• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I don't get why parra fans and the press always carry on that the eels are our biggest rivals. I know both clubs started in 1947 together and we played three grand finals between 76 and 83 and we seem to have traded a few players recently however apart from that we don't have anything in common with them at all.

For example the eels have the most number of spoons of current NRL clubs, we have none.

In my opinion the eels are basically irrelevant. In fact in recent history the Storm was our biggest rival between 05 and 14 as both teams played so many GF's and semis. All this time the eels were winning spoons or bottom 4 except for 09 where Jarryd Hayne took them from bottom 4 to the GF before they returned back to the bottom of the table again. The only meaningful game with them was that 05 prelim semi where they beat us however we were just starting to re build.

Same in the 90's. We were playing in GF's or making the semis and most of the time they were missing the 8. I can't remember one meaningful game against them in that era either.

Except from 76 to 86 they have been utterly hopeless.

TBH except for the purchase of Watmow, Foran and Hoppa I barely noticed them.

I don't get why parra fans and the press always carry on that the eels are our biggest rivals. I know both clubs started in 1947 together and we played three grand finals between 76 and 83 and we seem to have traded a few players recently however apart from that we don't have anything in common with them at all.

For example the eels have the most number of spoons of current NRL clubs, we have none.

In my opinion the eels are basically irrelevant. In fact in recent history the Storm was our biggest rival between 05 and 14 as both teams played so many GF's and semis. All this time the eels were winning spoons or bottom 4 except for 09 where Jarryd Hayne took them from bottom 4 to the GF before they returned back to the bottom of the table again. The only meaningful game with them was that 05 prelim semi where they beat us however we were just starting to re build.

Same in the 90's. We were playing in GF's or making the semis and most of the time they were missing the 8. I can't remember one meaningful game against them in that era either.

I like the cut of your jib;)

• 🤝
Reactions: R3

Boooom! Nothing more cutting than disdain ;)

What some don't understand that it is not a 13 man game anymore. Sometimes the impact players off the bench are game winners and we all are surprised with some teams like the Roosters who have brought Cordner, Moa, Guerra off the bench.
Hiku has great utility value and to say he won't make the top side is not a fair comment I think. With the interchanges and injury toll particularly Matai and Lyon ( think they won't miss games) Hiku could be very valuable . Just have to trust the coach and Bozo.

Not impressed at all with how Barrett spoke to Hiku, pretty disgusting actually..............! Peta is all class and a quality player........and to think he stayed loyal to Manly ahead of being offered more money from another club.

Anyway clearly there are some people who are still loyal in the NRL, thank you Peta. Sorry that the same sentiment could not be forwarded back to you now from our current coach and owners.

Very disappointing..................! :(
Yes, it must have been what was reported in the bastion of truth known as the telegraph. Player Managers are also the most honest of all the professions and wouldn't ever embellish or distort what was said to make his client the victim. I say we get the pitch forks and storm Narrabeen HQ for a lynching!!!!!

WHO"S WITH ME??????

Haven't the premiers of the last ten years been relatively injury free..No team these days can afford to have a star as a backup

I have had to do a re adjustment on how I view players, the staff/owners and the Club. Once a upon a time (like 1 or 2 years ago) as a supporter I could not understand how a worthy player on and off the field could change clubs for a 5 to 10% increase in salary. I could not understand how a Club could force this player out, even though he has a contract, as he did not fit the new mould.

I would say to most players, screw the Club, if a 5% better offer comes along take it. Supporters are just seeing it through their "loyal" eyes. For the players its a business.

Come the start of 2016 season I will know who my team players are. I have spent too much emotional energy over who is in and who is out.

For Hiku I would say, even though you are a worthy player on the field, a worthy person off the field and holder of a current contract, take what you can where ever it is. You deserve it.

I have never been that impressed by Hiku on the field. I think the reason he makes the NZ side is because they are light on for outside backs. When you consider that up until recently NZ has been the best test side in the world do you think that at any stage he would have been considered for Australia had he been eligible?

He has been solid for us but no where near exceptional. I doubt he'll go on to be any better than what we have already seen. And if he does, good luck to him. I'll wish him all the best and thank him for his service to date.

I don't have any issue with him being shopped around. We are looking to improve our side not weaken it. If this is a swap for Walker then we have strengthened our side.

Ffs if so many on here are over Toovey's sacking then they'll forget about Hiku in about 5 minutes.

I have never been that impressed by Hiku on the field. I think the reason he makes the NZ side is because they are light on for outside backs. When you consider that up until recently NZ has been the best test side in the world do you think that at any stage he would have been considered for Australia had he been eligible?

He has been solid for us but no where near exceptional. I doubt he'll go on to be any better than what we have already seen. And if he does, good luck to him. I'll wish him all the best and thank him for his service to date.

I don't have any issue with him being shopped around. We are looking to improve our side not weaken it. If this is a swap for Walker then we have strengthened our side.

Ffs if so many on here are over Toovey's sacking then they'll forget about Hiku in about 5 minutes.
I agree with you Frank . Hiku is a solid player but not a sensational or a speedy player . IMO I would prefer a drug free :) speedier Walker type player .

Hey Frank,

I wholeheartedly agree. Walker is an upgrade on Hiku in many ways. That being said, I'll still be disappointed he's going. When at Centre, he was amazing for us. It's just that Tooves had him playing flipping wing all the time (but who can blame him, when Matai / Lyon are your centres).

I don't think anyone has or will forget about Tooves mate - some people are just accepting what is done, is done & are moving on.

Still not sure about Walker at 5/8, but hey, happy to see it unfold :)

Barrett clearly has a plan. Plans involve hard decisions. I see it as no slight at all on Hiku, and no disservice to him, that he is being told he's not in Barrett's current plans for top grade. At the value he's being paid, he's of more value to another team with different strengths/weaknesses and different plans. And will get better opportunities there. When you're as talented as Hiku, when one door seems to close, another opens.

One "issue" is that Hiku was behind in the pecking order of ability compared to the centres we have. The best pairing in the comp! I in fact I would have Tommy T in front of him as he offers the pace we need.

I stand by what I said and believe the value of "loyalty" has diminished. This is a new era and I just have to get use to it.

One "issue" is that Hiku was behind in the pecking order of ability compared to the centres we have. The best pairing in the comp! I in fact I would have Tommy T in front of him as he offers the pace we need.

I stand by what I said and believe the value of "loyalty" has diminished. This is a new era and I just have to get use to it.
This is what professional sport is all about . Sponsors Money and win at all costs . Barrett is the new coach and he is under pressure to perform . He wants his own team and his own playing style . Some players fit in and some don't .
Its like when someone buys a house they move in and change the furniture and that is exactly what Barrett has done .
So make your selves at home feathered friends and enjoy the 2016 season.... Go the mighty Sea eagles !!! :)
12308242_10208567359170266_3150107386986340082_n.jpg

You seem to have forgotten the Eels were more than competitive in the late 90's and early 2000's with Minor premierships in 01 (statistically the most dominant season of the modern era til Johns, Buderus and Co put an abrupt end to that come Grand Final Day) and 05.

It's understandable though that this period may have slipped your mind as I recall Manly was not represented in the NRL for some of this time. From memory there was a team that looked similar to Manly... The Northern Beagles or something?

Anyway, I think that the supposed rivalry may owe some of its status to the Tooheys ad from the early 80's that seems to get airplay every time the teams meet.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14