1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Players we let go.

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Top End Eagle, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Top End Eagle

Top End Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942 / 40
    Pleading ignorance here because I'm lucky to get to watch the recorded manly game after everyone else is asleep in my household, but I listen to a few games on the radio and catch up with the highlights on fix and the NRL app, but...

How are the players we let go doing. Obviously not talking about watmough and gift but blokes like Horo (anyone up with super league), hasson, Sao, Lui,Hiku (can't say I've seen a Penrith game in full this year), Gutho (looks to be finding his feet after a knee recon) and the player I most highly rated of that Manly let go Sene Lafao?

Anyone know how they are playing or see how pearsal went for the Knights last week. Cheers.

2. Turbo

Turbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568 / 497
    Pearsell is crap
    Horo good
    Sao injured
    Lui ok
    Hasson lol
    Hiku good
    Gutho lol

That's my wrap on them players not many loses

3. JenEagle

JenEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,631 / 45
    I think Gutho is not too bad and potential to get better. Wish we'd kept one of either Gutho or Hiku.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. Boxley

Boxley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +462 / 55
    Hiku is the only player I would have kept.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,281 / 44
    Don't forget Forme.

I don't think JSL has played a game yet for the Sharks has he ? Hiku going well, as to be expected, the kid is pretty handy. Sao hasn't had a run yet either AFAIK. Ballin - still injured. Lui has had a couple of starts off the bench for Dragons. Gutho is just hanging around footballers (as do most wingers), holding his own.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CBreeagles

CBreeagles Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,116 / 58
    Sao played today off the bench limited minutes and limited impact.

7. Peter C

Peter C Well-Known Member

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +741 / 16
    Apart from Hiku, none of the others are a great loss

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    If Gutherson is so terrible maybe we should have bombed his side a thousand times the other night.... Oh hang on :s

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Hiku is going great, he has really stepped up a gear in his natural centre position.

Blair, Ballin, Sao, Jesse, Lui all got inured in the pre season and are just starting to play off the bench.

Ligi went OK in hus limited time, as did Lui who has been there a few times.

Saw Jesse come off the bench a few weeks back, but again playing very few minutes.

Pearsall has no chance of shining at the Knights as they are all helter skelter.

Gutho holds his own,but needs to bulk up.

KF left emotionally in 2014 and belongs at Parra :sick:

Hiku is a huge loss to Manly. He scores in almost every game and his defense has really lifted :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,735 / 125
    Hasson has lost his goat photos it would seem.

11. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,307 / 51
    Letting Gutho go is a big mistake. He is still young and would have slotted into the team within 2 seasons, he was safe as a bank against us the other night and hopefully he will be back in maroon and white before too long. We cant afford to let quality juniors like him go. I think it was an error not to retain Will Pearsall as well too cause he had built a really good combination with Tommy Turbo in the Holden cup team.

I know we cant keep them all but it is so irritating to see our good juniors playing in teams that we despise!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Red Pill

Red Pill Optimist & Troll Inquisitor

Ratings:
    +431 / 15
    I think Gutho has lost some of his pace and agility maybe one of the reasons we let him go.
    Think he will do well at the Squeels but no Tom Turbo.

• Like Like x 1