1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pick the Best NSW Team for Today & Not the Future.

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Aetna, May 4, 2012.

1. Aetna

Aetna Active Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    NSW should simply pick it's best State of Origin team for today & not tomorrow, no matter if the players are 24 or 34 years of age.
    NSW seem to be always rebuilding.

2. lismore_fan

lismore_fan Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +206 / 1
    NSW selectors are always retro-active. Their selections seem to contain last year's stars - whoever wins the GF the previous year gets a major selection - not the current leaders of the comp table.

The year AFTER St Geo won the GF they had heaps in, about ten, I think. Melb & Manly were on top in the then-current table and hardly got a look in.

Like many other posters, I hope we DON'T get any/ many selections.

3. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Given there is strong talk about Carney getting the 6 and Stewart getting the 1 and no players being picked just for the future that i can think of i cant see where you are coming from

4. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,744 / 57
    1. B Stewart
    2. A Uate
    3. M Jennings
    4. J Morris
    5. B Morris
    6. T Carney
    7. P Wallace
    8. Weyman
    9. G Bird
    10.P Gallen
    11. A Watmough
    12. R Hoffman
    13. G Stewart

14. T Williams
    15. J Tamou
    16. R Hinchcliff
    17. T Sims

This team will smash QLD but unfortunately the NSW selectors are to pissweak to pick the form players.

5. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    Hoffman? You're kidding.

6. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    Haha Hoffman.

Hoffman was found out at Origin level even before he went over to the UK. Hoffman over Lewis is nearly as bad as Greg Bird at hooker. Bird should be in the side, but hooker? Haha, I don't think so.

7. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    Hoffman and Creagh have had more than enough chances and have produced nothing. If either of them are picked i give up on NSW

8. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,744 / 57
    If you think Ennis,Farrah or Buderus are gona lead the NSW pack then there is no hope. None of those players are good enough for origin.

9. Aetna

Aetna Active Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    When Danny Buderus was mentioned as the NSW State of Origin hooker so many were criticizing the thought. Even the Australian Coach said he will be too old next year & the following. Who the hell cares about next years State of Origin. Let's pick the best team to win in 2012 & if that means picking Willie Mason, Danny Buderus or Anthony Minichello, so be it.