PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Rabbits [Round 2, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The only positive other than Davey starting and Cust into the 17 (he s/b starting 9 and Shoe onto the bench) is that If that the Garrick Parker edge is left as is and they get lapped again then surely that is the end for that combination and there will be no choice but to replace them with Walker/Harper/Funa or a mixture there of

47MVEagle

Bencher
Just dont get the insistence on playing Walker at FB & weakening our centres as a result.

Also Croker must have played per Des' instructions last week (passing only & no running from dummy half apart from 1 x 5m run) surely?

If so, what is Des' tactic with that - does he think it speeds up our attack or is he demonstrating his lack of confidence in Croker's creativity & playmaking?

Just dont get the insistence on playing Walker at FB & weakening our centres as a result.

Also Croker must have played per Des' instructions last week (passing only & no running from dummy half apart from 1 x 5m run) surely?

If so, what is Des' tactic with that - does he think it speeds up our attack or is he demonstrating his lack of confidence in Croker's creativity & playmaking?
agreed totally - Walker to Centres - Croker out and Cust in!

47MVEagle

Bencher
The only positive other than Davey starting and Cust into the 17 (he s/b starting 9 and Shoe onto the bench) is that If that the Garrick Parker edge is left as is and they get lapped again then surely that is the end for that combination and there will be no choice but to replace them with Walker/Harper/Funa or a mixture there of

I wonder who Cust will be subbing for - Croker or Foran?

Croker played 80 minutes last week - if Des subs Cust on for him at any point during the game is he saying Croker isnt up to playing a full game?

zfinkels

I must say in all my years as a Manly supporter (now 43) I have never seen such disbelief over selections from fellow supporters than now. The outside back issue was well evident even when we were winning games and Tom was mopping up the mess. The concern now is our strong juniors are going to be discouraged by selections, coaching and management. They are ripe for the picking and won't need much motivation.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
He made two personal changes Keppie and Cust and one to the starting 13 Davey for Jet. For Des that’s pretty darn good! Garrick spared again god knows how. I suspect a poor game this weekend will see him gone. I can cop that list at least changes have been made.

susan

Bencher
Of course they will get lapped on the edge

Speedy roving Walker goes to outside shoulder of a committed but slow Foran , Parker comes in off his man and centre strolls through OR he backpeddles like a bunny in the headlights , runner throws inside ball to fullback with Garrick praying to our Lord and Foz trying to get his weary body off the ground in back play. No cover from inside backrower. TRY!

Rinse and repeat.Over and over again. Luckily they have a terrible coach and won’t play this way lol

Mitchell is no teddy but in these scenarios he’s more dangerous.

Last edited:

TagMonster

Reserve Grader
Surely Funa or Morgan is going to come in at Fullback with Walker to centre and Parker to the farm. Then Foran will ride the bench with Cust to start at 9, Croker to the farm and Schuster to start at 6..... Surely that's his plan..... It's all just a ploy to effectively name the same team right?

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
13 10 3 80 22
13 9 4 110 20
12 7 5 64 18
12 7 5 -37 18
13 7 6 133 16
13 7 6 81 16
13 7 6 47 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 27 15