Peter O’Sullivan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Peter O " Sullivan certainly did have the reputation some years ago of probably being the premier recruiter in the N R L and regardless of any of his private life 's questionable side . Whether he still has that same apparent recruiting skill and contacts and ability i guess would be an open question and an unknown right now . I thought that Egan came onto the Manly scene well after Crusher Cleal did some good things for Manly in that department and it would certainly return some former Manly flavour if he did take up a position with Manly again [ if also he had his previous recruiting prowess ] Maybe his past connection with Des would discount this occurring . There is still plenty of ability and capability in the mainly young present Manly squad and as has been often suggested , probably just one hard and experienced top line forward and consistent and capable 5 / 8 away from being an even more competitive squad , at least on paper .

Although being out of the game for a while, I am sure he would still have connections, not referring to the scrupulous kind, which given a chance could benefit Manly. Can we do any worse ATM.

Worst case scenario he could arrange TPA including "full service". Wonder how the NRL would treat this arrangement.

If he is such a premier recruiter then why isn’t every team fighting to sign him?
He was good because he went with truckloads of cash from storm and roosters to buy the best young talent. Won’t happen at Manly as we are broke and don’t have millions to sign up the best young players

If he’s a bit shady I’m not surprised we missed out, certainly what we don’t need is anyone of a dubious nature involved so the media can bag more **** on us!!

No offense to Trent Barrett, but what's actually wrong with our recruitment (at present)? I'm not sure who secured guys like Sironen, Paseka, Tanginoa, Lane, but under Trent Barrett they are all coming very, very good. Full strength, I think we have the best forward pack in the game. With Hodko coming, and with Taufua & others returning, our backline looks pretty slick as well. Think of the players who are missing out here:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Trent Hodkinson
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Tom Wright
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Shaun Lane

Missing out:

18. Moses Suli
19. Lloyd Perrett
20. Frank Winterstein
21. Lewis Brown
22. Toafofoa Sipley
23. Jack Gosiewski
24. Brad Parker
25. Jonathan Wright
26. Matthew Wright
27. Lachlan Croker
28. Jackson Hastings
29. Darcy Lussick

To me, that's a very well constructed roster. The thing that cruelled is injury / releasing players. There's a lot of games / experience / quality there with players who've missed out.

No offense to Trent Barrett, but what's actually wrong with our recruitment (at present)? I'm not sure who secured guys like Sironen, Paseka, Tanginoa, Lane, but under Trent Barrett they are all coming very, very good. Full strength, I think we have the best forward pack in the game. With Hodko coming, and with Taufua & others returning, our backline looks pretty slick as well. Think of the players who are missing out here:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Trent Hodkinson
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Tom Wright
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Shaun Lane

Missing out:

18. Moses Suli
19. Lloyd Perrett
20. Frank Winterstein
21. Lewis Brown
22. Toafofoa Sipley
23. Jack Gosiewski
24. Brad Parker
25. Jonathan Wright
26. Matthew Wright
27. Lachlan Croker
28. Jackson Hastings
29. Darcy Lussick

To me, that's a very well constructed roster. The thing that cruelled is injury / releasing players. There's a lot of games / experience / quality there with players who've missed out.
I believe our recruitment has been handled by Bozo and John Cartwright. With Bozo gone, Cartwright is effectively our main recruiter. We could do with a full time recruiter to help the coaching staff out so they can put all their effort in supporting the team.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Trent Hodkinson
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Tom Wright
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Shaun Lane

Missing out:

18. Moses Suli
19. Lloyd Perrett
20. Frank Winterstein
21. Lewis Brown
22. Toafofoa Sipley
23. Jack Gosiewski
24. Brad Parker
25. Jonathan Wright
26. Matthew Wright
27. Lachlan Croker
28. Jackson Hastings
29. Darcy Lussick

I think it is more an issue of the time, research, contacts and possible travel involved in doing a first class job, not to mention understanding and managing the salary cap. A full time position.

I still believe Baz will have the first and last say .....

I think it is more an issue of the time, research, contacts and possible travel involved in doing a first class job, not to mention understanding and managing the salary cap. A full time position.

I still believe Baz will have the first and last say .....
I've heard it said that in modern NRL it's not such a good idea to have the coach get first and last say. Exhibit 1: D Hasler

Who needs recruiters anyway, be like the Rorters just sit back, wait for another club to do the work , then poach them and throw them in the deep end.

And when they inevitably fail discard them like a rusty bike left on the street for someone to collect.

This whole signing a kid at 16 ( Tom Wright ) and nurturing them through the ranks is for the Pixies really so much better ( although not cheaper but when your cap is unlimited who gives a ****) just to poach the best from others.

PS: tongue firmly in cheek

I've heard it said that in modern NRL it's not such a good idea to have the coach get first and last say. Exhibit 1: D Hasler

Agree .... and I acknowledge there is a transition away from the all powerful coach .... but until that is reflected in the raising of the calibre and football experience of the office guy ... and an equal and opposite dumbing down of the coaching guy .... I think the current crop of coaches will prefer to live and die by their own abilities ....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8