Perspective..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

malroon

Reserve Grader
Played the 2 favorites to win the premiership away from home, completely out played both games, was really hoping after last years efforts we would come out flying this year, but obviously once again we just never seem to turn up against the top teams, and everyone who says last year we started 0-4 it's not gonna be like last year we ain't gonna walk all over the bottom teams because alot of them have improved alot, I'll be happy if the lads even make the 8 but would be no suprise to me if we missed it, next week is a huge test, if we get bullied off the park early again it will say alot about where the lads are at.......(Above is not mine, I agree 100% so I borrowed it of James Keenan on FB..)

Played the 2 favorites to win the premiership away from home, completely out played both games, was really hoping after last years efforts we would come out flying this year, but obviously once again we just never seem to turn up against the top teams, and everyone who says last year we started 0-4 it's not gonna be like last year we ain't gonna walk all over the bottom teams because alot of them have improved alot, I'll be happy if the lads even make the 8 but would be no suprise to me if we missed it, next week is a huge test, if we get bullied off the park early again it will say alot about where the lads are at.......(Above is not mine, I agree 100% so I borrowed it of James Keenan on FB..)
If we don't do the big bounce back at Brookie against Trendies rabble, then I agree, we'll be battling to make even 8th...

@malroon I like to keep a humorous side when things are looking a little tough. We’ll be ok. Really need Schu back. He’s a massive loss atm. Aloiai too as he adds that mongrel. Looking forward to Sunday. Easts game is gone now. But bummed we didn’t pip one of those two.

If we lose the middle against them we will lose again....and again.....look slow and predictable against top sides, just that extra second or 2 is enough for our quick players to exploit the bottom 8 sides
Again see a Top 8 finish, with a replication of being dominated when when the crunch finals are on, exactly the same fashion as rounds 1 and 2 to start the season

If we lose the middle against them we will lose again....and again.....look slow and predictable against top sides, just that extra second or 2 is enough for our quick players to exploit the bottom 8 sides
Again see a Top 8 finish, with a replication of being dominated when when the crunch finals are on, exactly the same fashion as rounds 1 and 2 to start the season
We’ve played a couple of decent packs @maxta

It’s one thing to draw attention to the fact that we’ve played two quality sides, but we weren’t even in the fight...

I can cop two loses to any side of any quality if we aim up and have a crack and just happen to be beaten by a better side...but to be completely off the pace and embarrass the jumper, that’s what hurts

We’ve played a couple of decent packs @maxta
True that mate, but we'll play more decent packs yet - wait till we hit the Storm
There needs to be some more of something up front, because we have a Big pack....so although we can be beaten in the mobility factor, should dominate in the collisions and intimidate at very least, yet are losing in every catogory
Thing is, we are not the quickest, most agile pack....yet have little fear factor...
There needs to be something more on offer in the middle, to compete against the better sides

It’s one thing to draw attention to the fact that we’ve played two quality sides, but we weren’t even in the fight...

I can cop two loses to any side of any quality if we aim up and have a crack and just happen to be beaten by a better side...but to be completely off the pace and embarrass the jumper, that’s what hurts
We were a different team in the second half and actually won it. Sure there are problems but no need to be such a misery guts when the signs are there.

Easy to be the better team in the second half , when the other team takes its foot of the pedal..
You don't think they had some better moments as a team in the second half? Or are you just another of the whinging Wendy's who dominate the site these days?

Agreed we played two quality teams but we weren't competitive against either. We had 20 straight minutes at Easts line last night and never looked like crossing it really. It's been the same against the top teams for two years. At the moment we are just flat track bullies.

All this talk about our speed out wide yet ironically we've looked very slow where it matters and that's around the ruck. Seriously lacking creativity as well missing Shoe big time.

Luckily the Dogs don't have a Connor Watson type hooker that can carve you up, but they have plenty of mongrel in their pack and will be in our face like Easts were. If we aren't considerably better, they will beat us. They looked a lot sharper with Burton there last week and showed some steel to hang on when the Cowboys nearly ( and should have but for one terrible error) ran over them in the last 10 mins last week.

Even the Dragons looked so much sharper than us against the Panthers yesterday. But the Dragons are the perennial April premiers.

I want to see Walker back in the centres, he'd offer so much more bringing it out from our goal line and he is a genuine attacking threat, unlike Harper, who seriously looks slower and less threatening than Nate Myles. I don't think Koula is the answer: yes quick, but would probably be a speed bump in defence from what the trials and round one showed.

That's my perspective, we should make the 8 but it'll be dejavu of 2021.

Agreed we played two quality teams but we weren't competitive against either. We had 20 straight minutes at Easts line last night and never looked like crossing it really. It's been the same against the top teams for two years. At the moment we are just flat track bullies.

All this talk about our speed out wide yet ironically we've looked very slow where it matters and that's around the ruck. Seriously lacking creativity as well missing Shoe big time.

Luckily the Dogs don't have a Connor Watson type hooker that can carve you up, but they have plenty of mongrel in their pack and will be in our face like Easts were. If we aren't considerably better, they will beat us. They looked a lot sharper with Burton there last week and showed some steel to hang on when the Cowboys nearly ( and should have but for one terrible error) ran over them in the last 10 mins last week.

Even the Dragons looked so much sharper than us against the Panthers yesterday. But the Dragons are the perennial April premiers.

I want to see Walker back in the centres, he'd offer so much more bringing it out from our goal line and he is a genuine attacking threat, unlike Harper, who seriously looks slower and less threatening than Nate Myles. I don't think Koula is the answer: yes quick, but would probably be a speed bump in defence from what the trials and round one showed.

That's my perspective, we should make the 8 but it'll be dejavu of 2021.
Don’t like bagging players but man Harper is s head scratcher these days. When Tom is quiet it really highlights where the others around him are at. Harper looked good while Tom was carving up. Really struggling at the moment. Keen to see Koula get a shot in the Centre or even Dylan and keep Lawton as utility. I think all their tries were down harpers side yesterday.

Here’s some perspective:

No contract extensions for Dce and foz. Thanks for your service, would you like to join the coaching ranks?

Get schuster back, and humphries, tuitavake, Gordon, koula, weekes into first grade sooner.

Bully is a bench prop.

Lawton needs more time out there.

Davey to first grade starting side.

Harper to Blacktown.

Jake is only allowed to tackle and hit it up in our own half. Maybe he can be allowed to pass when we are on a roll.

Don’t like bagging players but man Harper is s head scratcher these days. When Tom is quiet it really highlights where the others around him are at. Harper looked good while Tom was carving up. Really struggling at the moment. Keen to see Koula get a shot in the Centre or even Dylan and keep Lawton as utility. I think all their tries were down harpers side yesterday.
the defensive woes down that side start with the Big O and DCE. That is where the problem lies. Harper is totally ineffective but the defensive issues start from inside. Not sure why and maybe there are not enough troops that side but Haumole is always far to wide inside of DCE. There is always a huge hole between he and DCE and Haumole is always going sideways. Slide defence is built on a strategy of moving up first, waiting till the ball leaves the hands then slide onto the next man. Haumole is sliding straight away to cover up the gap. DCE is also very indecisive and was in the big games last year... not sure whether to come in, take the man in front or slide and then that brings out Harper and Saab's indecision. The slide defence on that side is just plain not communicating and not doing what they are supposed to. Then add in that the markers and other forwards need to also slide inside and seem to always be clocking off until a break threatens and then they try to close the gap ala Keppie and the horse has bolted. Slide defence needs the entire team to be aware and all doing their job across the park. Given we can't suddenly change mid season to an up and in defence we need to get it ironed out... not sure how when DCE is pivotal in his misreads and when the inside forwards/markers either are not fit enough or just keep forgetting their responsibilities to cover off the inside gaps.

Last edited:
Here’s some perspective:

No contract extensions for Dce and foz. Thanks for your service, would you like to join the coaching ranks?

Get schuster back, and humphries, tuitavake, Gordon, koula, weekes into first grade sooner.

Bully is a bench prop.

Lawton needs more time out there.

Davey to first grade starting side.

Harper to Blacktown.

Jake is only allowed to tackle and hit it up in our own half. Maybe he can be allowed to pass when we are on a roll.
Sounds like a double espresso Saturday morning whip cracking session @Shoe1 @:D

watch me whip GIF

the defensive woes down that side start with the Big O and DCE. That is where the problem lies. Harper is totally ineffective but the defensive issues start from inside. Not sure why and maybe there are not enough troops that side but Haumole is always far to wide inside of DCE. There is always a huge hole between he and DCE and Haumole is always going sideways. Slide defence is built on a strategy of moving up first, waiting till the ball leave the hands then slide onto the next man. Haumole is sliding straight away to cover up the gap. DCE is also very indecisive and was in the big games last year... not sure whether to come in, take the man in fronot or slide and then that brings our Haprer and Saab's indecision. The slide defence on that side is just plain not communicating and not doing what they are supposed to. Then add in that the markers and other forwards need to also slide inside and seem to always be clocking off until a break threatens and then they try to close the gap ala Keppie and the horse has bolted. Slide defence needs the entire team to be aware and all doing their job across the park. Given we can't suddenly change mid season to an up and in defence we need to get it ironed out... not sure how when DCE is pivotal in his misreads and when the inside forwards/markers either are not fit enough or just keep forgetting their responsibilities to cover off the inside gaps.
Ennis mentioned it a cpl times last night. The thing is, he mentioned it early on, sort of like it’s a well known flaw in our defence. If the other coaches aren’t onto it already, they will be after last night. They need to get the communication going, and have everyone on the same page, and I think that starts with DCE.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8