PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Souths [Round 4, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Its possible we could get pumped, but unlikely.

They are a serious side, but didnt set the world on fire vs Tits and we have a lot more points in us than the Coast at the moment.

Gee it would be nice to get a two point victory. It could change our whole season.

I feel strangely confident we will get the lollies in this one .... Manly in a nail biter ..... The GingaNinja to score the winner ...
The GingaNinja . Thats a great name ! . Yeh I hope he continues his progress . Inglis will be back for the Rabbits and another good test for our back line .

Confidence is a wonderful thing ,home crowd firm track i give us a great chance ,as long as like mentioned we create field position ,build pressure and our forwards hold our own .
Confidence does wonders and the way be blew the Warriors away did our self esteem a world of good.
The rabbits were not as convincing against the winless Titans as they were in their first two matches and exposed some weaknesses for us to follow though and take advantage .

The GingaNinja . Thats a great name ! . Yeh I hope he continues his progress . Inglis will be back for the Rabbits and another good test for our back line .

Can't claim it as mine .... another poster used it first ..

Zero Tackle....

Sea Eagles vs Rabbitohs

After recording a massive win over New Zealand, Des Hasler looks set to name the same 17 for this Saturday’s clash with South Sydney.

For the Bunnies, Greg Inglis is 50/50, but should still be named after missing last weekend’s win over the Titans. Braidon Burns’ injury opens up a spot on the wing, with Jacob Gagan likely to fill the void. George Burgess returns from suspension to play his first game of the season.

[NRL] Sea Eagles v Rabbitohs: Round 4 preview
Manly broke through for their first win in no uncertain terms with last week's demolition of the Warriors, highlighting how important Tom Trbojevic is to his team after he returned from an injury layoff.

The challenge now is to prove it was no fluke against one of the competition heavyweights.

Manly can play without pressure because they aren't expected to win and should be spurred on by a healthy home crowd after their emphatic victory in Christchurch.

The Bunnies looked like posting a cricket score last week against the Titans before dangerously easing off the gas in the second half.
Wayne Bennett will want an 80-minute effort on Saturday afternoon.

The Rundown
Key match-up
Damien Cook has been in good early-season form with his ability to get the Bunnies moving forward and timely darts from dummy-half. Apisai Koroisau has also been impressive despite Manly's patchy start to the season and his duel with Origin hooker Cook will be one to watch.

For the Sea Eagles to win
Another five-star display from 'Turbo Tom' won't hurt, while Daly Cherry-Evans should be keen to back up his best game of the season with another striong showing. But the Sea Eagles need to make a few defensive adjustments if they are going to overcome the unbeaten Bunnies.

For the Rabbitohs to win
They never really looked like losing last week but things got a bit uncomfortable in the final 20 minutes and the Rabbitohs shouldn't have allowed it to get that close. Greg Inglis is still out and now Braidon Burns has joined him on the sideline, so Bennett will have to make sure his outside backs are on their toes defensively after Manly put 46 on the Warriors.

Brett Kimmorley says
Tom Trbojevic was the star for Manly last week. He gives them so much confidence. Both Manly front rowers (Addin Fonua-Blake and Martin Taupau) can lay the foundation for the Se Eagles. I’m loving watching Damien Cook play. Now he is linking up with players when he runs as well as just darting out of dummy half. Cook’s game is going to than next level. Rabbitohs by 6
Sea Eagles Stat Attack
Cherry-Evans' 20-point haul against the Warriors from two tries and 6/8 goals rocketed him to top spot among NRL point-scorers. DCE leads with 30 points, with Adam Reynolds (28) second.

Rabbitohs Stat Attack
Souths' good early-season form reflects in the numbers they're putting up. The Bunnies lead the competition in points, tries, goals, try assists, support play and line engaged.

And another thing ...
There's an old adage in team sports that the best players have a knack for making those around them better. Just look at Cameron Smith and how Melbourne are always in title contention, regardless of who's around him. Tom Trbojevic is no Cam Smith but he has the same effect on the Sea Eagles if their dominance of the Warriors is any guide. He looms as a huge danger man to the Rabbitohs and the Sea Eagles can't be dismissed when 'Turbo' is humming.

I tell you what - Its been evident in the last couple of years when we put a cricket score it's been up the guts plays with DCE and Tommy pushing up as opposed to scoring many on the flanks. Obviously we lack the speed out wide atm but even if we had 80% of Maumolo/Fusitua type clones on our wings man we could wreak some havoc. Go Manly

If we can knock off the Bunnies, it would be a huge boost for the team. Plus, what better time to start the rebuild of the The Fotress. A win against the Vermin to kick off a winning streak.

C Walker apparently in doubt along with Inglis.
Huge out for them. Week 3 last year was when he tore us apart after we thrashed the Eels 54-0. That was the turning point last season and we never really recovered. Without Walker, the Rabbits lose a lot of strike power.

Huge out for them. Week 3 last year was when he tore us apart after we thrashed the Eels 54-0. That was the turning point last season and we never really recovered. Without Walker, the Rabbits lose a lot of strike power.
He looked to be in a fair amount of discomfort after the tackle.

I was thinking about what to worry about like the quick plays with Cook off the back and Reynolds kicking game, but then....
maybe they should worry -
Tom T in Explosive form....AFB & Kapow running rampant....DCE confident after a great display....the terror of Fainu after 20 mins slicing through big tired Burgess bodies.
Now who's scared @:eek:

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11