Peta Hiku to Warriors

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
MMM....
Former Manly and Penrith Panthers utility Peta Hiku is reportedly set to join the New Zealand Warriors, cutting short his time in the English Super League with the Warrington Wolves after only joining mid-year.

MMM....
Former Manly and Penrith Panthers utility Peta Hiku is reportedly set to join the New Zealand Warriors, cutting short his time in the English Super League with the Warrington Wolves after only joining mid-year.
The Warriors’ recruitment drive has come under plenty of scrutiny of late after yet another disastrous season.

And I’m hearing the club has struck out again in signing former Penrith and Manly utility back Peta Hiku from Warrington.

Wolves were happy to let Hiku go - because he has a chronic knee problem and did little to impress in his short stint at the club.

I’m hearing the Warriors failed to do their due diligence before signing the Kiwi Test centre and could end up with yet another ‘dud’ buy for 2018.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...ler-dean-pay/yj0sprok30j12i3wqhilg7vs/slide/2

The Warriors’ recruitment drive has come under plenty of scrutiny of late after yet another disastrous season.

And I’m hearing the club has struck out again in signing former Penrith and Manly utility back Peta Hiku from Warrington.

Wolves were happy to let Hiku go - because he has a chronic knee problem and did little to impress in his short stint at the club.

I’m hearing the Warriors failed to do their due diligence before signing the Kiwi Test centre and could end up with yet another ‘dud’ buy for 2018.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...ler-dean-pay/yj0sprok30j12i3wqhilg7vs/slide/2
While Peta returning to the Warriors is legit, you can't trust the rest of this articles content. Through my own personal knowledge and watching Peta play for Warrington, he's played well for them.

He won Man of the Match honours a few games back and has scored a try nearly every game played.(9 tries/10 games) As for the chronic knee problems, not quite sure where that was sourced from. Family is the main reason for his return to the Warriors.

Last edited:
Obviously the Super League is a level down from the NRL. However Peta just scored a hat trick in his latest game against Rovers.(Knees looked O.K) From all accounts he has been a great pick up for the team. Even the commentators have had alot of praise for him in the games i have watched. Most Warrington fans don't want him to leave either.

Now just because he's related to me doesn't mean I'm trying to give an unbiased viewpoint. Anyone who has seen my posts on this site know that. Just wanted to dispell this article and it's content. In no way am I personally attacking "tookey" who posted this article. I just wanted to point out it is somewhat inaccurate.

Anyway as this isn't really Manly Sea Eagles related I will leave it at that lol. Just like the rest of you though, i'm looking forward to next season already. I hope we're able to make a couple more moves this off season if possible that can propel us to a legitimate contender. Either way i'm still keeping the faith in our team!!!

Addit: Sorry guys but I only just saw the article was from the Lurker. That explains it all now lol.

Last edited:
Obviously the Super League is a level down from the NRL. However Peta just scored a hat trick in his latest game against Rovers.(Knees looked O.K) From all accounts he has been a great pick up for the team. Even the commentators have had alot of praise for him in the games i have watched. Most Warrington fans don't want him to leave either.

Now just because he's related to me doesn't mean I'm trying to give an unbiased viewpoint. Anyone who has seen my posts on this site know that. Just wanted to dispell this article and it's content. In no way am I personally attacking "tookey" who posted this article. I just wanted to point out it is somewhat inaccurate.

Anyway as this isn't really Manly Sea Eagles related I will leave it at that lol. Just like the rest of you though, i'm looking forward to next season already. I hope we're able to make a couple more moves this off season if possible that can propel us to a legitimate contender. Either way i'm still keeping the faith in our team!!!

Posts don't have to be Manly related. It's a footy forum and the title of this thread is "Peta Hiku to Warriors" so if anyone was looking for Manly news...then lol.

I've always liked your little bit of inside knowledge posts re: Hiku and I haven't seen him play in awhile but boy I hoped he stopped doing his "slowly get to his knees...look at the ref's, throw his arms out wide as if to say 'why wasn't that a penalty?' as the opposition got heaps of time to reset their defensive line." that he used to do after most times he was tackled.

I liked him when he was here (still do)... but that 1 action drove me nuts! lol

Gotta love fake news .
He's soon to be released from Warrington I've heard, links up. I reckon this ones true, good move from the warriors. If they nab Green from us they'll have a worrying, and balanced, side

He's soon to be released from Warrington I've heard, links up. I reckon this ones true, good move from the warriors. If they nab Green from us they'll have a worrying, and balanced, side
Yeah nothing fake in regards him signing with the Warriors. Just the other claims made in the article about Peta. Just saw it was by Lurker so it all makes sense to me now lol.

Last edited:
I'll be tipping The Worriers for the spoon next season. There is something not right with this franchise. They should be finalists every season in all grades with the footballing talent at their disposal. This year they came near last in all, I think.
Perennial wooden spooners Newcastle have recruited well and have good depth so I'm sure they will climb the NRL ladder next season.

I'll be tipping The Worriers for the spoon next season. There is something not right with this franchise. They should be finalists every season in all grades with the footballing talent at their disposal. This year they came near last in all, I think.
Perennial wooden spooners Newcastle have recruited well and have good depth so I'm sure they will climb the NRL ladder next season.

Yep, the Knights will do much better in 2018.

Tigpies might give the Worriers a run for last though!

Yep, the Knights will do much better in 2018.

Tigpies might give the Worriers a run for last though!
It's not out of the question that Souths will get the spoon next year. A lot of old burgi, old inglis returning from injury, Sutton is really old. Sacked coach, rochow gone, gray gone I think. Did I mention lots of old players?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8