Post-Game Discussion Penrith v Manly [Round 1, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Panthers
Vs
Sea Eagles
28 BlueBet Stadium
10 Mar 2022 20:05
80th minute

Match Stats

I am a DCE fan but he plays too many low percentage plays when we are in trouble digging us even deeper. DCE and Foran weren’t a patch on the Penrith halves. We can’t win this comp with our halves.
Throw in Croker and with the exception of Turbo, our spine is way off the pace.
Penrith are the benchmark team, and the concern is not losing in week 1, but it’s a repeat of our performances against the top teams that suggests we are slow learners( that includes the coach).

If we typically start the season with a loss, Isn't that a long term problem?????????????
Hmmm it is but it isn’t as it probably won't be affecting us in 10 weeks time

Although if we don't try fix the other issues it's quite likely they will still affect us in 10 weeks time. At least against the top 4 teams!

I actually think Koula will get a starting centre spot for Harper before too long. Parker runs good hard lines and tackles well. I thought he was one of our better players tonight considering he had to cover all Bullemors poor defensive reads.
Agree with Koula for Parker, but fear that Hasler will hold Koula back - similar to what he did with Olakau-atu.

Full credit to the 'Riff. They gave us no room to move. Doesn't matter how fast you are if you've got no space to exploit it.
Until our forwards can match it with the packs from the top teams (Jurbo and Guaca being the exceptions) then this season will be a re-run of 2021, flogging the lesser teams but not having the forward firepower of the top few.
This has to be the season that Tent and Keppie become our strongmen. Unfortunately, I'm starting to thing that both are good first graders but will never dominate and become our JWH-type 'Big Dogs'.

Agree with Koula for Parker, but fear that Hasler will hold Koula back - similar to what he did with Olakau-atu.
Parker played very well tonight. He runs hard and straight and does a lot of tackling. He deserves his spot. If Koala is to replace a centre it will have to be Harpo. But let's get fair dinkum here: No matter that Koala is the fastest bloke on the block, which I'm sick of hearing, unless our forwards can at least match the other pack he's not going to be effective. Look how Turbo was contained. The 'Riff defence was too good and bustled us into errors.

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Penrith: 28
Manly: 6

275565834_10159665840005993_8871846213036925974_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

c620536e7a3a92d0858c6791b2d697cf.gif

Pressers:
Manly Sea Eagles press conference | Fox Sports Videos

Penrith Panthers press conference | Fox Sports Videos

Post Match Interviews:

Match Report:

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights: TBA

Full Match Replay Link:

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips: TBA

Press Print & Video Articles:
NRL 2022, round 1: Penrith Panthers crush Manly Sea Eagles in season opener

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Manly were flat tonight & Penrith were as sharp as a tack.

We played poorly without confidence. For example, not once did we try an early shift to get out of our end. I think many teams, including those outside last year's top eight, would have beaten us tonight.

Two positives: most will write us off for the year, saying there is no way we can win the comp and Bullemor - no current forward except our regular 14 (Walker) could have scored that try. Hopefully, he'll score a stack of tries this year.

By the end of the season, Marty may not be in the top seventeen, replaced by a younger front rower with more aggression & go forward.

I assume Des didn't bring Koula on tonight as the game was a lost cause early in the second half. No point in the young man getting bashed unnecessarily. Des obviously likes him, so he may start in the thirteen sooner rather than later.
They suffocated us mate. Very little chance to shift the ball. We were just trying to ruck it out for some field possession. Thought Koula could have been brought on with 20 to go. Give the lad some game time to try and make a difference.

Koula for Parker? You’re kidding right? Parker was one of our best tonight. Would consider Koula for Morgan, but that leaves two inexperienced players on the left edge, which is a recipe for disaster. I can’t wait to see Koula take a permanent spot in the centres, but only after some experience there.

I am a DCE fan but he plays too many low percentage plays when we are in trouble digging us even deeper. DCE and Foran weren’t a patch on the Penrith halves. We can’t win this comp with our halves.
Mate, he was so deep in our half the only option was to reef it. Tried his guts out to get a relieving 40/20, and the kickoff that went out on the full was 3cm from being brilliant. Not sure what else the guy could do without a platform.

Last edited:
I agree, but we were outplayed by Canberra in the second half in the trial & we weren't any better tonight. Lack of cohesiveness & lack of sharpness.
Yeah, get where you are coming from mate, but it was a trial and we switched off with an eye to not getting injuries. I rate Penwiff a few levels above Ricky’s girls.

It was a pretty ordinary performance but the guys were gassed, yes the riff were good but they were let get away with slowing the ruck while we got pinged every time.
I'm not making excuses we need to improve specially our forwards but we are behind the 8 ball if matches get reffed like that.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10