conference

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The Cows were there to be beaten on Fri night. They were lucky they played an inept and hopeless Dragons. If our defense can hold up and keep us in the game then we are a chance. The big problem will be breaking down the Cows defense which has been the best in the comp so far. That's where we will need the kicking game and chase to be on point. Pressure them and fatigue them.
Don't watch much footy these days so will have to watch the Cowboys to see if their defense and performances is all it is cracked up to be.

What i do know is Manly are their own worst enemies and don't make life easy for themselves to be competitive and effective which is not reliant on the performance of other teams for the "most part".

Once we give ourselves half a chance then you start worrying about what other teams are capable of. Worry about what we do well and do it better and what we don't do well and improve is the stage Manly are at.

Yes, but that is the sort of performance we should expect .. with our roster we should not be surprised or elated .. it is the level that we should demand every week ..
Agree but we also had 2.5million sitting on the sidelines or thereabouts.

Chose to play golf with the young fella this arvo and watch on delay. Switched on the tv at about 540 only for channel ten news to come straight in and you guessed it Jake being interviewed and the score up. Bloody furious! Anyway first half was dour but I thought the Tigers had a good dig and we held them. Second half we did the business and went over them. I actually think we have been playing well since the Parra game. Melb we were dumb but I thought beat them in the middle. Today we could have rolled over and lost easy, but we stuck in and got a good win increasing the f/a along the way. This is good for us and I think we’ll beat the cows at home on Friday night.

Matchday thread is a cesspit that I both love and hate in equal measure
Match day thread is all of us riding the emotional roller coaster. Nearly everyone is bipolar at some stage during the game. The emotional highs and lows of the unpredictability and adrenalin cause all sorts of comments both good and bad. It's that passion for the club, colours, emblem and players that keeps us coming back.

Yes, but that is the sort of performance we should expect .. with our roster we should not be surprised or elated
I agree we should not be surprised. But why on earth shouldn't we be elated?
Maybe you recommend maintaining a calm, even demeanour and avoiding all emotional responses?
Ho hum, manly played well again, lol

bored jack nicholson GIF

We probably will but that’s next week and we had a game today that we won, so celebrate good times 😂
Mate....I have a feeling we've turned the corner so to speak. Remember our next 2 games are at home & I'm not convinced on the Cowboys yet. The Storm will always be tough but we are due to give them a spanking. Our boys are gaining confidence & with confidence your game goes to another level. The Cowboys & Broncos have that confidence in them currently & as a result are performing.....our boys have been battered & bruised, played without confidence & missing some key personnel. We've won 2 in a row....I think it'll be 4 & then we have a bye. I'm trying to be positive here! I'm pretty sure both the Cowboys & Storm will think they have it over us.....they'll be cocky & will pay for it.

I encourage everyone to watch the press conference after today’s game for two reasons:
1. Hasler talks about it being one of our best wins of the season and explains why and I totally agree. There were some harsh comments in the match day thread and I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but personally, I can’t agree.

Today’s game was always going to be tough. It might not have shown up on TV, but at the ground, you could see how hard we were working in the middle...lots of great hits from Croker and Jakey...lots of tough carries from the back 5, who were excellent. Christian T and Garrick in particular...tireless. Tigers came to play in front of a healthy Campbelltown crowd and didn’t lay down.

We played really disciplined footy and completed well. Sure, some of the 5th tackle options weren’t great, but we lost Daly a day before the game.

2. Jake talks about how passionate he is about Manly and what a great two weeks it’s been captaining our great club. You can feel how genuine he is about it and it’s refreshing.

Well done Manly!

Great post, and I agree with you and Des here, mate. Tigers were up quite a few notches today. We beat them down with our defense, and wore them out. Was a grind in the first half, but they were battered at half time and couldn't compete in the second.

You know things aren't right when I'm getting hammered for being too positive ! Haha.

I guess it's also very much a positive that people's expectations are very high. Shows respect to our club and players.

Mate....I have a feeling we've turned the corner so to speak. Remember our next 2 games are at home & I'm not convinced on the Cowboys yet. The Storm will always be tough but we are due to give them a spanking. Our boys are gaining confidence & with confidence your game goes to another level. The Cowboys & Broncos have that confidence in them currently & as a result are performing.....our boys have been battered & bruised, played without confidence & missing some key personnel. We've won 2 in a row....I think it'll be 4 & then we have a bye. I'm trying to be positive here! I'm pretty sure both the Cowboys & Storm will think they have it over us.....they'll be cocky & will pay for it.

I think we win one or both those games, and will be putting my hard earned on us.

We were really good today! I’m very happy.

Mate, I haven't read the match threads for 5 years ... for therein lies madness.

Matchday thread is a cesspit that I both love and hate in equal measure

Match day thread is all of us riding the emotional roller coaster. Nearly everyone is bipolar at some stage during the game. The emotional highs and lows of the unpredictability and adrenalin cause all sorts of comments both good and bad. It's that passion for the club, colours, emblem and players that keeps us coming back.

The emotional roller coaster is all well and good. Just like if you were watching at home and no matter the player you complain about the mistake. eg: ffs Jake, get off the tackled player! etc.

But when the thread gets overtaken by trolls and morons who simply post 'we **** suck' continuously then disappear after the win it ruins the experience. As a side note, we're not supposed to type words to get around the swearing bans (like shiiit) but the thread is full of it.

I guess the thing is the actual game is what we're all looking forward too and so shouldn't we all be loving to post in a game day thread? - the game is the whole reason this forum exists.

So while the MDT (match day thread) should be a roller coaster ride, the fact that people avoid it due to losing a few IQ points if they read it, may be reason to clean it up during the game.

I don't think the intended purpose was for trolls to complain and whine viciously for 100+ mins only to disappear until next weeks game. It's bemusing that in 2022 these 'people' still think it's funny to do.

There is only about 2 to 3 games a year where the time zone means I can be awake for the game, I don't want to keep reading childish posts about how &^((& bad $^##& we )(&)^^ are - especially when Manly was in front the whole game!!

Go Manly!

I agree we should not be surprised. But why on earth shouldn't we be elated?
Maybe you recommend maintaining a calm, even demeanour and avoiding all emotional responses?
Ho hum, manly played well again, lol

bored jack nicholson GIF

Please .. the day I get excited and elated about beating the team coming 12th, or 4th bloody last ... is the day that manly have officially become the easy beats.

Maybe I have been wrong about @BOZO .. maybe you are all becoming Norths supporting medioricy lovers ..

Fair dinkum .. beating Wests .. whoopee

Please .. the day I get excited and elated about beating the team coming 12th, or 4th bloody last ... is the day that manly have officially become the easy beats.

Maybe I have been wrong about @BOZO .. maybe you are all becoming Norths supporting medioricy lovers ..

I agree with you feathered friend Woodsie

Our legendary Clubs Benchmark of excellence is excelling against the Best teams in the comp
and that is what made us the Greatest club of all !

A win is always good and the Great Manly Sea eagles are expected to win against inferior low placed opposition
I mean, what are the chances of the Tigers making the finals this season ? Buckley's !!!
The tigers have not qualified for the finals in the last 10 seasons and have been a club without a soul . How elating and exciting is that ???

The moral of the story
We are only as Great as the Great teams that we defeat
Now that is really something to be Excited and Elated about !!!

240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

I hope you’re right. The first step is believing so I like your positivity!

Rather than suggest others have to modify their posts, use the ignore feature.

If you don’t want to use the ignore feature (cause you like the posters other comments) - don’t suggest their game day posts should be modified.

Not everyone is the same, that’s why ST is fun.
I started this thread because I was surprised at how poor some people thought we were playing, when I thought we were good. I’ve never suggested that they’re out of line or shouldn’t post, etc. everyone is entitled to an opinion; I’m just giving my take on things. I’m not telling anyone how to think or what to say.

As for GE, I think he is talking about the trolls in the match day thread...people who hate Manly and enjoy flooding the thread with hatred for a cheap laugh.

Sorry to hear you are unenthused by that performance, and no doubt equally unexcited by all Manly's other wins against teams "coming 12th, or 4th bloody last"

To anyone here who actually (as opposed to tongue-in-cheekily) feels unexcited by 'expected' wins, and no doubt disgusted and/or disappointed and/or annoyed and/or angered by all our losses ... it sounds like the footy season is a pretty miserable experience for you, start to finish! Cheer up, ffs!

sad sadness GIF by Skrz.cz

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10