Practical Suggestions to Improve

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I was thinking more during the week and every week, rather than on game day.
We could clearly see the improvement in Uate. Might be the move to the left with Kelly or could just be the practice he's been putting in but Tom hasn't improved his handling at all since he first came into first grade. Needs to practice catching bombs a lot more often. He already struggles with grubbers due to his height. Don't need the tallest fullback in the game to be soft as foam against the high ball.

Obv, listening to silvertails would solve all problems this quick!!

lol

@:cool:

We could clearly see the improvement in Uate. Might be the move to the left with Kelly or could just be the practice he's been putting in but Tom hasn't improved his handling at all since he first came into first grade. Needs to practice catching bombs a lot more often. He already struggles with grubbers due to his height. Don't need the tallest fullback in the game to be soft as foam against the high ball.
I've noticed that Tom jumps most times a bomb is kicked to him. It's much easier to catch a kick when you stay still. I understand that it is a protection mechanism but I'm sure worrying about being hit, and timing a jump, contribute to his poor hands in recent matches.

I've noticed that Tom jumps most times a bomb is kicked to him. It's much easier to catch a kick when you stay still. I understand that it is a protection mechanism but I'm sure worrying about being hit, and timing a jump, contribute to his poor hands in recent matches.
Stewart has been the safest fullback of the last decade or so. He wasn't the biggest fullback but was always ready to be hit the moment he caught the ball. If only Snake would come in and give Turbo some tips. We've had some great fullbacks but gee, Snake was something special. Turbo still has a long way to go in terms of maturity before he can hold a candle to Snake but he's been blessed with more than enough talent.

4. Related to point 3, I would drill the players in shutting out any dwelling thoughts on perceived negative decisions or bad luck (that's for us fans on the forum). Every time the whistle is blown against us, I would love to see us drilled to immediately ignore the events that brought it up, and race back to position to defend. Any negative thoughts or emotions to be immediately channeled into determination of making the next defensive set the best. Perhaps some trigger word the team shares, that the leader(s) shouts out when he senses any hint of frustration brewing. Upon hearing it, players are reminded of their commitment to this philosophy.

I've stayed away from player selection and positions, as I think there is more than enough written around this... Furthermore, I wanted to focus on small things we could do as a system and work with whoever we have in the team.

Point 4 is exactly the issue we have with this team (as compared to the Lyon/Stewarts team of 5 years ago). We dwell on the negative, whereas 5 years ago we crack it and use the negative. How many times did we win ground with our defence? We'd get a bad call, drop a ball, and in the next set the opposition would not make 20m. Matai, Gift, Watmough, Kite.....they would launch into the attacking team. And they would take out their disappointment on them.

You can see with our current team (and unfortunately Jake is one of the worst) stewing on a bad decision. 5 mins later we still look distracted. Now not picking on Jake as he is my favorite current player, and it shows how much it means, but he needs to compartmentalize.

I hate Shane Warne, but the one thing he could do and what made him great was to compartmentalize. Things going bad off the field? Put in a box in his brain and move on. Bad ball....bad over....move on. Shove it away in a box and concentrate on the future.

Point 4 is exactly the issue we have with this team (as compared to the Lyon/Stewarts team of 5 years ago). We dwell on the negative, whereas 5 years ago we crack it and use the negative. How many times did we win ground with our defence? We'd get a bad call, drop a ball, and in the next set the opposition would not make 20m. Matai, Gift, Watmough, Kite.....they would launch into the attacking team. And they would take out their disappointment on them.

You can see with our current team (and unfortunately Jake is one of the worst) stewing on a bad decision. 5 mins later we still look distracted. Now not picking on Jake as he is my favorite current player, and it shows how much it means, but he needs to compartmentalize.

I hate Shane Warne, but the one thing he could do and what made him great was to compartmentalize. Things going bad off the field? Put in a box in his brain and move on. Bad ball....bad over....move on. Shove it away in a box and concentrate on the future.
Putting it in a box was definitely a passion of his.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12