1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll on NRL.com

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Jethro, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    If Craig Bellamy steps aside as Blues coach after Origin III, who is the man to guide NSW in 2010?

1. Andrew Johns

2. Wayne Bennett

3. Phil Gould

4. Laurie Daley

5. Ricky Stuart

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who would you pick out of that lot or do you have any other suggestions as the next NSW Blues coach? Personally, I think that there is no way in hell that you would get Wayne Bennett to coach NSW. Gus has stated that he will never work for the ARL or NSWRL again for whatever reason I don't know. I think that if either Ricky Stuart or Laurie Daley get the job then I think that I may as well give up on SOO or start supporting QLD. That only leaves Joey Johns and although he was a talented player (yes I know he was on drugs throughout his career) he is an unknown as a coach and is maybe too much of a risk. One suggestion is our Des but I wouldn't want him to be the NSW coach whilst he is coaching Manly. For mine, I think that NSW has to go like QLD and pick a non-NRL coach so that he can concentrate entirely on the NSW team so that makes me lean more towards Joey out of that list as I can't think of anyone else at this point in time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Zep

Zep Active Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Mortimer?

3. OneEyedEagle

OneEyedEagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    Personally I wouln't like to see any of the following coaching the blues Jethro, 2 through 5. I'm not to certain about Andrew Johns but he would add vauable experience.

I like Zep's idea of S.Mortimer and surely Dessie should get a crack at it.

4. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    I agree that Des should get a go sometime but just not whilst he is coaching Manly. The NSW coach needs to be independent from the NRL competition just like QLD does with Mal in my opinion.

5. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    I like the idea of someone like Steve Folkes. No club and he has been there!

6. gomanly

gomanly Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bring back Tommy! he can be the "head coach" as long as we have the brains behind him he can bring the passion we lack!

7. CliffyIsGod

CliffyIsGod Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Daley has been selector assistant for a while now, and has done nothing of note.

Give it to Gould.

8. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Gould will only come back if he is given deity status by the NSWRL. I can't see it happening. I'm with CW and Folkes putting up his hand might be the go.

It was interesting listening to Hannant talk about the Maroon preparations on Sunday. Mal holds a number of dinners with players who could be in Qld contention and tells them how they are going and what they need to do. This is repeated leading up to the series. It is in direct contrast to NSW who tell the players absolutely nothing until the names are read out. We need a complete overhaul of our structure and thinking behind how the team is brought together.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    john cartwright

10. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    I like the idea of Mortimer

Of the list above, Gus is the only one I would want there. All others should never be mentioned for the job, Stuart cant even coach the Sharks and Daley cant even select a decent team

11. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    bit far for Folkes to commute CW,

he is currently the West Indies cricket teams fitness coach.

12. Jethro

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    Gus stated on the Sunday Roast the other day that he will never work for the ARL or NSWRL again. I don't know what the go was between that lot but he was pretty adamant that he would never work for them.

Agree with the suggestion of Steve Mortimer.

13. ConcernedSupporter

ConcernedSupporter Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    LMAO Go on bring in Andrew Johns.
    (then let's get Matt to coach the pre-game bonding session)

With his "special" training methods all the guys would be running at 100 kms an hour and feeling no pain.

Hell NSW wouldn't even need 4 blokes on the bench the starting 13 could get the job done.