Pre-Match Manly v Tigers Round 23

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
IF Wright is out, it will be an interesting decision whether Baz leaves Parker at centre and plays Kelly on the wing
NRL FOX ...

Tigers mail: Matt McIlwrick (dangerous throw) will escape suspension with an early plea.

Sea Eagles mail: Addin Fonua-Blake returns from suspension. Matt Wright is expected to be alright after a shoulder burner forced him from the field on Sunday. Brad Parker may make way for Brian Kelly who was rested on Sunday. Trent Barrett hinted the centre could return this week. “There were a couple of things creeping into his game that he needs to work on,” Barrett said of Kelly. “I didn’t play him with Blacktown for a reason. He was just looking a bit tired and needed a spell. He knows what he’s got to work on and I’ll help him with that and he’ll make his way back into the side.”
IMO and on current form I cant see our coach replacing Parker with Kelly .
Parker will be rewarded with last weeks effort and keep his spot whilst Kelly will keep working on his weaknesses .
The affective wingers and centres of the modern game are either big and powerful or very fast and Kelly lacks both these attributes to be a dominant player in our side.
The motto to maintain a winning team is
We carry no passengers
Shape up or Ship out !!!
shape-up-or-ship-out-3.png

The top four is far from settled. Cronulla, Brisbane and the 'Boys have tough draws. I reckon if we win three of our final four we'd scrape into the top four. Along with Doesn'tmatta we have the easiest run home . . . on paper, that is.
Ive done the ladder predictor and have us coming 5th or 6th. Top 4 means we would need to win all our remaining games and I just don't see that happening, we are not that consistent just yet.

Tigers at Leichhardt worry me. Always seem to be up for a big game against us. Anyone know our record there? Not sure how many games we would.of played there over the years. Boys need to be on the ball from the get go.

And I may be wrong but I think Kelly has more wing experience than Brad, he certainly played wing for the u/20 SOO.

Guess the determining factors will be kick returns and bomb disposal abilities.

Edit .. but I do prefer Parkers defence and line breaking ability at centre.
Parkers defence is rock solid, for that reason alone (along with his tough running and speed) makes me believe we should keep him at centre for a little longer than just a week. Kelly just has to improve his hands and focus on his defence a little as well. A good player that has plenty of potential (of which was shown in glimpses this year), although he just requires time and could be used as an injury replacement until next season where he'll fight it out with Wright/Taufua/Parker for a spot back in the full strength side.

Wouldn't be disappointed to see Kelly return as he has been really good for us until the later part of the season where he just looks busted both physically and mentally

Parkers defence is rock solid, for that reason alone (along with his tough running and speed) makes me believe we should keep him at centre for a little longer than just a week. Kelly just has to improve his hands and focus on his defence a little as well. A good player that has plenty of potential (of which was shown in glimpses this year), although he just requires time and could be used as an injury replacement until next season where he'll fight it out with Wright/Taufua/Parker for a spot back in the full strength side.

Wouldn't be disappointed to see Kelly return as he has been really good for us until the later part of the season where he just looks busted both physically and mentally

Agree, it's a long season for a kid coming up from the 20's ... but Kelly is a goodun and he will be back .. he is a genuine footballer.

Perrett , Lussick and AFB on the bench ( oh and yes Lewis Brown ).

No doubt where Twenty thinks this game will be won.

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Matthew Wright
3. Dylan Walker
4. Brad Parker
5. Akuila Uate
6. Blake Green
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Brenton Lawrence
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Martin Taupau
11. Frank Winterstein
12. Shaun Lane
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Lloyd Perrett
16.Darcy Lussick
17. Addin Fonua-blake

Brian Kelly
19. Cameron Cullen
20. Jonathan Wright
21. Jarrad Kennedy

Brian Kelly hasn't been named in the Workers team so he must be certain to play First Grade with Wright to pull out.

he didn't play last weekend at all either and Baz has made a comment about not playing for Blacktown so it looks like it is NRL or rest

Wright apparently copped a burner, so if true, he will play on Sunday.

Kelly named at 18 means its anyone's guess who plays centre on Sunday.

Tigers at Leichhardt worry me. Always seem to be up for a big game against us. Anyone know our record there? Not sure how many games we would.of played there over the years. Boys need to be on the ball from the get go.

2/9 is our record there...think it will be a lot closer than people think, manly by 8

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8