Phil Hughes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
yes Volley I 100% agree the majority of gooduns are from our great state, but occasionally the others can throw one out.

By your reckoning our next wicketkeeper will be Daniel Smith :), as opposed to Tim Paine or Mathew Wade, both Tasmanians. Ferguson is a Sth Australian (although busted at the moment), the 2 marsh boys from WA are ok, and The Vics are current sheild champs.

speaking of the Next BIG thing, did anyone see Cosgrove on TV last night, he looks like he ate a sheep, and then a cow for dessert :)

Smith will play sooner rather than later, not as convinced on Khuwaja yet

Fro link said:
yes Volley I 100% agree the majority of gooduns are from our great state, but occasionally the others can throw one out.

By your reckoning our next wicketkeeper will be Daniel Smith :), as opposed to Tim Paine or Mathew Wade, both Tasmanians. Ferguson is a Sth Australian (although busted at the moment), the 2 marsh boys from WA are ok, and The Vics are current sheild champs.

speaking of the Next BIG thing, did anyone see Cosgrove on TV last night, he looks like he ate a sheep, and then a cow for dessert :)

Smith will play sooner rather than later, not as convinced on Khuwaja yet

Haha Dan Smith, I'm hoping by the time Haddin gives it up NSW have un-earthed the next Keeper. I rate Paine though, next in line for sure. Not big on Wade, hit it alright the other night, but he struggles to hit anything through the off side.

The Vics are lucky they have a handy line-up without any top notchers who should be in the Australian side. For a State with a pretty handy population their cricketers aren't much chop.

Khawaja's got the best technique for a young batsmen I've seen in a long, long time. Seems to have a good head as well. I think he can take over from Ponting when he gives it up.

He's a muslim so I'm pretty sure he is of Paki origin, not sure whether born here or over there though.

Let's hope he loses a leg or something or we'll have to endure a career of tokenism el masri style.  You can just imagine that Pom bloke wetting himself about the wonders of multicultarlism every time he pushes the ball through the covers.

Well you'd have to wonder about the chances of a non-drinker making the inner clique of the baggy green. That's presuming that he is not just a muslim of convenience.

He is born in Pakistan, is 23 so fairly young still.

NSW state side has a lot of younger players in it right now, looks like they will be a strong side over the next few years

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Some of the commentary is unbelievable

Watching this morning, state of the game, Australia 127 Pakistan 0/80 and all I heard from Chappell and co was \"they should be doing this\" etc, I would say they were doing pretty bloody well

Highlight of the mornings commentary was listening to Bill talking about his Pigeons haha

Over here it can be interesting to listen too at times, because at the end of an over, while you must be getting ads, we are not and the guys are chatting away thinking they are off air. They zoomed in on a chick in the crowd once and you could hear Grieg \"Oh yeah, good work, zoom in a bit more\". During 1 of the last 2 tests North dropped a catch which they analyzed during the over as being a tough chance, poor technique etc, but at the end of the over you could hear Taylor telling them what an awful effort it was

Tony Greig is a moron. I remember a clanger of his a few years ago when the camera zoomed in on a couple who were having their wedding reception or something just behind the oval were the game was, and the lady happened to be of asian persuasion. His off the cuff comment was something like "looks like she has just been flown in", unfortunately for the stupid lanky goose it wasn't a break in play like he assumed and it went live to air. He must thank his lucky stars that he sold his soul to Packer during WSC and secured a job for life, because he wouldn't get a gig commentating marbles, let alone cricket, anywhere else. He is the worst commentator on the team by far, and then we have to listen to him flog that god awful "exclusive memorabilia" that his company produces. Beautifully framed exclusives such as pieces of Ricky Pontings chewing gum spat on the ground during his walk back to the pavillion following his golden duck in the Sydney Test. Limited edition of 2367, available on a monthly payment plan. The sooner he goes completely senile and gets committed the better.

I don't mind Grieg tbh, after years of listening to the 12th Man I find it hard to hate he and Bill haha

Would be punting Nicholas, Taylor, Healy and Chappell before him

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=178961.msg212786#msg212786 date=1237089278]
Magill didn't play as Warne was always going to be in the team ahead of him. It had nothing to do with the inconguity of his habits etc as compared to the rest of them.
  Nonsense.  His principled stance against touring Zimbabwe led to a couple of years in the wilderness for instance.

TBH, faced with a night at home with Rachel Friend and a bottle of shiraz or being showered with XXX by dickheads, I know which option I'd choose. 
[/quote]
Zimbabwe ???? i wouldnt go to that ****hole if u paid me
if you an example of the typical Rhodesian Mata
i think genocide is the only answer :)

Pretty sure a bloke who was first picked at near 30 just won us a test match that seemed impossible to win???

What does it matter what age he is?? He gets ****loads of runs... if not voges than next in line must be George Bailey.

Nutzcraw link said:
Pretty sure a bloke who was first picked at near 30 just won us a test match that seemed impossible to win???

What does it matter what age he is?? He gets S**tloads of runs... if not voges than next in line must be George Bailey.

Haha ****load of runs?

He's scored 135 runs @ 31 this Shield season. That average is boosted by his 114* he got one knock. Scores of 8, 114*, 10, 2 and 1 are hardly the scores from someone who deserves test selection.

too old

the recent idea of bringing in 30 year olds when in form then dropping them 12months later has led to a very unsettled side.

In the good old days you came in at 21 then got dropped a year later then came back at 23/4 and stayed there for 8 years

Volley link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=178961.msg245993#msg245993 date=1258542552]
You need to be an extra special cricketer if you are going to succeed in the Test arena with some technical flaws like Hughes has. You've got to give Test standard bowlers some credit, they'll figure you out pretty soon if you're not quite there. England did it to Hughes, just like we did it to JP Duminy after he touched us up in Melbourne.

Katich and Watson will start the summer for us as openers, and unless they have Barry Crockers then Hughes won't get a sniff. The Windies will be a walk in the park, so don't expect anyone to get dropped from the top order.

What exactly are JP Duminy's technical flaws? When's he been figured out?
[/quote]

56, 11, 4, 0, Golden, 36, 7, 9, Golden.........that's his scores this summer.

I'll admit that I haven't paid too much attention to other test nations for a while, but a few low scores doesn't mean someone's lacking technique wise, could just be a form slump. I remember seeing Duminy, and I didn't notice too many technique flaws. Mind you I was still at Uni last time they were out, so was in a booze haze for most of the summer/year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8