Poll added - Sea Eagles Everyone in League jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

how does this play out?

• the religious 7 ride into the sunset and never play for Manly again

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • the religious 7 are all reinstated next week with no hard feelings

Votes: 132 69.1%
  • Vlandys goes ahead with his Pride Round next year

Votes: 36 18.8%
  • Manly use the Everyone in League jersey forever more

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • one or 2 of the 7 are sacked as ringleaders

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • all or most accept some enlightenment on the issue and will wear the jersey in future

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Manly never mention Everyone in League again...

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • Several players sek immediate release from Manly

Votes: 23 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any legitimacy to these stories? Has there been a statement from the club. I know this is provoking a lot of reaction from us. But wait for a verified club source instead of journos looking for click bait.

That being said, I'd be very disappointed if it is true. As has been mentioned, they play on a ground named after alcohol, sponsored by a gambling agency, and play on Sundays.... and they are offended by colours on their jersey?

Everyone has their right to religious beliefs, not debating that. But hypocrisy to draw the line at a rainbow.

Last edited:
T
Could be some interesting viewing in coming weeks with a few of these 7 players,given the court case that kicked off today.I wonder if their beliefs will hold strong if a certain person is found guilty?
Hat person is a good example of our club's willingness to put talent above character... and hasn't it worked well for us...

A team filled with Islander boys whose religious beliefs - regardless of whether right or wrong - are very well known.

But NOBODY thought to check with them before trumpeting a gay pride jersey?

Seriously?

Didn't once enter the thought process?

That takes the cake for the dumbest piece of club management in history.

Game gone.

Season gone.

Sponsors potentially gone.

Fans not far behind.

So to be clear we are saying sexuality is the same as religion? Both are choices?

I understand points around indoctrination however religion is a choice and we are comparing it to something that is not a choice? Also as we know Christians are a highly marginalised group....
I never said both are choices but there are many personality traits and characteristics that "i feel" people are born with that i either don't agree with or don't want to relate or associate with and that is my right.

Your point is? It is a public holiday - I would be happy to take any public holiday off.

I respect people who have religious beliefs but not when they intrude on my life.

I do not understand the stance of people who are willing to play in a game funded by gambling and alcohol but this is too much?
Their faith may not have a problem with alcohol. There are lots of faith groups who dont. Some even accept gambling. The local Cathos had a bingo morning for years. But faith groups have different views on hot button issues. It's far too easy to write them of as hypocrites, then we dont have to respect them or their views.

Having said all that, it would maybe be better if we heard from these guys and Des tomorrow. We don't know what their reasons are or not are. Too much has been said today by blowhards - me included.

B27F03C3-2805-4B92-B1D2-D073E93B8568.jpeg

For me this jersey change was a marketing cash grab; not about inclusivity.
What's next; a green jersey to promote climate change? A Teal jersey to support a political party?
Haven't we got too many jerseys already? We have an Indigenous one. We have a Retro one. We had a black one to support a gambling sponsor. A few years back we had a jersey to promote a movie!
Apparently the marketing 'gurus' didn't inform the players of this latest version. IMO the club is totally to blame for putting potential merchandising revenue ahead of what players, and supporters like me want. And that is to play in our traditional maroon and white non-politicalised jersey.

Their faith may not have a problem with alcohol. There are lots of faith groups who dont. Some even accept gambling. The local Cathos had a bingo morning for years. But faith groups have different views on hot button issues. It's far too easy to write them of as hypocrites, then we dont have to respect them or their views.

Having said all that, it would maybe be better if we heard from these guys and Des tomorrow. We don't know what their reasons are or not are. Too much has been said today by blowhards - me included.
Agree we need to wait

Your point is? It is a public holiday - I would be happy to take any public holiday off.

I respect people who have religious beliefs but not when they intrude on my life.

I do not understand the stance of people who are willing to play in a game funded by gambling and alcohol but this is too much?
Players deciding not to play are not intruding into your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11