PLayer exits

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cambo said:
Roast are saying word is Brett to dragons. Would hate to see him leave but could live with that he's a gong boy. Anywhere but the dogs
Is the Roast always right ????

I kind of agree with the sentiment here. If a player wants out, then leave. It's hard to have an affinity with players who's desire isn't to remain.

That's what footy is all about, isn't it? Us vs. them? Our community, and all that?

It's funny, Choc has that attitude, and that's magnetising. Beaver had it. Guys like Lockyer and Hindmarsh have/had it. Those players are the reason I loved this sport.

Yeah, I know it's a business, and there's income etc etc etc to consider, but I'm not a player, I'm a fan, wanting to have an affinity with players and fellow fans.

Right or wrong, that's my opinion on the subject. Going from media reports, we'll have 3 players left by seasons end.

Cambo said:
Roast are saying word is Brett to dragons. Would hate to see him leave but could live with that he's a gong boy. Anywhere but the dogs

agreed. But again still just speculaution so let's not worry just yet

Again just speculation but the roast also said strong mail about Teo going to the dogs.
Would have to chew up more of their cap if true, thus reducing their power to pillage our players - again I know still just speculation though.

I wonder if Lussick has already signed his contract with the roosters? Based on today's performance he isn't worth $270k pa.

King and Kite outplayed him massively. Also some good young props in toyota cup as well.

OK. We lose some star players, but there is a huge nursery in NZ waiting for their chance. We can recruit from there and keep some money in the salary cap.

The Dogs have reportedly signed Bronco Ben Teo for next season.

That with SBW and JWH rumours, plus Stewarts and Foran they must have a Storm like cap.

Foran doesn't want to go. It would have to be a massive offer from the dogs which they'd be silly to make considering they need to build almost a whole team and can't have that much room left.

The Brett to the Dragons thing I've heard before. I hope it's not true but after Stanleys performance the other night, they'd be silly not to consider it. They should have some more cap space than the dogs too.

Snake going to the Dragons makes less sense to me than the Bulldogs. I can understand wanting to follow a coach, heaps of players have done that but surely he doesn't miss the gong that much? Makes even less sense the Dragons being interested in paying huge money to a bloke whose long term future must be questionable at best and surely you woudn't rule out Kyle Stanley after one game at fullback. If that was the case we would have punted Snake after his debut as well.

Sheikheagle said:
Good News - Just read in the herald that Snake is in negotiations to stay at Brookie until 2014.

Lets hope their is an announcement soon.

It will further boost spirits.

This will elevate Brett to an all-time great sea eagle in my eyes. Wait there maybe he already is.

Id love for us to keep Foran and DCE, after watching Glenn come off on sunday it made me realise how much we genuinely need him. If we could resign the stewart brothers and our halves that would be awesome, im amost resound to the fact that Lussick will be going, and if Joe cant get his injury soreted them we may have to part ways.

I agree here, Manly fans stuck by Brett Stewart and lived the highs and lows with him, it will be sad if he goes, though I guess you can't blame him for doing what he feels is best for him.
It will just be hard to see him in any other colours and it would feel a little like our support and encouragement for him in the tough times he faced, would have been for nothing.

I've long since learnt that we do things for others because we want to see them happy and successful, whether they are a best friend or favourite sporting identity. That said...they owe us nothing in return, personally I hope Brett feels a sense of camaraderie at the club, cause imo that's what makes a great player even greater..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6