Playing on one leg

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Tonight was an absolute pathetic all round effort from the boys, BUT, how many of the Manly boys were playing on one leg. They couldn't get into the game at all despite the efforts of Killer. Overall it will go down as the worst finals let down I can ever remember. On a good note, I'll take Richie Fa'aoso over T Rex every day of the week. He was an abomination out there tonight.

Good years ahead and I'm stoked we have signed up some young talent. Great effort by Tooves to get us as far as he did. Injuries really knocked us around this year, We'll be back! Go Bunnies!

i agree.. i just could not believe the game, we could not play worse if we tried.. reminds me of 09.. oh well.. i guess you need the lows to enjoy the highs..

well done this year toovey - you did not deserve that

well done lads, snake,matai,killer etc, tafua had a shocker but is a champ and will be back

after tonight i'm not concerned losing trex, his heart is not in it like most of the boys.. glenn was def injured, he hasnt been right for weeks..

the dogs will win the gf, i hope the storm do, i hate both teams, but unlike the dogs i actually respect the storm as well as hate them.. but the dogs will win - thats footy

next season we will be hungry.

caspersparks said:
the dogs will win the gf, i hope the storm do, i hate both teams, but unlike the dogs i actually respect the storm as well as hate them.. but the dogs will win - thats footy

I think that I feel the same. :(

Well, if the Dogs get up over the Rabbits then this year's GF will be the battle of the Cap Cheats.

Melbourne should win it. They have played the best finals football so far. C-B would have to play out of their collective skins tomorrow night to give you any confidence that they could beat Melbourne.

Jethro said:
caspersparks said:

I think that I feel the same. :(

Well, if the Dogs get up over the Rabbits then this year's GF will be the battle of the Cap Cheats.

I think Melbourne will win it hands down.

Darren said:
We will feel even worse if the Storm get smshed. At least them winning it makes us feel a tad better.
And continue the dominance of Melbourne and Manly that's been in place for quite a while now. I wonder what the Storm will offer Bellyache to stay if he gets them a win in the big one? Bloody Des and Bellamy, you have to hand it to them, they're good at what they do.

That was the best performance I have seen from the Storm. They are motivated to redeem their reputation. Bellyache is a driven coach. I tip the storm , and I hope they smash the dogs.

I think Melbourne under 8's could have beaten us last night, so wouldn't be getting too carried away with Melbournes chances next week on that performance. They won't get gifted a mistake riddled opposition two weeks in a row.

I'll be cheering for whomever wins tonight, can't stand Melbourne and especially can't stand that grub Slater.

Chip and Chase said:
I think Melbourne under 8's could have beaten us last night, so wouldn't be getting too carried away with Melbournes chances next week on that performance. They won't get gifted a mistake riddled opposition two weeks in a row.

I'll be cheering for whomever wins tonight, can't stand Melbourne and especially can't stand that grub Slater.

I disagree maybe their under 6's would have beaten us in a closer game than last night.

I cannot cheer for or watch any other team than my Manly side.

All in all a year that turned out better than expected. I am thrilled to see the back end of She Rex. His efforts the last 5 or 6 weeks have been diabolical. I agree that a lot of the team seems to have been less than 100%. I don't think Glenn has been right since he hurt his knee. Hopefully a long off season will see him back to his best. I worry about the depth for next year, there seem to be a lot of guys with first grade experience leaving..Anyway must away for now to go and renew my membership.

Matai couldn't move very well at all once he was hurt. Melb went through his centre position so many times. Why keep him out there? Even a 2nd rower would have done.

weev said:
That was the best performance I have seen from the Storm. They are motivated to redeem their reputation. Bellyache is a driven coach. I tip the storm , and I hope they smash the dogs.

Bellamy wouldn't abandon his team. He's far too loyal for that. As long as Melbourne will have him, he'll be there. Even IF he has issues with the mechanations of any board he has to work with.

It's about character.

Some have it. Some don't.

Shoe1 said:
Matai couldn't move very well at all once he was hurt. Melb went through his centre position so many times. Why keep him out there? Even a 2nd rower would have done.

I've always been a fan of carrying a half or back on the bench. Melbourne do it with Hinchcliffe and Quinn at times.

I honestly don't get what Buhrer is. Ok, he plays dummy 1/2, but I believe Ballin plays better when aiming up for 80 minutes.

Buhrer is too small for the forwards, and too slow for the backs. He gets dominated and man handled in tackles.

Love him, don't get me wrong, but I just don't get his role.

Then again, our entire backrow (which I considered our strength) has been mis-firing quite a bit (Choc, Williams, Stewart, Buhrer).

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8