Phone call with Lyall Gorman

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well done mate, and very well done Lyall.

I know previous CEO’s were avid readers of Silvertails and hope he is as well ( providing he can pick himself up off the floor after reading the doom and gloom).

Keeping members and fans in the loop will help immensely as we’ve almost been eating each other alive the last few weeks.

Thanks for the update @NYEagle

Thanks for the update NYE, much appreciated.

I watched the NRL.com interview last night and was pleased with what I heard Gorman say.

He was honest up front. He got grilled about Hastings but answered all questions. They were lighting media fires, but he put them out fairly quickly.

He mentioned in that interview that we are expecting some announcements in the next few weeks regarding Lottoland. He also said the club is investigating the fact that the surface at brooky may be contributing the ACL injuries, and have hired a sport scientist to look into it.

He said the club is looking to take advantage of the 30 June deadline and are expecting some other clubs to offload players. The club may seek a veteran player (as we have the youngest squad in the league), but also wants to build leaders in the team, and invest in the development squad.

They dont want to bring players from the development squad into the 30 as they are worried about their long term health and welfare if they are not NRL ready.

The Injury crisis has taken a toll. The salary cap stuff is frustrating as its limiting recruitment, however the club is expecting some clarity in the next few weeks.

Always thought we were in good hands with lyle, I think he or the club misstepped in the handling and management of the Gladstone and Hastings issues, but there seems to be a game plan in place now. I still think our club needs more resources thrown at it and perhaps an upping of the budget in football department, but I trust this is in hand.

Perhaps my only query left whilst waiting for these announcements and actions is exactly what user snake was alluding to the other day in regards to barrett in the sack Barrett thread, snake obviously has a source at the club and he wouldn't have posted it if there wasn't some merit to it.

I mean we lose a few games, a few of the boys go and watch a few nude old slappers in Gladstone and suddenly we wont have a club anymore. Yep, makes sense. I'm still interested in buying Eastern side Harbour Bridge.....

I suppose that's all they have up there in Gladstone

Hi guys

I just had a 10 minute conversation with Lyall Gorman by phone after sending him a direct message about my concerns.

What a gentleman. He is transparent to the Manly fans and I can assure you that he cares about the future of this club a lot.

He was positive about several aspects (and I did not ask for detail)

* the club is strong and going along well despite what you are hearing
* there are rock solid strategies in place for Lottoland that will be revealed within weeks
* he does not seem concerned. He has seen it all before with the Sharks and this is nowhere near as bad as that, and he turned that around
* a message will be going out to members to update on these kinds of matters

We of course need to give it time, but I am hopeful after speaking with him.

I did leave him with the message that I hope he gets in there and exercises his influence more, because I am unhappy with who seems to be the influencers right now. Read my recent posts on that.

I guess it all starts with a strong and defining performance this weekend and hopefully a win.

NYEagle

NB: out of respect for him and his time I won't give out his contact info. However I may call him at a later date. He was receptive to that. So if there anything anyone wants to pass on any messagesperhaps I'll pass the hat around in few weeks. I'll let you know. Hopefully we can talk good stuff. Let's see.
Tell him Silvertails is awesome and he should be promoting us to the fans

Last edited:
Hi guys

I just had a 10 minute conversation with Lyall Gorman by phone after sending him a direct message about my concerns.

What a gentleman. He is transparent to the Manly fans and I can assure you that he cares about the future of this club a lot.

He was positive about several aspects (and I did not ask for detail)

* the Gladstone thing was a media blowup
* the club is strong and going along well despite what you are hearing
* there are rock solid strategies in place for Lottoland that will be revealed within weeks
* he does not seem concerned. He has seen it all before with the Sharks and this is nowhere near as bad as that, and he turned that around
* a message will be going out to members to update on these kinds of matters

We of course need to give it time, but I am hopeful after speaking with him.

I did leave him with the message that I hope he gets in there and exercises his influence more, because I am unhappy with who seems to be the influencers right now. Read my recent posts on that.

I guess it all starts with a strong and defining performance this weekend and hopefully a win.

NYEagle

NB: out of respect for him and his time I won't give out his contact info. However I may call him at a later date. He was receptive to that. So if there anything anyone wants to pass on any messagesperhaps I'll pass the hat around in few weeks. I'll let you know. Hopefully we can talk good stuff. Let's see.
Nice work NY and great to get direct feedback from a leader like Lyle ,would love to know how he feels about our chances in the appeal ,but i guess that wouldn't be for publication anyway .
Good job !

Well done NYeagle.

A lot of us on here I think had the same thoughts that the media is just blowing everything way out of proportion to sell their stories.

What make me more angry is that if you tune into Fox NRL programs we have to put up with so much dribble, like this last night from Yvonne Sampson "Isn't it wonderful to see parra winning again, they look so happy. Its great for Rugby league!" WTF!! Can you imagine if Manly win their next two matches, no way they write or talk about anything positive, NRL and greenturd and the media will try and find something else negative to bring us down

Can you ask him that if worst comes to worst, than would the club ever contemplate bringing back Toovey or is that a broken bridge

He appears to be a brilliant boss, we've bought him at the best time possible

Hmmm, as opposed to the CEO of the football club telling some random fan the following:

* the club is weak and is in dire straits, believe what you are hearing
* there are absolutely no strategies in place for Lottoland
* he is super f***ing concerned. He has never seen anything worse and wishes he never left the the Sharks
* a message will be going out to members to update on these kinds of matters in the same "timely" and open way we have been doing it so far

p.s. NY Eagle, if you are interested in expanding your property portfolio in Sydney, I have a bridge to sell. Prime location with harbour views, one owner, recently refurbished, hardly used, can promise a good deal for a cash buyer.
AE, go and have a chat with Woodsie he might take the bridge in a package deal with the Eastern Suburbs.
Check his post up this thread,
Cheers,
NYEagle

# Lyall is talking the game up ,Greenburg would be proud or is this not what he meant ?????

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8