Ponga asking for a $2 million contract - reports

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
4 years at $2 million is very gettable.

3 years is a bit optimistic.

Brinco's will get him for a 4 year deal worth $1 million on the books......

D

Deleted member 26876

AHH STAY AWAY!!! Nup he just wants the money, bloody hope we never go after him

Mitch

Bencher
Kayln Ponga a DONE DEAL with @NRLKnights - $3.5 million over five years. Richest teenager in #NRL history. @7NewsSydney

Shows the extent the Knights need to pay overs to get talent to the club. They certainly needed something though, so good on them.

NewwyEagle

I sleep in a racing car
They got rid of Uate, picked up Buhrer and just landed one of the nrls hottest young talents. Great off season so far for knights fans. They'll still come last, but Newcastle are definitely trending upwards.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
They got rid of Uate, picked up Buhrer and just landed one of the nrls hottest young talents. Great off season so far for knights fans. They'll still come last, but Newcastle are definitely trending upwards.
Yeah good price buy considering what we paid for Tom Turbo :rotatinglight:SARCASM:rotatinglight:

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
Kayln Ponga a DONE DEAL with @NRLKnights - $3.5 million over five years. Richest teenager in #NRL history. @7NewsSydney

Shows the extent the Knights need to pay overs to get talent to the club. They certainly needed something though, so good on them.

And starting in 2018...Bet they hope he goes well next season.

Mitch

Bencher
And starting in 2018...Bet they hope he goes well next season.

Apparently already asked for a formal release to start at the Knights next year mate. No use the Cowboys putting another year of development into him next year if they know he's gone the following, I would imagine.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Risky move on his part moving to such a weak club

Remember Sione Matautia and Mamo both had big wraps coming through the knights and have stagnated

Holmsey

Bencher
Risky move on his part moving to such a weak club

Remember Sione Matautia and Mamo both had big wraps coming through the knights and have stagnated
Mamo was never anything special he was just fast. Mata'utia is still a great young player just been thrown into the backrow and has proved he is a good forward.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
He's probably got the talent to succeed and a good hooker, half, five eighth or full back is worth the coin. Risk is we've seen what TT can do in first grade. Lot of unanswered questions about a kid who has played two NRL games. Makes our pick up of Omar and Tom Wright for cheap coin as well as probably Locke probably cheaply, seem a masterstroke.

Holmsey

Bencher
Knights this is the reason your in a hole! Signing an unproven rookie who has done nothing in first grade to big money over 5 years!! Silly, silly club.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Very lucky young man, at 18 I was earning $75 a week!!

He's going to earn $14,000 a week for 5 years, so for that reason who gives a **** where he plays!!

Mitch

Bencher
Knights this is the reason your in a hole! Signing an unproven rookie who has done nothing in first grade to big money over 5 years!! Silly, silly club.

Given the spot they're in at the moment, they aren't going to be attracting an established star for 700k, so attracting a player that 'could be' a star in the next year or two is a risk that may see worth taking mate.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Given the spot they're in at the moment, they aren't going to be attracting an established star for 700k, so attracting a player that 'could be' a star in the next year or two is a risk that may see worth taking mate.

Massive money for potential??

Mind you I think the kid can play but gee there's gotta be some risk!!

Mitch

Bencher
Massive money for potential??

Mind you I think the kid can play but gee there's gotta be some risk!!

Absolutely mate, huge risk! But if they continue down the path they're on now, because as I said no established star will go there at the moment, what other option do they have but to take a risk like this one.

It's a signing that could attract other players and they certainly don't have any of those currently.

No risk financially for him, massive risk for his development though given their roster.

D

Deleted member 26876

Yep - similar coin for both, Tom is already on the edge of representative football, while Ponga has played two games (showed some spark admittedly). I'm happy with our investment.
And trbos don't challenge the open market. They signed with us before their contracts were available for other sides whereas ponga is just a money chaser

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12