Phil Gould/Bob Fulton

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I know how much you all like Gould but you have to love this penrith side.

He was bought back in 2012/12 with a 5 year plan and while this year may be one step too far you can't argue he's on the right path.

Fast forward to Fulton and I'm seeing some similar moves. Most here are ready to berate and curse him but as Gould shows change takes time.

We had a an amazing side and a fantastic run but at some point the greatest must fall. The clearing had to happen and while the current Manly 2.0 may not be the answer perhaps 3.0 or 4.0 might be.

One things for sure I don't want to be like the once mighty Broncos. How many years in the wilderness have they spent before the prodigal son returned?

no matter how frustrated I am prepared to accept version 2.0 and 3.0 as long as we get back to the top.

Going back to Penrith who would have thought when they made Anthony Griffin coach they would go this well....

It DOES piss me off that not long after The Panthers have been signing all our talent (Whare, Hiku), Gould gets on the phone, and recommends Barrett to our organization.

The difference being that the Panthers and Gould have nurtured their juniors and not let them go.And in the 6 yrs Bennett was not at Brisbane they missed the finals twice,which is currently the run that Manly are on with no confidence that will change next yr

Good point but it's about using what you have. I think Fulton will sort us out over the next few years. Twenty may not be the man but we will get there...

It DOES piss me off that not long after The Panthers have been signing all our talent (Whare, Hiku), Gould gets on the phone, and recommends Barrett to our organization.
Nothing stopping us getting some of there good kids. Where would there 20's play.

Bozo Fulton will get things sorted. The bums on here will be eating their words. Comparisons with NSW Origin are so wide of the mark it is laughable.
Bozo will deliver and the knockers will shiver

I'd love for him to succeed. It's just that some of us aren't so naive to think that just because he was a brilliant player in the 1970's and a decent coach in the 80's and mid 90's he will automatically be a brilliant administrator. You're acting on blind faith, plain and simple.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7