Please stay Marty

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
He played really well last night. He's a top clubman, but if there is one position in which we are strong it's prop. We have Tenterfield waiting for his chance, and some other likely lads in development.

Is finally back to his 2017 form. So happy for the guy and the club who are paying him handsomely. He has stepped up and is earning his keep.
He has earned the right to see out his deal. I hope we have stopped shopping him around.
I hear we have not gone into the hunt for big recruitment and recently dropped off a couple of big names , on the basis those who make the calls at Manly, are very content and happy with the players currently within the Manly sysem and simply want to retain the players here now and those talented players coming through yet to be unleashed....this I take it, includes Kapow...

Never liked the idea of shopping Marty around. Offers to much and is a good example to the younger pacific islander heritage fellows, (better than the church anyway)
Just like letting Api go hit us hard unexpectedly, just because we are well stoked in the forwards now, whats to say doing the same with Kapow wouldnt come back to bite us.
Sometimes it's better to hold onto a known quantity.

Never liked the idea of shopping Marty around. Offers to much and is a good example to the younger pacific islander heritage fellows, (better than the church anyway)
Just like letting Api go hit us hard unexpectedly, just because we are well stoked in the forwards now, whats to say doing the same with Kapow wouldnt come back to bite us.
Sometimes it's better to hold onto a known quantity.
We were looking at middle and edge forwards but the way Aloiai, Tent, Quac, Sipley and Keppie have been performing to go with Shuster as an edge forward and Davey to come back who I rate, plenty of talent there. Boyle and Jetski's place are the ones in danger and Siro will have to also prove his worth for a new contract. Have some great young forwards coming through the juniors as well.

We were looking at middle and edge forwards but the way Aloiai, Tent, Quac, Sipley and Keppie have been performing to go with Shuster as an edge forward and Davey to come back who I rate, plenty of talent there. Boyle and Jetski's place are the ones in danger and Siro will have to also prove his worth for a new contract. Have some great young forwards coming through the juniors as well.

Prefer Boyle and Jetski go rather than Kapow. At full strength we can give anyone a run for their money as we are showing.

To me it seems his form has picked up since he shopped himself around and had no takers. He must have realised the grass ain't greener and should just be happy where he is. He is even celebrating in the team song with more enthusiasm than he has for years. He is definitely back to his best form and is a key re signing. Moving him to the bench has also been a master stroke! We look such a well rounded side at the moment.

Plz don't let go of Marty. The bloke is back to elite form, him being part of the substitute forward rotation has made him turn into a different beast. I love it. We need to keep him for a couple more years. He's a forward leader and also a leader to most of our islander boys in our team (slapping Suli when Suli tried grubbing Benji) which I love to see. We got some deadwood we have to let go off at the end of this year and surely that gives us the cap space to lock in Marty.

Not sure where the idea of Manly shop
To me it seems his form has picked up since he shopped himself around and had no takers. He must have realised the grass ain't greener and should just be happy where he is. He is even celebrating in the team song with more enthusiasm than he has for years. He is definitely back to his best form and is a key re signing. Moving him to the bench has also been a master stroke! We look such a well rounded side at the moment.

I am sure Marty will have plenty of takers, just not at his current asking price.
I think he realises he on big pay next year so will put his best foot forward for Manly.
No idea what happens the year after

If any player doesn't want to stay at the club, no matter how good they are (for example, AFB), then I'm not against them moving on. It doesn't make sense to keep people around if they don't want to buy in. So here's hoping Marty doesn't want to go and that the club wants to keep him around. If both parties want the same thing, it shouldn't be too hard a deal to work out.

Well the coin he is on at Manly for next season is not something other clubs would have wanted to pay going off his early season form so yeah I think you’re right about no takers. It’s a case of other clubs saying “Marty we’ll have you but not at that price” so it’s in his best interests to play his heart and soul out to keep his deal going forward.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11