Players feigning injury ( penalty ).

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
A simple rule change would fix this.

Players who claim they are injured by an opposing player are immediately sent to the sideline for an assessment by a Doctor and that side plays 1 short for the time they are being assessed.

Does not apply in the obvious high tackle / shoulder charge situation which is called by the referee anyway.

Players might think twice about “ grabbing their leg / neck and crying for a penalty “
only to get up immediately that’s awarded and play like nothing ever happened.

I see so much of this now , in every game , we are getting worse than soccer.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
The blatant cheating we see now is a blight on the game. The donkey who carried on to win a penalty which ultimately helped decide the game is a prime example that players like that should be penalised for this as a deterrent to others.

The game is now all about it as players know you cannot punch anymore and the nigglers get freedom to provoke others!

In this day and age any knock to the head that is hard enough to result in a penalty must be assumed to be a potential concussion and HIA protocols should be automatic. That will eliminate those that stay down and clutch heads, jaws etc feigning injury.

On the opposite side of the coin, if a player is legitimately injured and gets up to avoid a HIA the bunker and doctors monitor them anyway and can stop play and enforce the protocols.

Like in football, where a trainer is required to come onto the field, the injured player must leave the field and wait until the referee waves them on. NRL should do likewise, except the player waits until a break in play. That could actually be one tackle, or a couple of sets. Will stop the milkers.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
It's getting out of hand along with players waving their arms about after every tackle like parra trying to milk a penalty.
The game is slowing getting ruined, along with this and the bunker looking at everything frame by frame trying to find a reason to be relevant.

If you stayed down in the 70s and 80s you would get called a girl and to get up and run it off even by your own team mates, now you are expected to stay down and roll around in agony to try and get a penalty.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
I’d rather lose the game than have one of our players stay down. I hate it more than anything else in the game. Even when our players do it, I’m usually screaming get up and play the ball!!! It’s the definition of poor sportsmanship and not what the game should be built on. Any player that has ever feigned injury to earn a penalty, should hang their head in shame.

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
Its not just the game being woke & the NRL rule changes.
The woke players are contributing just as much.
Mincers.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Drawing a long bow there, between woke* and feigning injuries. I don’t quite get the connection.

*Here is a brief summary of its meaning from Wikipedia:

“Woke is an adjective derived from African-American Vernacular English (AAVE) originally meaning alertness to racial prejudice and discrimination.[1] Beginning in the 2010s, it came to encompass a broader awareness of social inequalities such as racial injustice, sexism, and denial of LGBT rights. Woke has also been used as shorthand for some ideas of the American Left involving identity politics and social justice, such as white privilege and reparations for slavery in the United States.[2][3][4]

No mention of footballers feigning injury.

Chunkytuna

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
A simple rule change would fix this.

Players who claim they are injured by an opposing player are immediately sent to the sideline for an assessment by a Doctor and that side plays 1 short for the time they are being assessed.

Does not apply in the obvious high tackle / shoulder charge situation which is called by the referee anyway.

Players might think twice about “ grabbing their leg / neck and crying for a penalty “
only to get up immediately that’s awarded and play like nothing ever happened.

I see so much of this now , in every game , we are getting worse than soccer.
I'd modify that slightly to say that yes the player must come off for a minimum of 15 mins, however they can be replaced. Reason being, is you can't punish a team if the person is actually injured and not all injuries are a result of blatant foul play (high tackles, shoulder charges etc).

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
The 1 that I really hate is where the player refes to play the ball, holding on for a replay so the bunker or officials can give them a penalty....they basically refuse to play the ball and just hold up the game, then after winning the penalty jump straight to the feet 100% fine - like 'The boy who cried Wolf" and after a while I think it adds a 'soft" edge to our game and is a bad look for the player involved.
I am with Mark but personally feel the player in question is replaced for 10 minutes as a precaution as it could be a severe issue and need to be looked at thouroughly by the doctors.
I heard James Graham once say 'Let's embarress them out of it, stop the game and get the medicab out to pick them up and wheel that injured player from the field.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 6 -39 14